Fresco @ Eastwood Village

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:
Let me tell you guys a secret. Well, it's not really a secret since many people know already.

The key to get a call from them (any new homes) is that you show you are really serious about buying there. Go to the model office often. Show your face and get to know them. Show your willingness to put your money right now. Tell them you would really love to have that lot. No matter what the "wait list" numbers are, you would get a call from them sooner than you thought. They can call whoever they want to call. There is no waitlist to be honest. Believe or not, most people on the waitlist are NOT willing to proceed once they get a call so your true genuine interest and willingness to buy will count when it comes to them calling who first.

Well, I did all of that (unknowingly), actually. Once we looked at Bluffs, my wife fell in love with Portola Springs, and we really like the IP floor plans. So the next week, we decided to look at Highland and Hillside to increase our chance at Portola Springs, and I called Bluffs for another look at their models. And I told them (all 3) how much we love the IP homes. We actually love the IP floorplans. And we were telling them how anxious my wife was about not being able to get one of their homes. I guess we probably should go there a couple more times to show them how much we love their homes.  ;D

But from the tone of the sales consultants at Bluffs and Highland, they will go down the priority list for each phase. I don't know how much truth there is in that, but that's what we were told.

Also, it seems like in every phase release, the homes go quickly, so there seems to be strong interest in Bluffs and Highland homes, so I'm not sure if the tactic would work.

When you're talking with them, look at the map with lots/phases and find the one you like the most. Tell them you would love to have that lot. They don't need to hear how you love the floor plans and etc. What they want to know is how serious you are. Get specific with the lot even if that is couple phases later. Of course have all your pre-qualification, cash, and necessary paper works ready at any time. If they really felt like you've been serious, then they'll call you when that lot opens up. Right now it's a little more competitive than 2018 that Irvinhomeseeker said, so the chance might be narrower, but you at least told them specifically what you want and you've done your best. Good luck! I hope you get the home you and your wife really love.

Mety said:
When you're talking with them, look at the map with lots/phases and find the one you like the most. Tell them you would love to have that lot. They don't need to hear how you love the floor plans and etc. What they want to know is how serious you are. Get specific with the lot even if that is couple phases later. Of course have all your pre-qualification, cash, and necessary paper works ready at any time. If they really felt like you've been serious, then they'll call you when that lot opens up. Right now it's a little more competitive than 2018 that Irvinhomeseeker said, so the chance might be narrower, but you at least told them specifically what you want and you've done your best. Good luck! I hope you get the home you and your wife really love.

To even get on the priority list, you need to provide pre-approval letter and proof of funds. So I don't think that strategy works anymore. The lists really are long nowadays.

For example, Toll Brother's The Meadows had been processing over 3000 online applications.

Well, I told you what I know. I may be right or I may be wrong. The decision is up to you. Good luck.

I'm just saying that situation changed. Pretty much everyone on the priority list is serious, which is why the homes are sold within days of release.

Basically, what the lady at Bluffs told me is this. She would put the people on the list (based on date added to the list) into groups of 10. She would email the release information to the first or two groups. She would give them a couple of days to consider the price and lot. Then she would call them, from top down, and she would give them a few minutes to make the decision to go ahead or not. If not, she'd go to the next one on the list.

The lady at Highland does things differently.

CalBears96 said:
I'm just saying that situation changed. Pretty much everyone on the priority list is serious, which is why the homes are sold within days of release.

Basically, what the lady at Bluffs told me is this. She would put the people on the list (based on date added to the list) into groups of 10. She would email the release information to the first or two groups. She would give them a couple of days to consider the price and lot. Then she would call them, from top down, and she would give them a few minutes to make the decision to go ahead or not. If not, she'd go to the next one on the list.

Lady at Highland....used to be at Piedmont EW before...I don't like how she treats clients, just my opinion. Fresco sales people are much better.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:

Lady at Highland....used to be at Piedmont EW before...I don't like how she treats clients, just my opinion. Fresco sales people are much better.

Cheryl Holthaus? Well, she wasn't very responsive to my emails asking for price sheet and site map. At least, the lady at Bluffs responded to every email I sent.

+1 for Sales lady @ Highlands! She is very quirky, works now when demand is high but someday she should not be in frontline sales.

She is also very hesitant to share and details about list and releases, just get on the priority list with preapproval and proof of funds! Feel the frustration of folks looking to buy right now. I have heard that some folks who are on list is passing it to their family or friends, not sure how much truth is to that. I hate that the list is not transparent!!

abhinata said:
+1 for Sales lady @ Highlands! She is very quirky, works now when demand is high but someday she should not be in frontline sales.

She is also very hesitant to share and details about list and releases, just get on the priority list with preapproval and proof of funds! Feel the frustration of folks looking to buy right now. I have heard that some folks who are on list is passing it to their family or friends, not sure how much truth is to that. I hate that the list is not transparent!!

