Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

It looks like the right half of The Village is dedicated to medical offices. Interesting. I wonder what grocery store will go in there. Where's the closest grocery store (non-Whole Foods) right now??
I'm really looking forward to the Cornerstones and the Linear Park. I'm a little bummed that the Linear Park is now so much smaller than originally planned though.

happytales said:
It looks like the right half of The Village is dedicated to medical offices. Interesting. I wonder what grocery store will go in there. Where's the closest grocery store (non-Whole Foods) right now??
I'm really looking forward to the Cornerstones and the Linear Park. I'm a little bummed that the Linear Park is now so much smaller than originally planned though.

The grocery stores I go to are Ralph's on jamboree by the marketplace, raphs on culver/walnut and albertsons on Alton/Harvard. So looking forward to something right around tej corner.

happytales said:
DJW1705 said:
test said:
happytales said:
I wonder what grocery store will go in there.

I bet its going to be 99 Ranch

It better not be

lol. I also hope not. I would prefer a Pavilions but probably a long shot.
I'll go with Stater Brothers as my prediction. TIC doesn't rent to them (or at least it seems that they don't) and the others all have stores relatively close by (then again, I think their is a Stater Brothers on Redhill or Newport). 

Bullsback said:
happytales said:
DJW1705 said:
test said:
happytales said:
I wonder what grocery store will go in there.

I bet its going to be 99 Ranch

It better not be

lol. I also hope not. I would prefer a Pavilions but probably a long shot.
I'll go with Stater Brothers as my prediction. TIC doesn't rent to them (or at least it seems that they don't) and the others all have stores relatively close by (then again, I think their is a Stater Brothers on Redhill or Newport).

Good guess but perhaps stater bros does not want to pay what tic is asking? I would prefer a ralphs even though there are others close by.

WTTCHMN said:
Bullsback wins.

"More than a third of The Village will be retail. Stater Bros., CVS Pharmacy and Great Foundations Montessori daycare have signed leases, according to Omar Hussein with Regency Centers. The developer is also in talks with a national bank and coffee chain, Hussein said, with ?tremendous? interest in several smaller retail and drive-thru food spaces."
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/tustin-679383-center-retail.html

Interesting, they should change the cvs with a walgreens. Target sold it's pharmacy services to CVS. (maybe I was not suppose to say that, it's public news)

WTTCHMN said:
Bullsback wins.

"More than a third of The Village will be retail. Stater Bros., CVS Pharmacy and Great Foundations Montessori daycare have signed leases, according to Omar Hussein with Regency Centers. The developer is also in talks with a national bank and coffee chain, Hussein said, with ?tremendous? interest in several smaller retail and drive-thru food spaces."

Stater Bros?  Not exactly the Whole Foods/Pavilions/Bristol Farm category.

Just came across this.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/million-679382-heritage-district.html

TUSTIN ? The city and Tustin Unified approved a $78 million plan to build a middle and high school while also ensuring Heritage Elementary will welcome its first students in fall 2016.

The arrangement marks a stark contrast from a few years ago, when the city and school district were duking it out in court over the delayed opening of Heritage Elementary.

It also signals an end to a years-long battle by neighborhood parents organized under Open Heritage Now, who cheered when the financing deal was approved at district offices Monday and City Council chambers Tuesday.

?It?s going to have such a big impact on so many families,? said Cathy Vallevieni, who helped spearhead the neighborhood movement.

WTTCHMN said:
Bullsback wins.

....Qwerty, better bust out that phone book and line up them "friends"

bones said:
Never been to stater Bros. what is it like?

The ones I've been to have a "cheaper feel" than regular grocery stores. They used to have good quality meats but I'm not sure about now. Their prices are also generally cheaper.

bones said:
Never been to stater Bros. what is it like?

The closest one I know is on Red Hill...it's reputation is more value and bulk.  It is based out of San Bernardino.

They are fine stores...just not Whole Foods level.

Back