FCB becoming less and less?

I wonder if I can buy one of those abandoned cities.. like the one that looks like Paris.  Then make myself mayor?

Irvinecommuter said:
Yup...the US is Chinese FCB's escape hatch.  Doing business in China is a seriously unpredictable proposition.  Government can seize your property/factories at any given moment.  Your connections with the CCP can vanish in a second.  There is no legal/judicial recourse and intellectual property protection is a pipe dream. 

The rich in China have no delusions about the Chinese economy.  They are basically in gold rush mode.  Get as much money as they can in as short of time as possible.  Stash as much of it outside of China as possible and then bail on China if thing go bad.

Then again look what is happening to the Russian oligarchs. If China and the US get into a pissing match over Taiwan, NKorea, or some tiny islands in the Pacific, then Chinese owned assets in the US won't seem so secure anymore.

iacrenter said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Yup...the US is Chinese FCB's escape hatch.  Doing business in China is a seriously unpredictable proposition.  Government can seize your property/factories at any given moment.  Your connections with the CCP can vanish in a second.  There is no legal/judicial recourse and intellectual property protection is a pipe dream. 

The rich in China have no delusions about the Chinese economy.  They are basically in gold rush mode.  Get as much money as they can in as short of time as possible.  Stash as much of it outside of China as possible and then bail on China if thing go bad.

Then again look what is happening to the Russian oligarchs. If China and the US get into a pissing match over Taiwan, NKorea, or some tiny islands in the Pacific, then Chinese owned assets in the US won't seem so secure anymore.

Completely different scenario...US won't freeze Chinese assets.  US hasn't frozen Russian assets (just those of some former Ukranian officials). 

jmoney74 said:
I wonder if I can buy one of those abandoned cities.. like the one that looks like Paris.  Then make myself mayor?

You mean the ghost town like this one? 

Attachments

• Ghost Town - China1.png
    Ghost Town - China1.png
    600.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Ghost Town - China2.png
    Ghost Town - China2.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 151
yup that's it.. I want to be mayor of the town... but not live there.

It's funny when you think about it.

We use our excess capital and resources to build this
807_m1a1_abrams_dkblaycover560.png

and then give it to other countries as "foreign aid"

While China uses their excess capital to build this
02china11.jpg

I wonder which one is a better use of resources.

zubs said:

China uses plenty of their excess resource on the military and arms (which are sold to other countries).

SammyD 11 hours ago 0 2
Hong Konger here... my apartment went from US $2.5 million to over $5 million.

You guys really have no idea what you're talking about. We're not in Arizone or Miami where there is a ton of land to build.

There is so little land here in HK, and so many rich mainlanders, there will never be a real bubble... the minute property values truly go down, I'm buying because it's a given prices will go back up again.
Collapse Replies (4) Reply

aquabliss said:
thevine said:

Is it just me, or does Tom Chow look white with half asian kids?  Maybe he took his wife's last name?

he looks Chinese to me. most likely a hong kongnese

There will be a sudden influx of Chinese FCB coming our way in OC.  Avoid South Cost Plaza until June 2 if you wants to avoid them.

The Orange County Visitors Association (OCVA) and the Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau (AOCVCB) announced that Orange County (known worldwide as ?The OC?) will host Perfect (China) Co., Ltd this May. This international conference represents the largest singular group meeting from China to ever visit the United States.

The Perfect (China) Co., Ltd conference will hold this 7,000-person meeting of top-tier direct marketing professionals from May 19 to June 2, 2014. During this time, attendees will have an opportunity to experience Orange County?s beaches, shopping and other tourism attractions

CITS estimates that $85 million dollars will be generated in the Anaheim /Orange County area as a result of this international group event.
http://press.anaheimoc.org/press-re...st-chinese-mice-group-coming-orange-county-ca

For their week-long visit, the group has settled into 26 hotels across L.A. and taken up some 160 tour buses for sightseeing. The tourists are reportedly dropping a daily average of 2,500 USD each, four times the average for Chinese tourists.
http://shanghaiist.com/2014/05/29/7000-strong-chinese-tourist-group-takes-over-la.php

807_m1a1_abrams_dkblaycover560.png

02china11.jpg

Back in 2014 I wrote this.

It's now 9 years later and it looks like:
spending money on military equipment > spending money building homes.

As China has more homes than their 1.4 billion people can live in and their economy is going to shit.

If I hit "like" on that picture you know my social credit score is going down...better not touch it.
I wonder if I can still buy a train ticket in China. Not after I posted that pic.

Back