• Yes, but I am non-religious

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • No, but I believe in a higher power

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
Mety said:
Good luck trying to figure it out in the name of science. BTW someone might actually tell you he/she figured it out as you'd hope in a future. Just know that person is most likely the Anti-Christ who Jesus warned us about.

Not trying to figure out anything. Just explaining why there is stuff some people can't seem to grasp.

It's okay... no one will ever have all the answers.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Good luck trying to figure it out in the name of science. BTW someone might actually tell you he/she figured it out as you'd hope in a future. Just know that person is most likely the Anti-Christ who Jesus warned us about.

Not trying to figure out anything. Just explaining why there is stuff some people can't seem to grasp.

It's okay... no one will ever have all the answers.

Yeah, you're actually right here. We can't have all the answers. Only God does. Just watch out when someone says he/she does.

Only God knows everything, but a suspicious number of people seem to be able to talk to him, write down his thoughts in books, and claim to know a whole lot of information about his likes and dislikes

fatduck said:
Only God knows everything, but a suspicious number of people seem to be able to talk to him, write down his thoughts in books, and claim to know a whole lot of information about his likes and dislikes

If you meant to say the authors of The Bible, the right way to say is - God talked to them to write those words down instead of them having the ability to talk to God.

If you meant to say those so called "modern day prophets" who claim to have direct revelation from God, they're most likely false teachers and I strongly suggest to stay away from them.

teddybear said:
Remotely worship in the head. Does that count?

Who am I to make the call?

I?m just asking if your church is still closed for in person worship or fully open.

@Mety: I'm still remote.

It's more convenient but less communal.

But to be honest, I've never been a social person, TI is as friendly as I get. :)

irvinehomeowner said:

But to be honest, I've never been a social person, TI is as friendly as I get. :)

I see. So even if your church opens, you don't plan to attend?

Our church is fully open and so do other churches around seem so.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, you told us that you wear a mask and you are vaccinated.
But I have to say. Let people be. If they want to attend virtually or in person.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yeah, you told us that you wear a mask and you are vaccinated.
But I have to say. Let people be. If they want to attend virtually or in person.

Haha. Oh, eyephone. Yes, please let people be. Please let people be.

I'm just *asking* IHO here. I'm not telling him to do or not do anything.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

I believe most churches are open... some still have outdoor service.

To answer your question, ours is open but attend remotely.

Thank you for your answer. If you prefer or sometimes have to do remote, that?s fine. I still believe gathering in person is more biblical, but who am I to judge? As long as you admit your sin and have Jesus as your Lord, that?s what it matters, right?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

Thank you for your answer. If you prefer or sometimes have to do remote, that?s fine. I still believe gathering in person is more biblical, but who am I to judge? As long as you admit your sin and have Jesus as your Lord, that?s what it matters, right?

Now you are judging if people go remote?
The other thread you said you let people be.
(I guess it applies to that and not this)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

Now you are judging if people go remote?
The other thread you said you let people be.
(I guess it applies to that and not this)

No

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

Community as described in the Bible is relative today with technology.

A Zoom call with a family on the East Coast can be just as "biblical" as someone in-person at a service.

Some can claim that remote church goers do more for their church and community at large than those who go physically.

Mote/splinter.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Mety:

Community as described in the Bible is relative today with technology.

A Zoom call with a family on the East Coast can be just as "biblical" as someone in-person at a service.

Some can claim that remote church goers do more for their church and community at large than those who go physically.

Mote/splinter.

I?m not really against technology or its usages for worship services. When I?m not feeling well, I do remote online service also. I?m really thankful for such technology advantages we have today. The issue I had when there was shut downs and limits from the government on religious gatherings was if we were to stay that way forever or for a long time. Thankfully it didn?t last a year.

I can see some people can do more remote than in-person also. I even heard there were more offerings and gifts came to some churches while in remote. However I don?t believe doing things more or even making more offerings really relate to having more spiritual growth. It?s just my personal opinion based on what I find from the bible. You have your own interpretation from it so I?m not judging you or anything as eyephone falsely accuses lol. The only thing I would judge is if you speak of Jesus as someone else other than the Son of God who is the only way to heaven.

Now that the religious gatherings are fully back to on-site and no mask and distancing are required, are we going to blame aliens for the next lock down?:)

Back