Help tracing a water leak (or finding someone to help trace it)

Final bill came in at 3,200 (OUCH), but that is the original estimate so nothing unexpected

2,000 of that will not be covered since it's the reroute, and on top of that have 1,000 deductible so this looks like out of pocket for me, cept for maybe couple hundred bucks.

Plumber did a good job though and everything looks clean and back to normal.

Things could have been much worse though so glad there was no wood that got messed up or any moisture/mold issues to deal with.

Tyler Durden said:
If you left that water go under your slab for too long, you could have been sitting on top of a sinkhole!

The good news now is that you don't have to worry about that problem again.

Definitely, I'd rather take a big hit like this than have the whole place go under

icey said:
Just wanted to give an update since everyone has been so helpful.

Looks like it was two hot water lines leaking, and both were capped today so the leak has been fixed. Damage is very minimal, doesn't seem like anything a fan won't clear up, so no wood or anything got soaked. I guess that is the blessing of slab pipes is that any leaks get mitigated by going back under the house for the most part. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). The bad part I guess of the pipes under the slab is that they are difficult to service.

We will have to open up the walls and re-route both lines next week. Estimated cost is about $3,000 (OUCH). Insurance will cover leak detection and patching, and any moisture mitigation services, don't think it will cover the re-route.

Currently all sinks and a shower are offline with hot water, but that's okay, the master shower is good so that's all I need right now lol

I opted for copper lines since I have drinking water concerns about the epoxy plastic and also using plastic PEX pipes methods.

Apparently our high chlorine water can beatup copper pipes pretty badly. My water heater went out earlier this year and was replaced also for leaks.

I'd say that's pretty reasonably priced. Sorry to hear about your troubles though. For anyone else in need of leak detection (slab or otherwise) give us a call.

http://plumberirvineca.org/leak-detection-irvine/
(949) 220-2826

Back