Flip or Flop

Question for those who view the show. Do you plan to keep watching now that they are just business partners?

I read comments online that although Tarek and Christina have every intention of keeping this show going, some viewers say they feel unhappy about the split and thinks it puts a damper on the show.

It was just revealed Tarek battled not only thyroid cancer but also testicular cancer immediately after that. Poor guy. He's certainly been through a lot. I hope he stays well.

Btw, it's unfathomable to me that Christina did not stand by his side after he overcame cancer... TWICE. You would think she would be so relieved to have dodged those bullets and so grateful to have this new lease on life. Guess not. For a lot of people, life-threatening things certainly put your priorities in order. He even said, he thought he really was going to die.

They went through infertility and tried hard to create a second child. Now they're just going to throw it all away... TRY HARDER. :mad: I never was a viewer but I wouldn't watch now. This stuff angers me. In the articles I read recently, she seems happy and relieved to have broken up, saying that "It felt like a weight was lifted off of me." While the new situation is a "breeze" for her (how tacky), it sounds like it's not as easy for him. The guy has already been through so much and now he's losing him family, too. Who knows, maybe he is just as much to blame but why do I get the feeling this was mostly her choice. Not trying to get into a debate here, I just needed to vent. I hate divorce. Now she's trying to make a dime by selling a new book all about it.

qwerty said:
Life is too short to be unhappy. Nothing wrong with divorce

My sentiments exactly. Although when you share children you have an obligation to at least try to get back to that "happy" place with your spouse. And if that fails and you gave it your best shot - your happiness always trumps.
I just saw Cristina on Good Morning America and she seemed happy as a clam. No troubles, everything is just so wonderful and the kids are so happy and it was ALL sunshine and rainbows. I doubt her soon to be Ex feels the same. It kind of came off very "fake" happy though.

Paris said:
It kind of came off very "fake" happy though.
So you're saying a skinny woman with big boobs, a flat tummy (after 2 kids), bleached-blonde hair, an orange tan, and 1" eyelashes came off as fake?  Zounds.

daedalus said:
Paris said:
It kind of came off very "fake" happy though.
So you're saying a skinny woman with big boobs, a flat tummy (after 2 kids), bleached-blonde hair, an orange tan, and 1" eyelashes came off as fake?  Zounds.

Lol, didn't think of it that way. Sounds about right. Very "typical" OC.

So I've been watching the latest season of Flip or Flop.

It's interesting because the later episodes, their intro recognizes their messy breakup and even one episode got into how their situation makes it hard for them to work together.

But seeing as they are still able to do this in Orange County... how hard is it to do what they do?

If you have the capital and the time, it seems like you can make money on almost any "bad" home you buy as long as you give it a reasonable update. In many cases, it's just redoing flooring, remodeling kitchen/baths, paint and landscaping. In the episodes I've seen this season, they went over budget, listed above comps and still got above listing to make at least $50k per home... why isn't BTB getting on that ROI train?

irvinehomeowner said:
So I've been watching the latest season of Flip or Flop.

It's interesting because the later episodes, their intro recognizes their messy breakup and even one episode got into how their situation makes it hard for them to work together.

But seeing as they are still able to do this in Orange County... how hard is it to do what they do?

If you have the capital and the time, it seems like you can make money on almost any "bad" home you buy as long as you give it a reasonable update. In many cases, it's just redoing flooring, remodeling kitchen/baths, paint and landscaping. In the episodes I've seen this season, they went over budget, listed above comps and still got above listing to make at least $50k per home... why isn't BTB getting on that ROI train?

it's very formulaic for them since they've been doing it for so long and the fact they've been doing it in an upward trending market makes it very hard to flop. 

Back