Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

bones said:
why do the Nolans range from $842k ($361psf) to $980k ($420psf)?  Elevation? Pre-selected upgrades? Lot size? Combination of it all?

Lot premiums, pre-selected options (roof top deck is a $40k option), driveway, etc.

AW said:
Wow that was fast, we were there around 3:30 and passed on them.  The first phase did seem like the best ones 
The lots began selling around 2pm...4 Nathanial lots sold first.  When I left at around 3pm they had already sold 6 lots.

They would've lost out, I was on their list last week and today as well.  Last week they said only 5 were being considered for sale. 
Today was phase one and two, either no shared motorcourts or only 4 deep, the rest are 6 deep except for the very last phase

1st year MR at $6592, if max 2% annual raise, at year 10 compounds to $8035.  qwerty check the math please

ps9 said:
So Ellwood is first come first serve then?  What if people couldn't make it today?
Yup, one of my clients wanted to buy lot 1 but literally a minute before we walked back into the sales office a couple ahead of them bought lot 1 so they selected one of the other Nathanial lots.  I guess whoever didn't make it out today was SOL if they wanted any of the better lots in the first 2 phases.

ps9 said:
1st year MR at $6592, if max 2% annual raise, at year 10 compounds to $8035.  qwerty check the math please

Confirmed. I hate that fucking 2% increase.

oceanmonkey said:
i am surprised about the quick sales on Ellwood,
is it a really a good deal?
The first 2 phases have the best location and the pricing shows, $980k on lot 3, $420/sq ft!

Per their website yesterday, they start from $791k, $814k, $830k, probably the middle phases

AW said:
oceanmonkey said:
i am surprised about the quick sales on Ellwood,
is it a really a good deal?
The first 2 phases have the best location and the pricing shows, $980k on lot 3, $420/sq ft!

Per their website yesterday, they start from $791k, $814k, $830k, probably the middle phases

You know how it is, teaser prices. I'm sure in small writing on the website - prices subject to change.

Don't they actually have to have a house for that advertised price like those car specials, one at this price, or southwest for the lowest air fare (where they got fined because some didn't exist)

AW said:
Don't they actually have to have a house for that advertised price like those car specials, one at this price, or southwest for the lowest air fare (where they got fined because some didn't exist)

We don't know if they already sold that already. (Pre opening) Also, they can say the website was not updated to reflect the updated price.

Ellwood's demand is very high that it is almost sold out for the phases released. Committed homebuyers testimony refer to these home a nostalgic reminder of the house they grew up as a child and the homes are so unique compared to the Irvine typical tracts. The most unexpected is Caucasian buyer and shopper turnout were at equal pace to the usual deep pocketed Indian and Chinese buyers seeking that coveted IUSD/ Harvard dream.  Many are considering selling their current homes in the Gaza Strip between Sand Canyon and the Toll Road.

I did notice more of a good demographic mix much like the BP architecture, unlike PP and CV grand openings

While other developers ignore the Whites when Chinese money is everywhere. I  know what makes community succeed and eventually erode. I have seen and been there myself. It is too long overdue for Irvine losing its Caucasian population by not designing what is right for them. Congratulation to The Great Park team for thinking about the Caucasians and finding the balance between East ananda West.

irvinehomeshopper said:
While other developers ignore the Whites when Chinese money is everywhere. I  know what makes community succeed and eventually erode. I have seen and been there myself. It is too long overdue for Irvine losing its Caucasian population by not designing what is right for them. Congratulation to The Great Park team for thinking about the Caucasians and finding the balance between East ananda West.
I'll have to admit the retro architecture is pretty cool, but Irvine is still a pretty white unfriendly city, there's nowhere to park your RV and you can't plink with your .22 in your own backyard.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Ellwood's demand is very high that it is almost sold out for the phases released. Committed homebuyers testimony refer to these home a nostalgic reminder of the house they grew up as a child and the homes are so unique compared to the Irvine typical tracts. The most unexpected is Caucasian buyer and shopper turnout were at equal pace to the usual deep pocketed Indian and Chinese buyers seeking that coveted IUSD/ Harvard dream.  Many are considering selling their current homes in the Gaza Strip between Sand Canyon and the Toll Road.

The first part is informational, but when buyers other than Caucasian is mentioned, it turns this post to crap. Why does it have to be Gaza strip? Harvard dream? Where is your glorious palace in Irvine? And are you planning to put your child to IVC?

Back