Experts admit global warming predictions wrong

Mention CNG and those damned hippies will protest day and night on your front lawn. Hydrogen's end product is great, but again it's origination source is natural gas. Electric cars are great, but getting more shaded areas ASAP would do more in the short run than bulk sales of NatGas / Coal powered Teslas. If Elon and the State would bundle a solar charger with an EV at a subsidized price adoption rates would climb. If Rivian and Ford's Lightning pickup meet consumer needs that also will take a big bite out of low MPG truck sales - a good thing.

OC's income levels and relatively new housing stock can support rooftop solar. It will be interesting to see what kind of battle will ensue with the proposed changes in Solar subsidies and fee payments. Given that the State of California thinks a $70 per month fee for Solar is a good idea, we are for all intents and purposes FUBAR.

Yea, that solar charge thing is the utilities cash grab.  It?s not fair to you non-solar owners that voted for the 50% green energy mandate that causes Cali to have massively higher electric costs than the rest of the country that I don?t pay for the solar energy I use, pay the same rate as you for excess I use in any month and get about 4 cents per kilowatt hour that I produce if I don?t use it,  which ironically basically goes from my house to the power line where it connects along with my neighbors house without solar and flows out to them to power their AC and is getting charged 40 cents by the utility for it.

China could care less...we are fools to believe them...

China fires up giant coal power plant in face of calls for cuts

SHANGHAI, Dec 28 (Reuters) - China, under fire for approving new coal power stations as other countries try to curb greenhouse gases, has completed the first 1,000-megawatt unit of the Shanghaimiao plant, the biggest of its kind under construction in the country.

Its operator, the Guodian Power Shanghaimiao Corporation, a subsidiary of the central government-run China Energy Investment Corporation, said on Tuesday that the plant's technology was the world's most efficient, with the lowest rates of coal and water consumption.

Located in Ordos in the coal-rich northwestern region of Inner Mongolia, the plant will eventually have four generating units, and is designed to deliver power to the eastern coastal Shandong province via a long-distance ultra-high voltage grid.

China is responsible for more than half of global coal-fired power generation and is expected to see a 9% year-on-year increase in 2021, an International Energy Agency report published this month said.

Beijing has pledged to start reducing coal consumption, but will do so only after 2025, giving developers considerable leeway to raise capacity further in the coming four years.
https://news.trust.org/item/20211228095824-casrb
https://youtu.be/BYUzax_34Iw

morekaos said:
[size=12pt]This is the argument I have been advocating forever...adapt.  Really, I believe the only clean way is Hydrogen if they can ever solve the storage issues.

WHERE do you get hydrogen?  From electrolyzing water, which takes far more energy to do than you get when burning the hydrogen back to water.

Remember the Hindenberg.
You don't "solve" problems that are intractable.

StarmanMBA said:
morekaos said:
[size=12pt]This is the argument I have been advocating forever...adapt.  Really, I believe the only clean way is Hydrogen if they can ever solve the storage issues.

WHERE do you get hydrogen?  From electrolyzing water, which takes far more energy to do than you get when burning the hydrogen back to water.

Remember the Hindenberg.

The water not rising in Louisiana? (I am not talking about chicken) Maybe they should stop building dams and levies since global warming doesnt exist.

StarmanMBA said:
morekaos said:

US had a monopoly on naturally occurring helium hence the need for the Germans to use H2

Remember the Hindenberg.

Thoughts and prayers?....

Here Comes Another Climate Deadline That Will Pass Without Notice

We?ve heard so many declarations that our ?last chance? to avoid global warming has arrived that we?ve lost count of the number of times the world has ended. But the sirens continue to wail, the latest from a United Nations grandee who says humanity has to act ?now or never? to avoid overheating its host planet. Pardon us while we yawn.

According to Jim Skea, a European academic who co-chairs the U.N.?s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Working Group III, ?it?s now or never, if we want to limit global warming? to 1.5 degrees Celsius. Keeping Earth?s temperatures in check ?will be impossible,? he said, ?without immediate and deep emissions reductions across all sectors.?

Meanwhile, the public is relentlessly bombarded with tales of destruction that never materialize. We?d say the alarmists should be humbled by their failures, but they?ve shown they have zero sense of shame.
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/04/...imate-deadline-that-will-pass-without-notice/

morekaos in Long Beach:

57a0c51ddd089549398b4955

"It's cooler down here!"

I love Irony..it's so....ironic!! ;D ;D >:D

A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US and was fined $8 million. Almost all died from being hit by the blades.

A wind farm company has admitted to killing at least 150 bald or golden eagles since 2012.
Bald and golden eagles are protected from harm and death under federal law.
The company was charged with over $8 million in fines and five-year probation.
https://youtu.be/WNGAZvj7QLE

Ready2Downsize said:
Liar Loan said:
How do you explain the Wintery weather we are experiencing today?  Hmm???

Wintry weather? WHERE r u? The average temp historically is 73 for April 12th. Is it not pretty close to that?

I know you're basking in the sun in Arizona, but a brisk Northwest wind is typical Winter weather here in SoCal

Gale Warning until TUE 11:00 PM PDT

Issued By
Los Angeles - CA, US, National Weather Service

Description
...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...

WHAT...Northwest winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt and combined seas 6 to 9 feet when conditions are worst.

WHERE...Inner waters from Point Mugu to San Mateo Pt. CA including Santa Catalina and Anacapa Islands and East Santa Barbara Channel from Pt. Conception to Pt. Mugu CA including Santa Cruz Island.

WHEN...Until 11 PM PDT this evening.

IMPACTS...Strong winds will create dangerous sea conditions which could capsize or damage small and large vessels.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS...See the Coastal Waters Forecast (CWFLOX).

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions. Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the vessel for severe conditions.

I'm not in Arizona. I'm in Tustin and it's just typical weather. A gale warning is to alert people of gusts over water, like for surfers.

Wintry weather.......... I thought maybe we had snow on the ground but when I opened my front door it looked like a typical day. If you think the weather is bad here, maybe that is contributing to your sky is falling worry.

Ready2Downsize said:
I'm not in Arizona. I'm in Tustin and it's just typical weather. A gale warning is to alert people of gusts over water, like for surfers.

Wintry weather.......... I thought maybe we had snow on the ground but when I opened my front door it looked like a typical day. If you think the weather is bad here, maybe that is contributing to your sky is falling worry.

Ah, so if by your estimation yesterday was typical weather, what does that mean for global warming?

Liar Loan said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Ah, so if by your estimation yesterday was typical weather, what does that mean for global warming?

It means nothing. Yesterday was a windy day. All my LIFE we have had windy days and not windy days, rainy days, sunny days and cloudy days.

Wind yesterday means NOTHING about global warming.

If yesterday's windy day meant something then today's not windy day means the opposite. Neither means anything at all.

Back