Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

My, my, aren't we picky??  ;D

socal123 said:
aquabliss said:
gaysian said:
On an unrelated note, the (male) sales agent at the booth for Ellwood at Sunday's event was really handsome. There were two Asian women flirting with him so clearly I wasn't the only one who felt that way.  ;D

I forgot to pick up the brochure because I was distracted, so thanks for posting them    :p

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

This should help my nausea:

wmmb9s.jpg

Ya, that's better.

I dunno. What's with her belly button. Looks like the Grand Canyon.

Here's the plan 3 floorplan again:

NolanS6368-print.jpg

There is an optional 3rd floor deck not shown in the meet n greet floorplans from JLin (and mentioned by landofnoland and AW).  Pretty cool floorplan, I wonder if there's gonna be 10ft ceilings on the first floor?  The RA website is updated with elevations and floorplans, here are the plan 3 elevations:

NolanS638-B-elev_w.jpg

Mid-century mod?
NolanS638-A-elev_w.jpg

craftsman?
NolanS638-C-elev_w.jpg

tuscan/spanish/santa barbara?

These are mostly stuck at the end of the motorcourt with the garage at the end of the shared driveway.  Parking shouldn't be too bad, just a slight angle to get in.  Getting out is gonna be a different story, 3 pt (Austin Power) turns every morning from your plan 3 garage.  The guest suite on the first floor is a waste of space for me, hoping for other options.  Shared bathroom for the two beds upstairs can be a dealbreaker for some.  Only 1 plan 3 with a driveway!  If 154 Mongoose is available.......

They got the wrong schools listed on their website:

Schools:
Elementary schools
Stonegate Elementary School
Middle schools
Sierra Vista Middle School
High schools
Northwood High School

Should be Canyon View, not Stonegate

Here's the plan 1 with configurations:

NashS636-print-new.jpg

Looks like you can opt for dual Master bedrooms (roommate rental) or a loft on the 2nd floor.  The Augusta plan 3 kitchen/dining/living room stack is nice.  The deck on the third floor should be a no brainer, get it.  I believe these are stuck in the middle of the motorcourt between the plan 3 and plan 2. 

NashS636-A-elev_w.jpg

whoa, pointy
NashS636-B-elev_w.jpg

ugh, no thanks
NashS636-C-elev_w.jpg

hello typical irvine

The decks can come in handy if during emergencies:  you can spell out messages to aircraft overhead.  If your neighbors to the left and right are decked, you can spell S-O-S.  :)

ps9 said:
Here's the plan 1 with configurations:

NashS636-print-new.jpg

Looks like you can opt for dual Master bedrooms (roommate rental) or a loft on the 2nd floor.  The Augusta plan 3 kitchen/dining/living room stack is nice.  The deck on the third floor should be a no brainer, get it.  I believe these are stuck in the middle of the motorcourt between the plan 3 and plan 2. 

NashS636-A-elev_w.jpg

whoa, pointy
NashS636-B-elev_w.jpg

ugh, no thanks
NashS636-C-elev_w.jpg

hello typical irvine

The decks can come in handy if during emergencies:  you can spell out messages to aircraft overhead.  If your neighbors to the left and right are decked, you can spell S-O-S.  :)

Patio set on the deck?

The mid-century looking house would look better if it didn't have the rounded Spanish looking arch in the front.  That doesn't go with the rest of the house.

I think they are modeling the deck option.  From Irvine Blvd. I can see a home with a flat roof that sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the others.

Think of the possibilities of the 360 degree views:  fireworks, amphitheater (hopefully facing Ellwood), laundry clotheslines, parkour...

The "deck" looks to me like a parapet on a commercial building.  Flat roofs on commercial buildings typically need to be replaced every 10 years.  I wonder what these Elwood roofs are made out of and how long they are expected to last.  If you're up on your "deck" having a bbq and you drop a knife or grill fork, can you penetrate the deck thereby causing a leak the next big rain? 

I hope they'll have at least one model showing a deck.
They should also have that model staged with hanging clothesline to attract fcb's that can't afford Torrey

eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:
These are detached condos.

At Birch Trail, they advertised them in their sales office as "single-family homes". However, in super tiny font on the bottom of their price sheet, it indicated that "single-family homes" really means "single-family detached condominiums". Very deceitful...

This is the norm:
Be vague on property description, pre-opening price always a lot lower than the opening price, model homes are upgraded

any one know what are the pre-opening price for these homes

2,000 sq ft detached from high 700's and rooftop decks!  They'll be waiting in line for these babies.

Agree - that plan 3 'Nolan' in the modern exterior looks very cool.  Wish it had a second floor loft.

Back