Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

ChasingRainbows said:
Just came across this.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/million-679382-heritage-district.html

TUSTIN ? The city and Tustin Unified approved a $78 million plan to build a middle and high school while also ensuring Heritage Elementary will welcome its first students in fall 2016.

The arrangement marks a stark contrast from a few years ago, when the city and school district were duking it out in court over the delayed opening of Heritage Elementary.

It also signals an end to a years-long battle by neighborhood parents organized under Open Heritage Now, who cheered when the financing deal was approved at district offices Monday and City Council chambers Tuesday.

?It?s going to have such a big impact on so many families,? said Cathy Vallevieni, who helped spearhead the neighborhood movement.

Once again tax payers lose while government officials pat each other on the back.

Known for their meat (gigantic butcher section). Not sure how the quality has held up but they are very much like a Ralph's, etc, just a little cheaper in cost (but maybe not quite as nice looking inside...but I think part of that is their style / design is fashioned after a more old school grocery store vs. modern look / feel). I think a lot of that is driven by the fact that their employees aren't union.  I presume this one will be relatively upscale but the one I used to visit in Laguna Hills (when I lived that way) was relatively nice.  Employees were always very friendly as well. 

I'm just happy that we will have a grocery store close by.  The only problem i saw is that the anticipated completion date is 3-5 years for the entire shopping center.  That's insanely slow!  Here's to hoping the Stater Bros. is one of the first built and has its gran opening sometime in 2016!

Stater Bros?!?!? Noooooo! We've been waiting for years for a supermarket, and they give us Stater Bros? I would have taken any other market other than that.

There is a Stater Bros in Tustin off of Red Hill.

There are also a few in Santa Ana.

So it makes sense that they would put a Stater Bros in Legacy.

#GhettoSupermarket

:) :) :) :)

irvinehomeowner said:

#GhettoSupermarket

thats a lo blo

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#GhettoSupermarket

thats a lo blo

The same post over and over.  He/She says that anything outside of Irvine is "ghetto" and then proceeds to put in a lame hashtag trying to be funny.

eyephone said:
bones said:
so is it like smart & final type vibe?

Not at all. It's like an albertsons.
It is a normal grocery store, if anything it just has the vibe of a grocery store in the midwest, with literally the biggest butcher section you'll ever see at a standard grocery chain (e.g., Ralphs / Albertson's / Pavillion's).  Smart & Final is bulk and extremely cheap feeling.

I don't know if it is just perception but I feel like their quality (when it comes to produce / meats) is awful.  Either way, I do bulk of my shopping at Sprout's.  Love that place.

DJW1705 said:
test said:
irvinehomeowner said:

#GhettoSupermarket

thats a lo blo

The same post over and over.  He/She says that anything outside of Irvine is "ghetto" and then proceeds to put in a lame hashtag trying to be funny.
Wait... this time the "ghetto" is IN the lame hashtag.

#tryingtobefunny

I was hoping for Ralph's/vons/albertsons. Stater bros will suffice. I think the store being brand new will take away the Midwest grocery store vibe. I just did t want an Asian only grocery store.

Stater Bros.

LOL

I shouldn't be laughing, but it's so sad it's laughable.

Wonder if this new Stater Bros. will bring the flurry of Tustin PD activity that the other Stater Bros. brings (yes, it's on the corner of Red Hill & Mitchell)?

Excerpt from the Tustin PD Facebook page: "8-18-15 @ 3:25 PM ? We responded to the area of Redhill Ave and Mitchell Ave. regarding a man bleeding. It was determined the person was assaulted and died as a result of the assault. The investigation is ongoing."

I was drinking in a bar in Los Angeles when I began talking to an LA native.  After telling the person I was from Irvine, she said her impression of the place was that it is full of people who looked down on others....That was 10 years ago, but I always remembered the conversation if not the person.  It can't be true can it?

zubs said:
I was drinking in a bar in Los Angeles when I began talking to an LA native.  After telling the person I was from Irvine, she said her impression of the place was that it is full of people who looked down on others....That was 10 years ago, but I always remembered the conversation if not the person.  It can't be true can it?
Troof

And then you see TalkNewportBeach on how they look down on irvinites.  Ha

Redhill and Mitchell is not a good area. If it was a Ralphs there instead of Stater Brothers, the clientele would be the same. Not all Stater Brothers are like the one on Red Hill. I've been to the store in Laguna Woods and it and the people going there were just fine.

That being said, Stater Brothers locates in areas where they can get lower rent rates and near higher density housing.

They do have some good prices sometimes, double ad Weds. I just went to the Redhill location a week ago to get their Ebay gc deal (buy one gc for $50 get back a $10 catalina with no minimum purchase). If I had more time and was in that area I would definitely have gotten more. Spent the money on whole chickens at 89 cents per pound which matches the sale price anywhere else.

Back