Gold

[quote author="PANDA" date=1259217281][quote author="BondTrader" date=1259215843][quote author="PANDA" date=1259146191][quote author="BondTrader" date=1259077868][quote author="PANDA" date=1259033030]Man. Someone needs to go out there and cut the FED's nuts out. These clowns are artificially inflating the stock market and destroying our currency. The dollar has been slapped around enough and we need to see the market fall and see a rebound in the dollar. Near-term, I think Gold is over bought. MoreKaos, I hope you are still hanging in there with your Gold shorts. Stay strong!</blockquote>

Panda, a couple quick thoughts on your recent behavior

1. You really need to calm down and stop paying attention to daily volatility of gold future prices. Turn your screen off for 6months and come back to see where gold is at by then. You are a long term INVESTOR, so behave like one and stick with what you believe in the long run that Gold will outperform any other asset class in the next 2-3yrs or longer.

2. I know it hurts you seeing gold go up everyday because you feel you left some money on the table, again, you did the right thing of getting out of some of your gold holdings a while back which is the most prudent thing to do when you are not certain which way the market will go. Assuming gold is at $600 today, would you be upset for not selling everything? It's not about timing, it's about sound risk control and discipline.

3. And as a gold bug like yourself, you'd hope nobody will stop the Fed from printing so Gold will hit $5000 sooner or later, so come on, don't talk like your really care about dollar falling. I don't, :)</blockquote>

LOL. Bondtrader, what are you my dad? haha. Yeah, I recently took some profits at $1150 and bought back the dollar at 75. I could be totally wrong with my decision, but at this point this market makes no sense to me. The bear market rally of the great depression lasted 6 months and we can currently 9 months into this rally. This market is rallying on thin air with low volume. This is unprecedented and not one economist i respect and follow predicted this bear market rally would last this long. To be real honest, I just don't have the skin and balls that Awgee has.

You are right though... i am totally NOT a trader and i need shut the screen off and focus on my work which provides me the best ROI.</blockquote>

LOL, I totally agree that this market doesn't make a lot sense fundamentally and I try not to use historical references to evaluate today's market. We are in a new world anyways, it's all about momentum and dollar.</blockquote>

LOL, When Panda does not understand, Panda does not play! Enjoy your Thanksgiving Bondstrader.</blockquote>

Looks like for having Panda stop talking about Gold for a couple days, we get a good pull back today. :)

70$ pullback on gold. And all because of a 0.1% pullback in unemployment.

I'm not sure how some of you can feel so safe in gold when it panics down at the very first whiff that things might be, just might be a fraction of a percent better than expected. :p

Back