I'm already on the priority list. Provided her pre-approval letter and proof of funds. When I talked to her at the sales office, she said she would share the price sheet and site map with everyone on the priority list after they had been claimed. I was expected the latest release to have all been claimed, but she still didn't respond to my email.

I don't like that the list isn't transparent either, but I guess they can't really share customer data.

CalBears96 said:
abhinata said:

I'm already on the priority list. Provided her pre-approval letter and proof of funds. When I talked to her at the sales office, she said she would share the price sheet and site map with everyone on the priority list after they had been claimed. I was expected the latest release to have all been claimed, but she still didn't respond to my email.

I don't like that the list isn't transparent either, but I guess they can't really share customer data.

I think I can reconcile between your account of events and Met?s. Basically, the sales office will honor the priority list, however, these lists have a way of getting very long with time and outdated. Internally, they will have to update their list based on how engaged the prospective buyer is. If they don?t hear from you for a long time, or you don?t reply to their release emails regularly with your lot preferences they will assume you are either not interested or you have moved on. In which case, the more engaged buyer will move up the list and get called on quicker. So, the priority list is respected but it is also dynamic. Having said that, it?s also true like you said, that at this time, almost everyone on the list is active and engaged.

affluent said:
Is Fresco Eastwood hard to get compared to Fresco Orchard hills? I just joined the wait list.

When I last checked a few weeks ago, you could directly reserve an OH lot right now but there's a waitlist for EW. I don't know if that changed since then.

Yousr said:
I think I can reconcile between your account of events and Met?s. Basically, the sales office will honor the priority list, however, these lists have a way of getting very long with time and outdated. Internally, they will have to update their list based on how engaged the prospective buyer is. If they don?t hear from you for a long time, or you don?t reply to their release emails regularly with your lot preferences they will assume you are either not interested or you have moved on. In which case, the more engaged buyer will move up the list and get called on quicker. So, the priority list is respected but it is also dynamic. Having said that, it?s also true like you said, that at this time, almost everyone on the list is active and engaged.

I'm trying my best to stay engaged. We're planning to go to see the models again and talk to her next weekend. She's hoping to release a new phase next weekend, so maybe it'll help us for the phase after that.

But she did say before that the people on the priority don't lose their spot even if they keep deferring on each phase release. The only ways they would lose their spot is if (1) they ask to be removed from the list, (2) the amount of loan they're approved for is lower than the home price and they don't update the pre-approval, or (3) they don't respond to email/call when a new phase is release.

We have been on priority list since August. There is a long waiting list for the last 50 homes. We are not even sure if it?ll get to our turn.

Does anyone have any idea the current wait time after being on the lost? TIA

We were finally able to put a deposit for 3x plus with 4k lot. Phrase 13 is releasing next week. I am surprised that it was already our turn. If you are on the waiting list after august, your turn should be up pretty soon.

Danimal said:
We were finally able to put a deposit for 3x plus with 4k lot. Phrase 13 is releasing next week. I am surprised that it was already our turn. If you are on the waiting list after august, your turn should be up pretty soon.
Congrats!
When I visited Sales last week they were telling me that the list has gotten so long that they may have to stop taking in new folks.  If you are well qualified and express genuine interest, you may get called much earlier than you think.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Danimal said:
Congrats!
When I visited Sales last week they were telling me that the list has gotten so long that they may have to stop taking in new folks.  If you are well qualified and express genuine interest, you may get called much earlier than you think.

That's because inventory levels are super low right now...less than 100 homes for sale in Irvine which is totally nuts.

What really crazy is that they only allowed 1 hour for us to respond to their offer. We got an email sent at 11:30 asking if we were interested and if they didnt hear from us by 12:30, they would move to the next buyer on the list.  We are talking about $2 million home purchase here and only 1 hour to decide.  It?s freaken nut and only in Irvine.

Danimal said:
What really crazy is that they only allowed 1 hour for us to respond to their offer. We got an email sent at 11:30 asking if we were interested and if they didnt hear from us by 12:30, they would move to the next buyer on the list.  We are talking about $2 million home purchase here and only 1 hour to decide.  It?s freaken nut and only in Irvine.

When we bought a house in Irvine in 1998 we were giving two minutes. People were in the sales office. When your name came up, you had to choose a lot. If you weren't ready you lost your spot.

Danimal said:

The way Bluffs at PS works is that she'll send out an email to her first group of 10 people with the lot information, etc., a day in advance, to allow you to discuss among yourselves. Then, she starts calling people from her list and you have to respond right away. And you get an hour or so to make the deposit to reserve the home.

Ready2Downsize said:
Danimal said:

When we bought a house in Irvine in 1998 we were giving two minutes. People were in the sales office. When your name came up, you had to choose a lot. If you weren't ready you lost your spot.

Funny how time has changed.  When i bought my place in Woodbury 12 years ago after financial crisis(2009), builder even offered me 50k for upgrades and there was not even a single soul on the list.

I was surprised that the corner lot was offered to me @ Eastwood this late of the game. It was a no brainer for me to pull the trigger.

Back