Fresco @ Eastwood Village

I thought new builds generally drill 3 holes on the countertop by default? One for the fixture, one for the dishwasher button, and one is capped for the RO system? At least that was what was included in my home.

sleepy5136 said:
I thought new builds generally drill 3 holes on the countertop by default? One for the fixture, one for the dishwasher button, and one is capped for the RO system? At least that was what was included in my home.

I asked Soria lady and she said they wouldn't do it either. Also, a friend of mine bought Amara and it didn't come with an extra hole either.

+1 on IP not drilling an extra hole for us in kitchen countertop when we bought in Eastwood. We asked a few times.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

I asked Soria lady and she said they wouldn't do it either. Also, a friend of mine bought Amara and it didn't come with an extra hole either.
wow. weird. maybe they were being generous with my build? so weird. i still find it hard to believe. my friends new build with Shea drills 3 holes.

There should be no issues drilling into the countertop, have had it done by third parties on 3 different countertops (Tile, Quartz, and Granite) and never had an issue.  I also prefer the dishwasher button under the sink, those buttons eventually collect water and slowly seems down.  As long as you're careful with water in that area shouldn't have a problem, but it's one extra thing to be careful of when doing the dishes.

akkord said:
There should be no issues drilling into the countertop, have had it done by third parties on 3 different countertops (Tile, Quartz, and Granite) and never had an issue.  I also prefer the dishwasher button under the sink, those buttons eventually collect water and slowly seems down.  As long as you're careful with water in that area shouldn't have a problem, but it's one extra thing to be careful of when doing the dishes.
Yes it looks pretty straight forward drilling a big hole from those youtube videos but i would be very nervous doing it especially so close to the edge of the slab. I?ll leave it to the the builder contractor. If it cracks few months after for some reasons, builder cant blame me.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:
Stopped by the Fresco model homes today for upgrade ideas. I talked to a sale rep about release and appliances. Good news and bad news.

Good news: 80% they will substitute Wolf appliances instead of KA because of supply issues.  Nothing sets in stone yet.  They will send out letters if it?s official.

Here is the bad news: next phrase pricing is out and will be emailed next week. Base price will be increased 50-100k depend on the model. IP will also release the semi phrase (3 homes at a time) instead of full phrase due to labor shortage.
Semi Rlease could be just a way for the builder to gauge the market - are buyers really willing to pay the increased price, should we dial back or continue to increase prices?

And who knows - The 104 Parakeet Resale of new Fresco house may also prompted the builder to increase prices!

Looks like 104 Parakeet has been sold according to comment on youtube using google translate.
https://youtu.be/TJopvWHRbzE

Agent advertised big yard...is it really big by Irvine new build standards? looks quite tiny actually

Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:
Stopped by the Fresco model homes today for upgrade ideas. I talked to a sale rep about release and appliances. Good news and bad news.

Good news: 80% they will substitute Wolf appliances instead of KA because of supply issues.  Nothing sets in stone yet.  They will send out letters if it?s official.

Here is the bad news: next phrase pricing is out and will be emailed next week. Base price will be increased 50-100k depend on the model. IP will also release the semi phrase (3 homes at a time) instead of full phrase due to labor shortage.
Semi Rlease could be just a way for the builder to gauge the market - are buyers really willing to pay the increased price, should we dial back or continue to increase prices?

And who knows - The 104 Parakeet Resale of new Fresco house may also prompted the builder to increase prices!

Looks like 104 Parakeet has been sold according to comment on youtube using google translate.

The California Court Company said:
Agent advertised big yard...is it really big by Irvine new build standards? looks quite tiny actually

Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:

The width of one side makes the yard quite big actually. It's how Highland 2 with 7 ft to the back wall still turned into Highland 2X. The Highland 2 with the exact same distance to the back wall is 3588 sq ft lot, but the 2X is 4048 sq ft lot, almost 500 sq ft more. Only because it's wider.

CalBears96 said:
The California Court Company said:

Danimal said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:

The width of one side makes the yard quite big actually. It's how Highland 2 with 7 ft to the back wall still turned into Highland 2X. The Highland 2 with the exact same distance to the back wall is 3588 sq ft lot, but the 2X is 4048 sq ft lot, almost 500 sq ft more. Only because it's wider.

The good thing about Fresco in the earlier phases was that most lots were 4800 sqt on average , which probably is big for new homes in Irvine. The current phases have it 3900 on average, with a couple of large ones(5500-6500) at the corners(not regular shaped).

