Fred Sands to Realtors: Go back to what you were doing before

<p>"California is waiting to hear on a $9 million federal retraining grant after 6,000 people lost their jobs in the housing industry since September." - from above article</p>

<p>Sure, let's spend $1,500 on every realtor to "retrain" them. To do what?! What a joke.</p>

<p>They can wait for a long time, but that grant won't be approved for realtors. Maybe for people in construction or mortgage but realtors are self employed and thus not eligible for unemployement or retraining.</p>

<p>Keep waiting......</p>

<p>Prestige? Who cares about that, it all comes down to being happy and content with life.</p>

<p>I know many Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmacists who frankly hate their jobs/professions. </p>

<p>It is all about making the money to support your dream lifestyle, who cares what others think. </p>

<p>Just my .02.</p>

<p><a title="Permanent Link: O.C. real estate commissions off 42% in 2 years" rel="bookmark" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2008/03/26/2201/">O.C. real estate commissions off 42% in 2 years</a></p>

<p><a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2008/03/26/2201/">http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2008/03/26/2201/</a></p>

This realtor, Sam Fard, is a super nice guy, but you can bet dollars to donuts that I will neither hire him nor recommend him as an agent after receiving the following email. Yech! Why do they treat us like we are stupid?
l<p>

Hi

Just wanted to inform you that there are a lot of people walking into the open houses these days, and buying nice properties at a very good price.
Please don't miss this great opportunity by sitting on the side line and letting this precious time passes you by.

Let me know what you are interested please, and I will send you the information right away, so we could take advantage of this time before it is too late.

Looking forward to finding you your dream home soon.

Sincerely:

Sam Fard / Lee Ann Canaday Group

[quote author="awgee" date=1213696967]This realtor, Sam Fard, is a super nice guy, but you can bet dollars to donuts that I will neither hire him nor recommend him as an agent after receiving the following email. Yech! Why do they treat us like we are stupid?

Hi

Just wanted to inform you that there are a lot of people walking into the open houses these days, and buying nice properties at a very good price. Please don't miss this great opportunity by sitting on the side line and letting this precious time passes you by.

Let me know what you are interested please, and I will send you the information right away, so we could take advantage of this time before it is too late.

Looking forward to finding you your dream home soon.

Sincerely:

Sam Fard / Lee Ann Canaday Group</blockquote>

Does anyone know what Lee Ann Canaday's husband does for a living? Lets just put it this way... she and her "group" need to sell homes. You need someone to make up for the loses.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1201293329]I dont understand how accountants get such a bad rep, id like to think my CPA license has some prestige, although i myself do discriminate against other CPAs, to me you are only a real CPA if you have a big four background. I know there was Enron, MCI, Healthsouth, etc, but it is very difficult to find fraud with current audit methodoligies if management wants to conceal it.</blockquote>

My better half is a CPA, and I joke about it all the time...

An attorney needed to make a case about what 2 + 2 equals. So this attorney brings in expert witnesses, a mathematician, an econ professor, and a CPA. He asks the mathematician what is 2 + 2, she smirks and says, "without a doubt absolutely 4." He asks the same question to the economy professor, "given supply and demand and accounting for inflation, roughly 4." Then he asks the CPA, what is 2 + 2? The CPA closes the door, sits down close to the attorney and says softly, what do you want it to be?

Ex-realtor: "They aren't making any more secure, off-grid mountain retreats you know..."

Hard times have some flirting with survivalism

Economic angst has Americans stockpiling 'beans, bullets and Band-Aids?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27244465/

Buoyed by an industry that flourishes when others languish, his site also is attracting record advertising revenue. The offerings include ?secure, off-grid? mountain retreats, firearms training, home schooling aids, gold, freeze-dried food and water filtration systems.

[quote author="Bubblegum" date=1213793425][quote author="qwerty" date=1201293329]I dont understand how accountants get such a bad rep, id like to think my CPA license has some prestige, although i myself do discriminate against other CPAs, to me you are only a real CPA if you have a big four background. I know there was Enron, MCI, Healthsouth, etc, but it is very difficult to find fraud with current audit methodoligies if management wants to conceal it.</blockquote>

An attorney needed to make a case about what 2 + 2 equals. So this attorney brings in expert witnesses, a mathematician, an econ professor, and a CPA. He asks the mathematician what is 2 + 2, she smirks and says, "without a doubt absolutely 4." He asks the same question to the economy professor, "given supply and demand and accounting for inflation, roughly 4." Then he asks the CPA, what is 2 + 2? The CPA closes the door, sits down close to the attorney and says softly, what do you want it to be?</blockquote>

That?s hilarious and I totally agree!

I?m going to share that with our guy at Haskell & White.

Before I show him the numbers.

[quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1224654178]awgee

Come on dude-you know it is always a good time to buy!

enjoy</blockquote>

There is always a bull market somewhere in some asset.

awgee

Spoken like a true numbers guy.

Did you ever find that Fiat Jolly? They may have come down in price recently since rich guys used them on their estates and private islands.

enjoy

[quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1224656190]awgee

Spoken like a true numbers guy.

Did you ever find that Fiat Jolly? They may have come down in price recently since rich guys used them on their estates and private islands.

enjoy</blockquote>

We are waiting until after we purchase our home, with a large garage. There is a gorgeous jolly for sale on ebay right now. And it is on Balboa Island.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1224651629][quote author="Bubblegum" date=1213793425][quote author="qwerty" date=1201293329]I dont understand how accountants get such a bad rep, id like to think my CPA license has some prestige, although i myself do discriminate against other CPAs, to me you are only a real CPA if you have a big four background. I know there was Enron, MCI, Healthsouth, etc, but it is very difficult to find fraud with current audit methodoligies if management wants to conceal it.</blockquote>

An attorney needed to make a case about what 2 + 2 equals. So this attorney brings in expert witnesses, a mathematician, an econ professor, and a CPA. He asks the mathematician what is 2 + 2, she smirks and says, "without a doubt absolutely 4." He asks the same question to the economy professor, "given supply and demand and accounting for inflation, roughly 4." Then he asks the CPA, what is 2 + 2? The CPA closes the door, sits down close to the attorney and says softly, what do you want it to be?</blockquote>

That?s hilarious and I totally agree!

I?m going to share that with our guy at Haskell & White.

Before I show him the numbers.</blockquote>

haha. If it works I want him to do my own taxes for next year. ;-)

O.C. home-sale revenue fell $2 billion in 2008

<A href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/25/home-sale-revenues-fell-13-in-08/12314/">http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/25/home-sale-revenues-fell-13-in-08/12314/</A>

Back