Great Park Neighborhoods

ps9 said:

Look at the size of those Ryland Homes!  Lots of rooms to throw up in...

Apparently 3 Car Garage means tandem.  ::)

15296_flp1_lg.jpg

Disappointed.. only Rosemist plan 2 for me...everything else (2 story single family homes) seems like Irvine Pacific... did they hire the same architect?

irvinehomeowner said:
Lennar's "Next Gen" marketing is interesting... totally targeting FCB in-laws.

Or... they could be rental suites for Bennyboy. :)

Just what I need to keep housemates entertained in their own rooms while helping me cover my HOA + MR (if that).

By the way: Do you find it a common theme them that the bedroom downstairs is highly valued for "grandparents" / guest room?

Just cause you live with them, doesn't mean you want to be close to them!

When the grandparents/parents are the ones helping you with your 20% ~ 100% downpayment, it is only polite to give them some of the pie.

No Quarter said:
Depending on the place in the family (e.g., oldest son, youngest son) its also very common for Asians to have their parents live with them as their parents get older.  In many cultures, you would be thought of quite poorly if you were to exile your parents to a nursing home in their old age.

Old joints, poor balance and weak bones means avoiding stairs and potential falls if possible... so downstairs or 1 level floor plans are ideal as the population ages.

Now there is a law in China to require visits to your parents. "A new national law introduced this week requires the offspring of parents older than 60 to visit their parents "frequently" and make sure their financial and spiritual needs are met." http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/02/world/asia/china-elderly-law

I'm happy to see a single story plan by Lennar (Bechwood Plan 1), in addition the plan one by Pulte. Looking forward to seeing all the models in September.

I've already picked out the appropriate outfit for the GP Grand Opening  ;)

LadiesDeconSuit-HDImage.jpg

Back