Fed lowers rates

<p>Bernanke is taking out an insurance policy by cutting 1/2 point, which is not the majority expectation. Also, did you all realize this is a unaimous vote? It is just very easy to second guess someone. </p>

<p>So what is the right thing to do for the country in your opinion? Let me guess, let the recession start, more job loses, so some renters can buy the house on the cheap. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

Do you actually think that the 30 stocks included in the DOW are worth that much more today than they were yesterday? They were more than likely already overvalued due to the previous run-up in the last few days

<p>Just for your information, oil price largely driven by the demand espeically in China and India. Not by the US Feds. </p>

<p>I said oil price largely driven by demand ( ie China), not ALL driven by demand. There are other factors. But just becausing Fed lowered half point or even one point, oil is not going to jump to $100. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I can't believe Poole and Mishkin voted for 50bps. I need to re-read Mishkin's report for the Jackson Hole conference.</p>

<p>Yea! My HELOC dropped by 50bps that saves me $17 a month in interest but now it will cost me $30 more a month for gas. So how does this help me again????????</p>

<p>Blue - Go knock your co-worker over the head with a chair please. I can't believe someone can be that ignorant.</p>

<p>Irvinecommuter, understand dollar will depreciate after fed lowing rate....that is the down side of lowing the rate....I am saying there are many factors....it is always a balancing act...</p>

Here are a few tidbits from "industry experts"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/20834638

Irvine123....yes oil is driven by demand thus if you cut interest rates that means the FED is trying to fuel growth. In the last 2wks oil has jumped from the mid to low 70s to over 80 dollars / barrel. I think I am going to have to agree with the GS Economist who believe oil will be hitting $85 maybe $90 / barrel come this winter.

50 basis point cut is nice...but it will not save all the FB's (f--ked borrowers).

Actually need RE appreciation to refi ... I've said it for a year now..doesn't matter if the Fed raise or cut rates...you're "F" unless your home goes up 10% annually

<p>I don't believe the rate cut will save most of the borrowers...most of the house will still go to foreclosure...little impact on no of the foreclosures that will come onto the market. </p>

<p>Does the rate cut mostly help the high end home buyers? </p>

Back