Faux Wood Blinds

For my case i waited around 5 weeks but it's a seasonal thing depends on how busy they are though , but you may ask him for temporary shades while waiting , it worth the wait  :) . You may want to check with him , here is his phone number : ( 951 ) 515-1031

Just an update on our experience with Tim/Express Blinds: The number on his invoice is now disconnected. He answers my phone calls just to hang on me.

We had him install all of our wood shutters for about $13/sq ft. We dealt with him over the course of about 3-4 months because he never came when he said he was going to and I had to continuously follow up with him and feed him referrals to encourage him to respond. We went with the widest shutters and some of them get caught on the window handle. He only came when he was working on a neighbor's windows. After coming back and forth, he finally brought back the pieces he took to replace, but they still aren't right. I was about to just let it go, but then someone came knocking on my door and asked to show them our shutters. I said yes because I thought maybe I can get this guy to fix it. After his customers left, he said that Tim no longer does shutters and he's taken over the business but now it's called Shutters & Blinds Co. Henry, the new sales guys, said he would fix it but of course I have yet to get a response and it's been about 4 weeks since I saw him. I asked my neighbor about Tim and apparently he is still in business and now working on solar panels.

I don't know if the companies are related or if I'm just an isolated incident but I'd thought I'd share for prospective shoppers.

I was just about to post to ask about Tim.  His service seems to have fallen off the cliff lately.  I have an open order with him that he asked to be paid in full in advance.  He's late on the order, I hope I don't get screwed...

enilorac said:
Just an update on our experience with Tim/Express Blinds: The number on his invoice is now disconnected. He answers my phone calls just to hang on me.

We had him install all of our wood shutters for about $13/sq ft. We dealt with him over the course of about 3-4 months because he never came when he said he was going to and I had to continuously follow up with him and feed him referrals to encourage him to respond. We went with the widest shutters and some of them get caught on the window handle. He only came when he was working on a neighbor's windows. After coming back and forth, he finally brought back the pieces he took to replace, but they still aren't right. I was about to just let it go, but then someone came knocking on my door and asked to show them our shutters. I said yes because I thought maybe I can get this guy to fix it. After his customers left, he said that Tim no longer does shutters and he's taken over the business but now it's called Shutters & Blinds Co. Henry, the new sales guys, said he would fix it but of course I have yet to get a response and it's been about 4 weeks since I saw him. I asked my neighbor about Tim and apparently he is still in business and now working on solar panels.

I don't know if the companies are related or if I'm just an isolated incident but I'd thought I'd share for prospective shoppers.

thanks for the update and sorry to hear about your experience - i was going to go with Tim as well. I better start looking for someone new - if anyone has any referrals let me know.

Wow, it's unfortunate to hear that Tim's service level has dropped off so much.  I'm gonna give him a call to try to find out what is going on because that's unacceptable.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, it's unfortunate to hear that Tim's service level has dropped off so much.  I'm gonna give him a call to try to find out what is going on because that's unacceptable.

I was also going to have Tim do both my homes but heard from another friend of mine his service sucked after the change. 

His service was a good price though.

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I was also going to have Tim do both my homes but heard from another friend of mine his service sucked after the change. 

His service was a good price though.
Seems like things have dropped off a cliff in terms of service since the change, I'm really disappointed because he did a good job for many of my clients (as well as my shutters).  Looks like I'll need to find another good shutter guy.

got a quote for 38 windows - all shutters, 3.5 inch wood or polycore for just over 10K - this was our first estimate.

what do you guys think? too high? sounds about right?

I don't know what I'm more shocked by: the cost or the 38 windows. I had no idea they were so expensive. I have a 4 bedroom house with plantation shutters throughout and it still only amounts to 8 covered windows if I'm counting correctly - granted, some are quite large. You must have an absolutely palatial home.

Does this include hidden tilt bar?  Top/bottom split opening?  How many sq ft total?  Shutters from Tim Lou came out to about 15.00/sq ft with hidden tilt (they call it ClearVue) and top/bottom split. 

Tim opened up his own business and have been having issues with his contractors flaking on him.  The contractors he used for his shutters seemed okay, they were on time, and seemed to know what they were doing.  The contractor for roller shades is another story...I still have half of my shades not up yet 2.5 weeks after the shades were delivered to my house.  Tim is now doing the install himself for my house and seems to be making a good effort to make sure I'm a satisfied customer.

SoCal said:
I don't know what I'm more shocked by: the cost or the 38 windows. I had no idea they were so expensive. I have a 4 bedroom house with plantation shutters throughout and it still only amounts to 8 covered windows if I'm counting correctly - granted, some are quite large. You must have an absolutely palatial home.

3,000 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 4.5 baths - not quite palatial (unfortunately).

qwerty said:
SoCal said:

3,000 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 4.5 baths - not quite palatial (unfortunately).

Sounds about right. 15 windows in my 3 bed/2.5 bath (+2 in stairwell) SoCal, you sure there are only 8?

gaogi said:
Does this include hidden tilt bar?  Top/bottom split opening?  How many sq ft total?  Shutters from Tim Lou came out to about 15.00/sq ft with hidden tilt (they call it ClearVue) and top/bottom split. 

Tim opened up his own business and have been having issues with his contractors flaking on him.  The contractors he used for his shutters seemed okay, they were on time, and seemed to know what they were doing.  The contractor for roller shades is another story...I still have half of my shades not up yet 2.5 weeks after the shades were delivered to my house.  Tim is now doing the install himself for my house and seems to be making a good effort to make sure I'm a satisfied customer.

my wife sent me the high level info via email - ill check tonite to see what it includes.

Back