Franchises

I mean to start a YMCA after school care.  The boy & girls club in woodbrigde only serves several schools.  I think there is  a huge demand for after school care at a reasonable price,  as Irvine CDC charges ridiculous amount of after school care.  The only problem for a YMCA after school care might be not-for-profit???  not sure.

irvinehomeowner said:
gld2 said:
How about YMCA after school care in Irvine?
Not sure if you're saying that I should start a YMCA.

There is already a Boy&Girls Club in Woodbridge.

After looking at the franchising fees for Kumon, while reasonable, the physical location requirements for an expensive area such as Irvine are killer... and Kumon requires a 3-year lease minimum. Additionally... the training is out in New Jersey... no Skype?

We've thought about that... not sure what type of licensing you need for after school care... I think it's more stringent than just running a educational supplement facility.

Is there some YMCA licensing program?

gld2 said:
Thanks for the link.

I read the information and I'm not exactly sure what would be needed to start one in Irvine. Seems like it requires cooperation from the IUSD and the school and from what I can tell, since most of the schools already have contracts with after school care programs (who actually have an onsite facility), it may not be possible.

FCBs do not trust the academic ability of Math Monkeys, Sylvan and Kumons. Their Harvard bound prodigy deserves the very best. Start your own brand and make sure the signage has both English and Chinese or Korean. Don't use the Computer for lame translation. Make sure the Chinese or Korean writing has the Confucius poetic flavor. Participate in the Chinese or Korean mommy gossip circle. The local church is a good start. Piggy back the advertising strategy with the local established music teaching facilities or private teachers by offering tax write off donations to the teachers music recitals or competition in return for some word of mouth favors. Sponsor the local high school ethnic clubs such as Chinese, Korean and Indian. These are the demographic. No need to target the White population. Display flyers at authentic Chinese and Korean restaurants. It is even better to exclude English in the text. Niche marketing appeals to their psyche.

Make sure to include the exact text books that the local Irvine schools are using. It is even better if the leaning facilities acquire homework samples from the AP teachers.

irvinehomeshopper said:
FCBs do not trust the academic ability of Math Monkeys, Sylvan and Kumons. Their Harvard bound prodigy deserves the very best. Start your own brand and make sure the signage has both English and Chinese or Korean. Don't use the Computer for lame translation. Make sure the Chinese or Korean writing has the Confucius poetic flavor. Participate in the Chinese or Korean mommy gossip circle. The local church is a good start. Piggy back the advertising strategy with the local established music teaching facilities or private teachers by offering tax write off donations to the teachers music recitals or competition in return for some word of mouth favors. Sponsor the local high school ethnic clubs such as Chinese, Korean and Indian. These are the demographic. No need to target the White population. Display flyers at authentic Chinese and Korean restaurants. It is even better to exclude English in the text. Niche marketing appeals to their psyche.
This is probably the best marketing advice for Irvine that you won't learn at any Training Seminar in New Jersey.

I should also make sure I get an 888 phone number. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
gld2 said:
Thanks for the link.

I read the information and I'm not exactly sure what would be needed to start one in Irvine. Seems like it requires cooperation from the IUSD and the school and from what I can tell, since most of the schools already have contracts with after school care programs (who actually have an onsite facility), it may not be possible.

Some cities - Mission Viejo and Lake Forest, for example - are now offering FREE after school child care in a recreational program setting. Granted, this is only on school days and not furlough or vacation days such as the existing after school care programs offer, but still. I thought that was quite something. If you did something like that, you might be competing with free, and that's hard to beat.

Wow,  who is offering FREE afterschool care?  I doubt it will happen in Irvine :'(

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
gld2 said:
Thanks for the link.

Some cities - Mission Viejo and Lake Forest, for example - are now offering FREE after school child care in a recreational program setting. Granted, this is only on school days and not furlough or vacation days such as the existing after school care programs offer, but still. I thought that was quite something. If you did something like that, you might be competing with free, and that's hard to beat.

Attachments

• LF_KF_Flyer_2012-2013 (3).pdf
    668.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Kf_Flyer_2012-_Temp (1).pdf
    195.1 KB · Views: 145
We should move to South County!!!!  Irvine is totally a Rip-off!!!!  I regret  we didn't buy a house in LF or MS.

I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not.  :) In all honesty, I'm really glad I left Irvine and moved here. We love it.

This is sarcasm:

How is the weather? How many Korean stores are there?

This is honesty:

I wish IUSD and City of Irvine sponsored a Kids Factory program.

irvinehomeowner said:
This is honesty:

But if they don't and never will, you still would not move to South OC.  :)

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
This is honesty:

But if they don't and never will, you still would not move to South OC.  :)
You never know... what if I open a franchise there? And there are a ton of 3CWGs in South County. :)

Not sarcastic.  We were waiting for a house in Portola Hills to be put on market,  it took so long that we gave it up.  :'(

SoCal said:
I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not.  :) In all honesty, I'm really glad I left Irvine and moved here. We love it.

There is a Franchise Expo going on Anaheim Convention Center right now... Oct 12 to Oct 14.

KFWB 980am is doing live coverage today.

We'll probably check it out this weekend.

CZ and I were talking about going to that together. OC Reg ran an article on it. Only thing is there will be fees around $100 per presentation / workshop or whatever they promote it as.

The exhibits area is only $10... they used to be $5 before 10/11 and free if you had a promo code but we didn't know there was a deadline.

Back