Faux Wood Blinds

rimrattler6

Does anyone have any good recommendations / referrals to a blinds/shutters company that serves the OC and/or Yorba Linda? I'm looking to get about 33-35 windows covered. Wanted to get a few quotes. But i'm always concerned about service and quality, so referrals are what I prefer.

Thanks!

rimrattler6 said:
Does anyone have any good recommendations / referrals to a blinds/shutters company that serves the OC and/or Yorba Linda? I'm looking to get about 33-35 windows covered. Wanted to get a few quotes. But i'm always concerned about service and quality, so referrals are what I prefer.

Thanks!
Here's a referral that a few of my buyers used with good success...

Express Blinds. The sales rep's name is Tim Lou. His cell # 951-515-1031. They also have a website:http://expressblindsinc.com/

Thanks USC! What's your first name so I can give you credit for the referral? =)

Anyone have any experience with those online vendors like blinds.com, etc.? Are there significant savings? Are they difficult to install yourself?

rimrattler6 said:
Thanks USC! What's your first name so I can give you credit for the referral? =)

Anyone have any experience with those online vendors like blinds.com, etc.? Are there significant savings? Are they difficult to install yourself?

Yo lucky day that I started posting on this site. I got a cousin that does blinds, and he can order extra blinds on his other jobs to give you a great price. You said 33-36 windows right? He gonna probably need 2 weeks to order the extras to charge the other jobs but will come up with a price shortly thereafter...think 3 dimes.

While you're rattling rims in irvine, you can probably find enough coins up there to buy yourself an angieslist subsciption.

rimrattler6 said:

You can use my name...Martin or one of my buyer's name...Alex. 

I purchased wood shutters from www.blinds.com and my dad installed them.  It is not too difficult to install but it is a 2 man job and you better get the measurements right.

USCTrojanCPA said:
rimrattler6 said:

You can use my name...Martin or one of my buyer's name...Alex. 

I purchased wood shutters from www.blinds.com and my dad installed them.  It is not too difficult to install but it is a 2 man job and you better get the measurements right.

I got mine from Lowe's and installed it myself.  I'm not the handy type and it did take me awhile but I havent had any problems.. going on 5 years already, used the faux wood Bali brands...  just noticed Home Depot has a sale on slickdeals..
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/625...-9-designview-from-15-designview-premium-from

http://www.homedepot.com/Featured-Products-Overstock-Event-Blinds-Window-Treatments-Overstock/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbzft/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&searchNav=true

firsttimer said:
what are the pros and cons on faux wood vs. real wood?
Weight, durability, and waterproof(ness?).

For weight, windows of wider width, wood may be too heavy (although that might be the other way around)

For durability, some faux products last longer than wood.

For waterproof(ness), you can put faux blinds in high-moisture areas like bathrooms and behind kitchen sinks.

Real wood blind the paint will flake whereas the fake has integral color through out the slats. Wood is lighter than the fake so raising the blind is easier. Fake will sag due to long span where wood has structural integrity. Fake is easier to clean with water when dusty. Wood's enemy is moisture.

Why have windows when they are covered up with blinds.

personally, I like polywood shutters.  i have them throughout on the current home and they are wonderful.  My blinds are 11 years old and they are as white as the first day they were installed.  cleaning is easy - wipe with a wet sponge.  they are not cheap, but given their condition 11 years later, are well worth the money.  No structural issues, no sagging, nothing.  the mechanism (dont know what is called) in the middle that allows you to move the shutters up and down is still tight and function as well as the first day i got them.  i'll have to dig up our shutter people we used, but plan to do the same polywood in a new home.  only difference is i will go with more of a cased/boxed frame and will use wider louvers (i have 4" now).     

Hey Doc, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price per sq.ft on those shutters?  I'm shopping around for some :)

Hi homer_simpson , he gave me a very good deal since i did the whole house , it should be $16 :) but ended up around $13 . Keep in mind that he is from direct factory and  so his shutters are made in USA ( i visited his factory in Pomona , CA ) , do not be confused with products that made in overseas and shipped over . 

Dr.HungNguyen1960 said:
Hi homer_simpson , he gave me a very good deal since i did the whole house , it should be $16 :) but ended up around $13 . Keep in mind that he is from direct factory and  so his shutters are made in USA ( i visited his factory in Pomona , CA ) , do not be confused with products that made in overseas and shipped over .

Doctor Hung...sweet name.

Dr.HungNguyen1960 said:

Thanks Doc, $13 per sq ft sounds real good.  I'll give him a ring and have him do my whole house too.

homer_simpson said:
Dr.HungNguyen1960 said:

Thanks Doc, $13 per sq ft sounds real good.  I'll give him a ring and have him do my whole house too.

Anyone named Dr Hung probably lives in a 10,000 sq ft palace, allowing for smaller margins aka $13. You probably only need a fifth of the windows resulting in $20.

Also got a quote from Tim Lou and got a great price as well. Right around $13/sq ft. And we definitely don't live in a palace. 20 windows total. Really nice guy too!

Dr.HungNguyen1960 said:
Thx USC , i use Tim Lou for my plantation shutters . Great service , great price  :)
No problem Doc, glad he able to help you out.  My buyers seem to have been very happy with his prices and quality.

Back