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:

Bluffs sales lady showed us the Wolf models to be swapped to, so I think it's pretty much already decided. For Bluffs, it would be starting from phase 22. We're phase 25, so we should be getting the change.

She also said that next phase, Bluffs 2 base price would increase $35k. It increased $35k from phase 24 to 25, then $20k from 25 to 26, and next one is $35k.

I wouldn?t believe it when i see the email. KA is fine but Wolf would go well with my Sub-zero fridge.  What?s interesting is that they can get Wolf appliances but not KA since my fridge is going to take at least 6 months for delivery.

I talked to Bluffs sales lady today. She told me there would be no official email or anything. She said whatever the sales reps are willing to share with buyers is coming from management, so that's as official as it gets. Basically, she shared with us the exact models of each appliance and even let my wife take pictures of the specs and model of each appliance.

For Bluffs/Highland,

Cooktop, oven, and microwave are Wolf.
Dishwasher is Asko. Surprisingly, it's not Cove.
Range hood is BEST.

CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:

Bluffs sales lady showed us the Wolf models to be swapped to, so I think it's pretty much already decided. For Bluffs, it would be starting from phase 22. We're phase 25, so we should be getting the change.

She also said that next phase, Bluffs 2 base price would increase $35k. It increased $35k from phase 24 to 25, then $20k from 25 to 26, and next one is $35k.

I wouldn?t believe it when i see the email. KA is fine but Wolf would go well with my Sub-zero fridge.  What?s interesting is that they can get Wolf appliances but not KA since my fridge is going to take at least 6 months for delivery.

I talked to Bluffs sales lady today. She told me there would be no official email or anything. She said whatever the sales reps are willing to share with buyers is coming from management, so that's as official as it gets. Basically, she shared with us the exact models of each appliance and even let my wife take pictures of the specs and model of each appliance.

For Bluffs/Highland,

Range hood is BEST.

Good to know. Do you know the model number for each?

I plan to take a walk from my home to visit the new home site this weekend. Maybe i?ll stop by the office to ask if they are not busy.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:

For Bluffs/Highland,

Range hood is BEST.

Good to know. Do you know the model number for each?

I plan to take a walk from my home to visit the new home site this weekend. Maybe i?ll stop by the office to ask if they are not busy.

I can't speak for Fresco, but for Bluffs (and probably Highland too):

Wolf 36" professional gas cooktop - 5 burners, model CG365P/S
Wolf 30" E series professional built-in single oven, model SO3050PE/S/P
Wolf 24" standard microwave oven, model MS24
Asko 24" dishwasher - pro handle, model 30 series DBI663PHS
BEST classic 10" pro-style range hood, model UP26 series

Haven't got any emails from Fresco sales office in Jan 2022 - do they stop emailing people on waitlist or they only email people on very top of the list now?

huuur said:
Haven't got any emails from Fresco sales office in Jan 2022 - do they stop emailing people on waitlist or they only email people on very top of the list now?

Have you responded back to their emails that you are still interested? If you don?t within 2 weeks, they will drop you off the list.  Last time I talked to Rep 3 weeks ago, they were releasing semi phrase 14 (3 homes only with base price 50-100k increase).

Danimal said:
huuur said:

Have you responded back to their emails that you are still interested? If you don?t within 2 weeks, they will drop you off the list.  Last time I talked to Rep 3 weeks ago, they were releasing semi phrase 14 (3 homes only with base price 50-100k increase).

I don't know how it works at Fresco, but over at Bluffs/Highland, if you don't respond to their email (to tell them that you defer) two consecutive times, you get drop from the waitlist.

I never actually got an any email for a purchase opportunity. It just so happened that someone backed out on Bluffs 2 and I cut in at the right time.  ;D

I have received emails in Dec with information about phase 13 - we replied.

But didn't receive emails for phase 14 - my guess is it is getting so hot that they only email a few people on the top of the list now

IrvineForever said:
How?s your timeline coming along?.have they been keeping their closed date or keep pushing?

So far it?s pretty much on track. They even moved the closing date a week earlier in May.

6 homes went from just concrete foundation to full frame with the roof in a matter of 3-4 weeks.

Danimal said:
IrvineForever said:
How?s your timeline coming along?.have they been keeping their closed date or keep pushing?

So far it?s pretty much on track. They even moved the closing date a week earlier in May.

6 homes went from just concrete foundation to full frame with the roof in a matter of 3-4 weeks.

IP is building too fast...watch out for quality of build. Builders want to take advantage of the market. Those so called semi releases are a way to gauge the market and increase prices on homes with a smaller batch.

Back