Good pizza in Irvine?

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Man... Stone Fire Grill and Yard House pizzas are being touted here?

I must be a pizza snob... which is ironic.
What about Shakey's?  $5 all you can eat pizza and mojo potatoes!

Shakeys is actually pretty good to me, but I don't think their Bunch-A-Lunch has been $5 in a few years.

And I thought Pieology's crust was thinner than Blaze... Mod being the thinnest.

Shakeys seems a bit far to go for what it is.  Also I wasn't impressed at all the last time I had it, but that was over a decade ago.

I liked round tables, but hardly eat there since they were priced near sit down resaturant level (i.e. BJ's).  I will miss the chicken and garlic pizza with white sauce, one of my favorites.  Hopefully they reopen soon with another franchisee and better deals!

Did anyone else here happen to see the MOD Pizza promotion they were running very recently? For every $25 worth of gift cards purchased, they give you a free pizza or salad plus drink. It's a good deal.

It's funny because right before the promo ran, I had this feeling that I should make an offering to our church by providing lunch for the whole youth group and their guests in the hopes of helping it grow. What do teens love more than free pizza, right? I mentioned it to the youth pastor. Then, coincidentally, I saw the promo. I decided instead of paying the day of the event, I would just go buy a bunch of gift cards that I would use to pay for the youth group's lunch later. I guess the promo was super popular. The manager said they ran out of certificates so they had to make me some on the fly. It ended up being like 40% off. Spend a hundred bucks, get about $40 worth of free meals. Not bad!

So I saw cauliflower crust at CPK but no one wanted to try it.

Then at Pieology at the Spectrum last week I saw they had it and gave it a try.

I liked it and will order it more but it was a $2.50 add on.

Back