Great Park Neighborhoods

Map of the lots.

6i5or5.jpg

They've started model construction between the 133 and Ridge Valley south of Portola but closer to the north side of Irvine Blvd.

Santa Ana has no vacancy due to all the construction activities. Qwerty's relatives are so busy working Santa Ana is quckly moving up the rank in the list of safest cities.

hrcp said:
Elementary school assigned to Canyon View for now.  I guess until one gets built at the GP. Got to wonder what the folks in NWP think about that?

Wow, if that is true that is a huge coup for the GP hoods. GP elementary school > SG/CV/WB/LR.

hrcp said:
Updated website for the Great Park Neighborhoods is out.
http://www.greatparkneighborhoods.com

Looks like they've increased the range of home sizes to 1750 - 4200 sq ft.  No floor plans yet, besides the ones that Pulte has on their site.  Can't wait to see the floor plans on the 4200 sq ft home.  :D  I prefer an upstairs master bedroom, so hopefully there will be alternatives to Pulte's downstairs master in the larger homes.

Elementary school assigned to Canyon View for now.  I guess until one gets built at the GP. Got to wonder what the folks in NWP think about that?

Why would they mind?  Family income level for GP would be much higher than NWP's comparable income level at it's time of build out ('98-99).  You'll have kids coming from better funded families going to your school, keeping the scores high, keeping your soon to be empty nester neighborhood's value high... NWP should be grateful..

I would not plant directly in the ground in any development.  Think of all the stuff that gets dumped in the ground during construction of the homes.  Better off with raised planter if you want to grow stuff, though I've heard fruiting plants are better since the chemicals collect in the leaves and roots, not the fruit.

Was walking through the Great Park neighborhoods yesterday evening. These are the models under construction on Pavillion Park across the street from the park; the park is in the foreground. I'm most impressed with the distance between the homes.

IMG_6876_zpsb8eafc93.jpg

IMG_6870_zps479682f8.jpg

IMG_6868_zps7ca2367d.jpg

IMG_6866_zpsb6dc9cb2.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
NYT said:
I'm most impressed with the distance between the homes.
You can fit a TIC home in between each of those. :)

You didn't see the drawings?  They are fitting a detached Cal Pac condo in between those big homes.  It's going to be a motorcourt entrance for the detached condo and front garage setup for the SFRs.

My Ridiculously Long That's Wat She Said Yellowneck USERName said:
NYT said:

Those trees look toxic!

Most of the jacarandas looked like they'd been stressed but would probably recover. A few of the huge multi-trunk California Sycamores, on the other hand, looked downright dead (unless they were dormant, which they shouldn't be at this time of year). What was odd was that at most intersections, there were large mature trees planted at each of the corners, except one of the four corners was left treeless. Perhaps they'll put neighborhood signage there? It just looked odd, but then again it's quite early.

irvinehomeowner said:
@NYT:

Were there any signs to indicate which builder this was?

For these particular homes, no, there were no builder signs. There were construction trailers for Lennar and for Richmond American in the area, but not close enough to these models to make me think either one was the builder (although that doesn't rule it out).

Back