Guess who's renting in Shady Canyon?

11k sqft really isn't that big for a family of 6 when you think about it. That's less than 2000 sqft/person. He probably needs an extra gift-wrapping room. Maybe the house wasn't equipt with a bowling alley or a personal hair & nail salon. Perhaps the house only had 9 bathrooms instead of the needed 12. It could be that his wife needed an extra room where she could have her botox & facelift procedures.

[quote author="SoOCOwner" date=1230423505]A 10,700 square foot house isn't big enough? His wife wants a bigger closet?? Can someone find out what he sold for?</blockquote>

you will have to wait until the supplemental tax bill comes out and I have noticed that it can take anywhere from 4-10 months, as the county gets rather backed up sometimes. When the new assessed value comes posted (on the internet for all to view) this will be extremely close to the sale price.

The Supplemental 2009 tax notice for 42 Blue Heron (Parcel 464-031-01) lists the "new appraised value" at: $9,118,000 (including an adjustment of -$7000 for the homeowner's exemption). This seems high to me, but I have never seen this house in person.

McM ran one of those "your listing will sell in 90 days (or so)" hoo-ha's which required the agent to buy out the seller, or make them whole in some manner... I'm guessing that one or more of those deals went sideways which is why the interest in renting. Theoretical, but that's my guess.

Remember: Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

SGIP.

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People" date=1251255008]McM ran one of those "your listing will sell in 90 days (or so)" hoo-ha's which required the agent to buy out the seller, or make them whole in some manner... I'm guessing that one or more of those deals went sideways which is why the interest in renting. Theoretical, but that's my guess.

Remember: Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.

SGIP.</blockquote>
Is there anyway to see the status of those properties that were involved in the auctions?

There are two auctions being sponsered by Lee Ann Canaday in Coto.

You'd have to look up the advertising that was ran with the program, then cross check it with the title exchanges of the properties. I wish I had that kind of time to look it up out of sheer curiosity.

The Lee Ann Canaday auctions are pretty interesting. One home at $5,999,000 (MLS 584304) had a note "Property was originally listed at $10,475,000" Well, that should tell most people that it was listed too high and or not properly marketed. Who cares what it was listed at? It did not sell. The auction is October 3rd. Mark your calendar as it's going to be an interesting event.

Remember, Soylent Green Is People

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People" date=1251263743]You'd have to look up the advertising that was ran with the program, then cross check it with the title exchanges of the properties. I wish I had that kind of time to look it up out of sheer curiosity.

The Lee Ann Canaday auctions are pretty interesting. One home at $5,999,000 (MLS 584304) had a note "Property was originally listed at $10,475,000" Well, that should tell most people that it was listed too high and or not properly marketed. Who cares what it was listed at? It did not sell. The auction is October 3rd. Mark your calendar as it's going to be an interesting event.

Remember, Soylent Green Is People</blockquote>

Interesting is that both homes are backward. Ok, what do I mean by backward?

The Via Colinas house was put on the lot reversed of the way it should be. Ya know how new home elevations are model 2 or model 2R. Well this is 2R and it is way wrong. And it is just plain butt ugly.

And the Palma Valley home got built in the wrong direction. The front of the home is in the back and the back is in the front. No kidding.

I think John double ending 2317 S Coast Hwy will give him a little bit of cash.

Sale Price: $15,995,000

Commission: 2.5%

Nice check for $799,750

He made some bad investment decisions over the past 5 years and over-leveraged himself, but in no way is he going to be in trouble. He'll continue to be one of the top producers nationwide.

Back