Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

Bullsback said:
Also, part of this is assuming that someone able to buy a home for $1M can also hold off a year or two and buy a different home in a location they prefer for 1.2M or whatever the delta is. That isn't always a realistic expectation either as the person going to the $1M might already be stretching themselves. 

Or they just buy a detached condo for $1M in Irvine ;)

bones said:
Bullsback said:
Also, part of this is assuming that someone able to buy a home for $1M can also hold off a year or two and buy a different home in a location they prefer for 1.2M or whatever the delta is. That isn't always a realistic expectation either as the person going to the $1M might already be stretching themselves. 

Or they just buy a detached condo for $1M in Irvine ;)

The only way I was able to talk myself into paying MRs are the schools.. if they can't have it set in stone.. then what exactly are you paying for?  Sight of the Hangar I guess.

We were thinking of Greenwood due to the location but are pretty sure our kids will go to private school. If that's the case would you say greenwood should not even be a consideration since we'd be throwing away money on Mello Roos that we're not even using?

pnau said:
We were thinking of Greenwood due to the location but are pretty sure our kids will go to private school. If that's the case would you say greenwood should not even be a consideration since we'd be throwing away money on Mello Roos that we're not even using?

Are your kids going to be in private school even if you buy in Irvine?  If so then you are throwing away money either way. 

I think what happens here is people look at the price rather than the price/sft.

Do I spend $1.1m in Tustin or $1.1m (albeit a smaller home) in Irvine?

Greenwood should have done more between the Sheldon and Huntley products as there are probably more buyers in the $700k-800k range for SFRs than the higher square footage.

Once you start looking at $1.2m+ for Stafford, even at close to 4000sft, you are probably going to look elsewhere.

pnau said:

i would look at your total net cost of doing private school and cost of your house vs somewhere like irvine where im guessing you may not do private school and consider other factors such as convenience to work, etc.  In cities like irvine where there is a built in premium for schools, at first glance it would seem foolish to pay for the school premium if you were going to send your kid to private school. but like i said, that is at first glance. there are other factors to consider as well such as where you normally eat, shop, work, look of community, safety, etc.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think what happens here is people look at the price rather than the price/sft.

Greenwood should have done more between the Sheldon and Huntley products as there are probably more buyers in the $700k-800k range for SFRs than the higher square footage.

Once you start looking at $1.2m+ for Stafford, even at close to 4000sft, you are probably going to look elsewhere.
Does anyone know what are the included features in price?

Solar?, Front Yard for Crawford?.  Landofnoland posted average lot size as 70x75 for Stafford and 50x100 for Crawford.  Do they still hold?  Crawford was said to be upper 900s but the prices posted seemed to range from above 1 million to almost 1.3 million.  Stafford prices similar?

A lot of the Crawford homes include guest suites above the garage storage.  All Stafford homes include panoramic style doors at legacy room, some include fireplaces (multiple locations) too.  I believe the first few phases of Crawford, Huntley, and Stafford are are pre-plotted so they can include some countertop and bathroom upgrades.  The only upgrades you can choose is the flooring, at least for the first phase.

Irvine Dream said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Does anyone know what are the included features in price?

Solar?, Front Yard for Crawford?.  Landofnoland posted average lot size as 70x75 for Stafford and 50x100 for Crawford.  Do they still hold?  Crawford was said to be upper 900s but the prices posted seemed to range from above 1 million to almost 1.3 million.  Stafford prices similar?

Pricing:

Sheldon
Plan 1: $683,900 to $689,900
Plan 2: $747,900 to $774,900
Plan 3: $746,900 to $749,900
Plan 3x: $788,900 to $790,900

All available for December 2015 move-ins.

Just drove by greenwood on way back from cleaners. Lots of cars. Lots of Asians. More people than I would have thought.

qwerty said:
Just drove by greenwood on way back from cleaners. Lots of cars. Lots of Asians. More people than I would have thought.

Unfortunately, you won't see me there or any other delevelpment.

I'm good with my equity in my house. I feel we are in the "bubble territory" give in take 1-2 years.

Homer_Simpson said:
Saw Martin there and his gt3... 😎

Loved Stafford
I guess I'm the only gt3 driving realtor in OC.  haha  Why didn't you say hi?  They let me drive inside because I told them I was an agent registering a few buyers.  Got there around 9:45am and stayed till 10:30ish...the crowd was definitely increasing from the time that I got there to the time that I left. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Homer_Simpson said:
Saw Martin there and his gt3... 😎

Loved Stafford
I guess I'm the only gt3 driving realtor in OC.  haha  Why didn't you say hi?  They let me drive inside because I told them I was an agent registering a few buyers.  Got there around 9:45am and stayed till 10:30ish...the crowd was definitely increasing from the time that I got there to the time that I left.

I was holding a screaming kid and maneuvering through a sea of people lol. First thought was to gtfo of there.  After visiting Greenwood, i can say I love the park area for the kids but am not a fan of the proximity to jamboree and apartments, the schools and density

Here's my take on today's grand opening:

Got there around 1 after lunch, parked in the gravel lot across from the apartments.  Arrived at Huntley first, tons of 'Greenwood' shirted staff but keep hearing "I'm not a salesperson so I do no know the answer".  I guess they were just there to hand out brochures?  A waste of a chance at first contact with potential buyers.  Ghetto looking harpist, very casual.  Took this pic off the 2nd story deck in Huntley:

image_zpsxmhcnaqf.jpg

That's Jamboree in the distance and you see the metro link station as well.  Can't hear much at this distance.

Huntley feels cramped, probably due to crowds and the 9ft ceilings(?)

Went to the park area next, plenty of staff around but seems like they were not trained well.  Lady had trouble getting lemonade to pour out, being told I have to register on a dirty iPad, trying to find a semi clean table to eat my food, and that cess pool looking thing near the clubhouse.....  They could've fixed that, but they chose not to, what an eyesore.

Hit up Crawford next, it was ok, not a fan of alley loaded, but these should sell as they got good lots in Greenwood.  Here's a pic inside one of the master bathrooms:

image_zps6wdzy1mv.jpg

This must be the 'qwerty' shower view deck off the master :)

Yea. I agree. That's it?  No stafford commentary? I kept scrolling down for more but there wasn't more. Seems a bit light on the usual ps9 verbosity.

Back