Hidden Canyon in Irvine

The lot lines in your last pic make the yards look long and narrow, but then the back of the models look like the homes are wider... maybe just the distance make them look more narrow than they are.

thelandofnoland said:
Capri models going up well. What happened to the yard??

Well, this is the land of "no land" right? :)

Thanks for the pictures.  Looks like some home will have view lots, nice.

A friend of mine who applied for pre-approval to Hidden Canyon said that he was called a few weeks ago by a Sales Rep who told him that there were over 6000 applicants, half of which were planning to pay cash, and that these buyers would be given priority and the rest of the buyers would go through a lottery system. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

PS The fact that 3000 people are able to pay cash for $2 mil + homes is the part of Irvine that absolutely disgusts me.

ilovecheese said:
A friend of mine who applied for pre-approval to Hidden Canyon said that he was called a few weeks ago by a Sales Rep who told him that there were over 6000 applicants, half of which were planning to pay cash, and that these buyers would be given priority and the rest of the buyers would go through a lottery system. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

PS The fact that 3000 people are able to pay cash for $2 mil + homes is the part of Irvine that absolutely disgusts me.
The Unicorn Lives!

Must be that "coastal canyon" living.

ilovecheese said:

Probably it's true with all the hype/anticipation. Your friend should ask, out of the 6000 apps, how many qualify?

With 3000 people willing to pay cash, sounds like they're already all sold.

Heck, they don't even need to open the models up to the public.

Oh BTW, Toll Brothers is good at creating a lot of hype.  Before Baker Ranch opened they told me that the Heights and Highlands had over 2,000 people prequal and the waiting list was huge (I prequal'd as well.). Then on opening day, I could have walked in and reserved most any lot no problem.

Then again, Irvine land south of 405 is unicorn territory so who knows.

At some point in the near future they will change the name to hidden China right? :)

Buying in the first few phases here seems like a no brainer.

I heard one of the parks in Hidden Canyon will feature a hole in the ground with a tube you can ride straight through to the mainland. 

It's hard to say prices in this community should be comparable to turtle ridge. Many of the turtle ridge homes at the $3m price point have ocean views (albeit distant) and easy access to Newport Beach. Hidden Canyon has views of the 405. I think a much better comp is vicara in quail hill.

Lupari said:
It's hard to say prices in this community should be comparable to turtle ridge. Many of the turtle ridge homes at the $3m price point have ocean views (albeit distant) and easy access to Newport Beach. Hidden Canyon has views of the 405. I think a much better comp is vicara in quail hill.

You must live in Laguna Altura?

Drove into the development at Hidden Canyon last week. Have to say that the location is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing very close to this site. The frame of the model homes are up and they sit right next to each other, I mean you would figure that there would be ample space between the homes.

Have to say not sure why anyone would want to spend $2.5 million to $3 million here.

Home Buyer said:
The frame of the model homes are up and they sit right next to each other, I mean you would figure that there would be ample space between the homes.

Have to say not sure why anyone would want to spend $2.5 million to $3 million here.

Welcome to Irvine the landofnoland.  Pavillion Park - (Rosemist, Hawthorne etc.) buyers rejoice.  With your moderately large home sites you made a very wise decision.

Home Buyer said:
Drove into the development at Hidden Canyon last week. Have to say that the location is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing very close to this site. The frame of the model homes are up and they sit right next to each other, I mean you would figure that there would be ample space between the homes.

Look at Laguna Altura.. it is in the same location. That little community is selling at crazy price.

Laguna Altura is a really interesting real estate case study.  The community is very small, gated, and somewhat distinct in that it is tied in to the Holy Grail of High Schools for foreign buyers-- Uni.  A couple of very aggressive young real estate agents were able to leverage these factors early on and really inflate and control pricing.  As you are now starting to see properties listed and sold by a more diverse group of agents-- the pricing bubble is starting to deflate. 

Back