Haggen already closing

I'd be surprised if it'll be Ralph's as there's one down culver and another in Woodbury and another one on jamboree but who knows.

A bunch of Ralphs also seem to be closing down.  One in Tustin closed it's doors a few months ago.  One in South Coast Metro area is closing soon.  (on MacArthur/Fairview if you are looking for deals).

I think it'll be hard to get a grocer in there when the trend are these smaller concept stores. 50,000sf space. What about a gym?  Crunch? Another LA fitness? Where do ppl work out in OH/NP/NW?

The gym is a good idea.  24 hr fitness sports would be perfect.  I haven't been in forever but renew my pass every year for $20 nonetheless.

TLow97 said:
Besides Gelsons being a good candidate for the spot, I think Bristol Farms would do well there too.

Except Gelsons and Bristol Farms both only need half the space.  Maybe they can both go in together!!

They actually have a for lease sign up on the door.
Like some guy just going to drive by one day while buying his Nektr and call in and be like, hey can I rent this giant space out... Uhh for a vape store?

What would you guys think about an upscale 99 Ranch store with a food court.

By upscale I mean like the super markets they have in Asia that's attached to a department store building.  They are fairly luxurious. 

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
TJinOH said:
Like some guy just going to drive by one day while buying his Nektr and call in and be like, hey can I rent this giant space out... Uhh for a vape store?

By upscale I mean like the super markets they have in Asia that's attached to a department store building.  They are fairly luxurious.

It would be annoying to have an ethnic niche grocery store there. I think it should be a more general supermarket to appeal to a broad range of shoppers, and be a place where you can make quick runs for milk, bread, eggs, that sort of thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ralph's or TJ's but I doubt it will happen since its too close to Woodbury Town Center.

nyc to oc said:
TJinOH said:

It would be annoying to have an ethnic niche grocery store there. I think it should be a more general supermarket to appeal to a broad range of shoppers, and be a place where you can make quick runs for milk, bread, eggs, that sort of thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ralph's or TJ's but I doubt it will happen since its too close to Woodbury Town Center.

Seems too big a space for a TJs. Doubt Ralphs would open a store so close to two others (Jamboree and also at WTC).

Now that there are new players in these stores, perhaps Vons/Pavillions/Albertsons could pop back into a couple of these locations. One can hope. The Von's in our area was terrific and price competitive.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Now that there are new players in these stores, perhaps Vons/Pavillions/Albertsons could pop back into a couple of these locations. One can hope. The Von's in our area was terrific and price competitive.

They can't...they had to dispose of the stores in order for the merger of Vons/Albertson to go through.

irvinehomeowner said:
What about Bristol Farms? Did they ever open up another South County location after they closed the one at Kaleidoscope?

Sign me up for the OH Bristol Farms! With Albertsons so close, we need a different type of market there. I think it would work, and they have plenty of room for a seated dining area. Unfortunately, if they don't offer attractive lease deals, the retailers might wait until the are is more built-out. It would be nice to have a grocery store within walking distance :)

Look like there are quite a few bidders:

Bellingham,Wash.-based Haggen also has accepted bids for 55 additional noncore supermarkets for a total of $47 million. Haggen plans to submit the results of the auction for approval to the Bankruptcy Court at a Nov. 24 hearing.

Albertsons is looking to buy the largest number of locations ? 33 in all. Other bidders include Sprouts Farmers Market, Stater Bros. Markets, SB Grocery LLC, Tustin Safe LLC, Tawa Inc., Balboa Retail LLC, Good Food Holdings, RSJ Investment Group, Donahue Schriber Realty Group, Regency Centers LP, Carnival Supermarkets Inc. and Yoke?s Foods Inc.
http://www.dailybreeze.com/business...rnia-stores-bidders-lined-up-to-buy-55-more/1

Back