Experts admit global warming predictions wrong

So when someone tells a truth you don?t like...the mob makes it disappear...unfortunately for the mob, the internet has a long memory...

Forbes falls to cancel culture as it erases environmentalist's mea culpa

Shellenberger?s remarkable cri de coeur in Forbes starting ?On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It?s just not the end of the world. It?s not even our most serious environmental problem.?
Sorry. Did I say ?in Forbes?? Alas, if you go there now you get a terse ?This page is no longer active. We regret any inconvenience.? In the fast-vanishing spirit of fair play, I contacted Forbes to see if it was just a technical glitch. Nyet, tovarisch.
[url]https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-robson-forbes-falls-to-cancel-culture-as-it-erases-environmentalists-mea-culpa/wcm/370ca87c-37c3-4376-8e95-78231ae5fd46/[/url]

Fortunately, the original piece survived the mob...

On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize
For The Climate Scare

[url]https://wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Schellenberger-Apology.pdf[/url]

morekaos said:
Shellenberger?s remarkable cri de coeur

"Cri de coeur."  Ooooh, this guy is good!
Thank you very much for that incredible article.  How rare that an Environmental Extremist expresses such honesty.  How very rare.

The water is rising take a look at the Florida, New York, Louisiana, and New Hampshire.

(Where is my thanks?) jkjk

..and another thing!...

Apocalypse Never ? The Polar Bears Are Alive and Well

With the polar bears pictured on the cover of his new book Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All, Michael Shellenberger is here to report that polar bears are alive and well. He is announcing to the world that things are not as bad as we are being told. Throughout the book, the author provides a litany of positive trends for the environment, for a message that contrasts sharply with what he describes as a broad and deep misinformation campaign propagated by environmental advocates. The overall theme of the book is that environmentalists have deliberately exaggerated news of impending climate disaster or the collapse of biodiversity. While threats exist, we have much reason to hope that human societies will adapt to environmental change with the right combination of technology, management, and good governance.

https://outline.com/F34GjL

There are ~30,000 polar bears today, 23,000 more than when Al Gore was born.

His silly Earth in the Balance is fraught with ignorance and nonsense.  But it was good enough for the Unabomber to read over and over again in his rathole cabin while mailing out package bombs to kill scholars and conservatives.

P 146  ?Each person in the U.S. produces an average of twenty tons of CO2 each year.?

[Al produces far more than this with his globetrotting to Russia, Antarctica, the Arctic Ocean, Amazon Rain Forest, Equatorial Africa, Caribbean, Kenya, Louisiana, Atlanta, and even Mount Rainier where he flew his son on Air Force 2 for his birthday.]

P 151  ??we are running out of places to put it (our garbage).?
[Al, drive from Los Angeles to Phoenix or Las Vegas, look out both sides, and stop spouting this nonsense.]

P 162 ?Throwing away children:  nothing could better illustrate my strong belief that the worst of all forms of pollution is wasted lives!?

[This from a Baptist hypocrite who preaches the Bible to us and who has always supported abortion.  Thirty-five million babies murdered based on a lie to the Supreme Court.  Norma McCorvey claimed that she was raped. She lied.]

P 171  ?The Constitution is still universally recognized as the world?s most forward-looking charter for self-government.?
[When it suits them, liberals make such grand statements as this.  Other times, they hatefully attack the free market system which is the product of our Constitution.]

What a striking contrast between the awesome power and efficiency of our economic system displayed in its philosophical rout of Marxism-Leninism, the abject failure of which continues to poison air and water, the fouling of our air, the destruction of tens of thousands of living species every year.(P 185)

The Constitution is great, but it?s not.  Capitalism is great, but it?s not. Are you following this flunkout from divinity school?  On Page 75, Gore referred derisively to blind laissez-faire economics. Here it is a philosophical rout.?

Find me the white whale!!...

A second Trump term would mean severe and irreversible changes in the climate

No joke: It would be disastrous on the scale of millennia.
If Donald Trump is reelected president, the likely result will be irreversible changes to the climate that will degrade the quality of life of every subsequent generation of human beings, with millions of lives harmed or foreshortened. That?s in addition to the hundreds of thousands of lives at present that will be hurt or prematurely end.

This sounds like exaggeration, some of the ?alarmism? green types are always accused of. But it is not particularly controversial among those who have followed Trump?s record on energy and climate change.

?As bad as it seems right now,? says Josh Freed of Third Way, a center-left think tank, ?the climate and energy scenario in Trump II would be much, much worse.?

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2020/8/27/21374894/trump-election-second-term-climate-change-energy-russia-china
https://youtu.be/wpLOsFc1AhQ

Fun to revisit this but not sure if it belongs here or in the Snowflake thread...oh well, funny anyway...

Sending just ONE email less every day could cut CO2 emissions by 16,000 tonnes - the same as 80,000 flights
Research from OVO Energy found half of Brits send unnecessary emails daily
Sending one less every day could cut CO2 emissions by 16,000 tonnes a year
This is the equivalent of 81,152 flights from London to Madrid or taking 3,334 diesel cars off the road

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8966829/Sending-just-ONE-email-day-cut-CO2-emissions-16-000-tonnes.html

Glass bottles are much WORSE for the environment than plastic because manufacturing them uses more energy and resources, study finds
Researchers from Southampton evaluated various types of beverage packaging
They considered the impact of glass and plastic bottles, cans and milk cartons
Part of the problem with glass bottles is that they are not reused enough today
The most environmentally-friendly containers are cartons and aluminium can

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8966051/Environment-Glass-bottles-WORSE-plastic-given-energy-needed-make-study-says.html

morekaos said:
That article is a year old...find some fresh sources.

I am curious...is there any article that will convince you that climate change is real and materially caused by human activity? 

Cause there are thousands of studies and overwhelming amount of scientists and experts who study the subject who say those things are true. 

icey said:
Would suggest some more reputable sources other the Daily Mail, which is the equivalent of the Sun or National Inquirer.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...st-climate-inaction-top-medical-journal-says/https://www.thelancet.com/infographics/climate-and-health

It's also instructive to acknowledge the money trail of who is funding the messages.

Some people enjoy getting preyed upon I guess

While I agree the daily is pulp trash, there have been many studies looking at Lifecycle pollution.  Break even on a reuseable mug versus disposable paper cup is something like 7 years of daily use. 

Just eyeballing previous job environments their use is rarely daily and frequently doesn't make six months let alone 7 years.

Preyed upon needs to include the emotional.manipulation and misinformation propagated in the crusade. When I really want to piss off my woke cousin, I ask him how the stainless steel straws are doing.

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

I am curious...is there any article that will convince you that climate change is real and materially caused by human activity? 

Cause there are thousands of studies and overwhelming amount of scientists and experts who study the subject who say those things are true. 

No

morekaos said:
Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

No

So why bother with this discussion at all?  You clearly have no intent on changing your belief based upon evidence and/or science.

You would be amazed at how much I really do read on both sides and I have seen nothing that convinces me it is not natural and even if it were real that there is anything we could do about it. I feel we should concentrate on what we humans do best, adapt.

Back