Frozen Yogurt fans or for those who've never tried the tart-flavored frozen yogurt

cantaloop_IHB

<em>I am a long time reader of IHB for the past 1.5 years. In addition I am a 2.5 year renter living in an IAC property looking to buy in 2009. So, please do not flame me or think that I'm a marketing troll. I really do love this site! </em>

In any case, I am part owner in a yogurt store that has just opened. I know the economy is in a weird state, but I got involved with this about 1 year ago. Nevertheless, if you enjoy frozen yogurt - please drop by for the Grand Opening Event. We're trying to get our name out, so we're giving away Free Frozen Yogurt (Original Tart, Mango, Pom, Pina Colada, and OG Vanilla & Choc) on 5/23 and 5/24 (the Fri and Sat of Memorial Day weekend).

Cantaloop is located on 17th St near Tustin Ave (between 55 and 5) near Tustin/Santa Ana border. Please see attached coupon for details.

Enjoy!

I LOVE frozen yogurt and one of the very best things about being back in CA is being able to get frozen yogurt regularly! Last week heard some women talking about this new tart yogurt. Do you have the ingredients available on your yogurts as my daughter is allergic to eggs and nuts?

<blockquote>It took a few visits for me to become a fan of the tart yogurt. But now I?m addicted lol.. </blockquote>

I do believe it is an acquired taste and I have yet to get it. I nearly puked after trying some tart yogurt they were giving away for free at Pastagina in Woodbury Town Center. Their pasta is great but I thought they dropped a dead rat in the yogurt machine. :)

I LOOVE frozen yogurt, definitely will try and get a free loop! There's definitely no shortage of yogurt shop these days. Why another "fruit" name for a yogurt shop? There's Pinkberry, Kiwiberry, and Red Mango.

[quote author="movingaround" date=1210802282]I LOVE frozen yogurt and one of the very best things about being back in CA is being able to get frozen yogurt regularly! Last week heard some women talking about this new tart yogurt. Do you have the ingredients available on your yogurts as my daughter is allergic to eggs and nuts?</blockquote>

The ingredients do not contain any egg or nuts, although there is whey (protein) included. In addition, we use skim milk, sugar, yogurt (obviously), and other natural juices (depending on flavor). So it should be safe for your daughter. If you visit outside the grand opening hours, mention IHB and we'll give you a $1 off any frozen yogurt ;)

if you're giving out free yogurt during grand opening hours and you're giving $1 off for mentioning IHB, then technically you would owe us a $1??

The $1 off is "If you visit outside the grand opening hours,..." There's some good reviews for Cantaloop on yelp as well as comparing it other "froyo" places.

[quote author="acpme" date=1210983547]i missed the part about "outside". my yogurt arbitrage has been foiled!</blockquote>

I don't blame you for trying. I'm a big fatwallet or slickdeals person. Hope you see you at the Grand Opening!

Psst! Cantaloop - You can't be going around restricting hiring by age. <a href="http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/about/prohibitedPracticesE.aspx">That's a big no-no.</a> The community colleges offer business law courses. I would really recommend taking one because ignorance can cost you a bundle.

Yep. Fair Housing and Fair Employment violations can cost you big time. <a href="http://www.onecitizenspeaking.com/2008/04/fair-housing-gr.html">Ask Dan Bader.</a> Good tip Eva.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1211150036]Psst! Cantaloop - You can't be going around restricting hiring by age. <a href="http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/about/prohibitedPracticesE.aspx">That's a big no-no.</a> The community colleges offer business law courses. I would really recommend taking one because ignorance can cost you a bundle.</blockquote>

Your are correct. We are a EOE. We are looking for anyone who can work, especially evenings/closing.

Just got back from some free yogurt. ;) I had the original tart and it was really good. One of my coworkers was raving about the Pina Colada; I'll have to try that out next time. Best of luck with the store! I'll definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

Just wanted to add that I was able to get over to the new place and it was, indeed, phenomenal.

Got to meet the owner, who was uber-cool and

The store was clean, well-lit, and the stuff is good. There were a ton of choices to select from, but I went with the mango, lychee, and raspberry combo on the tart-flavored yogurt. Write it down. Ask for the "IR2 special" when you go in. I'm vying for a spot on the wall. C'mon people!

Seriously, it was a good (healthy?) treat and I'll be over there again soon, especially since Mrs. IR2 works right around the corner!

Thx, again.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1211631486]Just wanted to add that I was able to get over to the new place and it was, indeed, phenomenal.

Got to meet the owner, who was uber-cool and

The store was clean, well-lit, and the stuff is good. There were a ton of choices to select from, but I went with the mango, lychee, and raspberry combo on the tart-flavored yogurt. Write it down. Ask for the "IR2 special" when you go in. I'm vying for a spot on the wall. C'mon people!

Seriously, it was a good (healthy?) treat and I'll be over there again soon, especially since Mrs. IR2 works right around the corner!

Thx, again.</blockquote>

Dude... not only are you a PITA on the forums, but the yogurt shop, sheesh have some decency. You should have been charged double, and the real price not the free deal, and everyone else who orders the IR2 special too. Just what the world needs, another place to see IR2's high school grad pic.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1211633374]

You should have been charged double, and the real price not the free deal, and everyone else who orders the IR2 special too</blockquote>

Damn you! That combo sounded good!

[quote author="graphrix" date=1211633374]Dude... not only are you a PITA on the forums, but the yogurt shop, sheesh have some decency. You should have been charged double, and the real price not the free deal, and everyone else who orders the IR2 special too. Just what the world needs, another place to see IR2's high school grad pic.</blockquote>

Graph, I just need you to know this:

For the sake of those thinking of food on this thread, I'm going to refrain from posting the "graphrix special" youtube clip from <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183505/">Me, Myself and Irene</a> and a certain soft-serve scene.

Back