Elderberry should I a buy?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Checked out elderberry this weekend. Nice location in terms of the openness and view points.  Liked residence three's layout.

Debating if I should upgrade from EW condo to Elderberry. EW location has lots of pros but I like the floor plan of Elderberry.

Attached or detached EW condo?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Detached condo...Petaluma
That'll be a nice quick easy sale. I helped 3 buyers buyer Petaluma, I still kick myself for not getting onto the list in the beginning and getting one of those driveway lots on Rotunda but at least one of my clients did. I'll have my Delano listing open house this weekend, swing by if you are free either day...I'll have Corner Bakery.  ;)

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Checked out elderberry this weekend. Nice location in terms of the openness and view points.  Liked residence three's layout.

Debating if I should upgrade from EW condo to Elderberry. EW location has lots of pros but I like the floor plan of Elderberry.

I'm beginning to really like the PS5 neighborhoods because they're all detached condos & SFRs. It feels a big less dense than other TIC hoods.  It really depends on what you're looking for. They both have pros and cons.

Was just at elderberry with a client. The biggest lots left available for anyone looking or if you're an agent and have buyers looking are lots 36 and 60.

Hi

I visited Elderberry last week and liked the community and layouts. I hear mixed reviews abut KB homes. We love plan 3 and we think it is more functional. Any comments on the community, developer, floor plans, upgrades, etc?

Every builder uses the same construction companies and home depot day laborers....It's the customer service after you build your home that sets the builders apart.  This was talked about a few years back.

Does Lennar, KB, New homes company, Toll Bros, etc. have their own in house construction company?  I dunno.

I've heard mixed reviews about KB Homes, as builder, but I really like that PS5A neighborhood that Elderberry is placed. All detached homes, spacious, nice views and park/pool right in the middle. 

I have a friend who owns an Elderberry home and seems to really like it. Other options in that neighborhood are Legado (may be sold out), Juniper and Montara.

I think I mentioned it early in this thread or maybe another, but the lots are really small compared to the size of the house, and I think the larger lots were in the first couple of phases.  This may be true for most new builds now unless you get the coveted larger lot.  Wife and I looked at Elderberry at one point too (is Mountaineer still around, we considered buying in PS) but we wanted a larger yard and 3 car garage if we could find it.

I believe it was Plan 2s downstairs and Plan 3s upstairs we liked, but it could be flipped, it's been awhile, we visited 2+ years ago. 

I might sound like one of the disgruntled folks (why not, everyone has an experience to share) ....

please don't but any of the KB Home properties, especially Elderberry - the company has no empathy for their customers, they nickel-n-dime you, have a really low rating with customer satisfaction, overpriced/overrated!

They decided not to build lots that have been in contract without giving you any updates for months, make you wait indefinitely holding on to your earnest deposit, don't negotiate with you for an alternative, and when you are feeling miserable & decide to leave - your money is theirs to keep!

akkord said:
I think I mentioned it early in this thread or maybe another, but the lots are really small compared to the size of the house, and I think the larger lots were in the first couple of phases.  This may be true for most new builds now unless you get the coveted larger lot.  Wife and I looked at Elderberry at one point too (is Mountaineer still around, we considered buying in PS) but we wanted a larger yard and 3 car garage if we could find it.

I believe it was Plan 2s downstairs and Plan 3s upstairs we liked, but it could be flipped, it's been awhile, we visited 2+ years ago.

They still a few large lots available

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
akkord said:

> than 6000/7000 sq ft? 

Are they forcing buyers to pay for solar here? It's a new 2020 CA mandate - but I've found builders don't always comply.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Are they forcing buyers to pay for solar here? It's a new 2020 CA mandate - but I've found builders don't always comply.

It depends on when the permits for the tract were pulled, not when the home was built.

best_potsticker_in_town said:

A basic solar system is included in the purchase price as an standard option. You can pay extra to extend it to a larger unit I believe.

Did anyone cancel their contract with Elderberry and got their earnest deposit back? KB corporate is a terrible builder who will squabble for $25k (yes it's a tiny drop for them and a huge deal for an individual like me)!

sphinx99 said:
Did anyone cancel their contract with Elderberry and got their earnest deposit back? KB corporate is a terrible builder who will squabble for $25k (yes it's a tiny drop for them and a huge deal for an individual like me)!

Do you have a genuine reason to cancel or just change of mind?

akkord said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
akkord said:

> than 6000/7000 sq ft?

One left over that size that I know of.

sphinx99 said:

Yes I know a couple clients that did and got it back. What?s the reason for you pulling out?

What is the price - is it on a premium, lot, etc.  Maybe someone on TI would be interested and a swap out makes it simpler for KB. Always amazes me builders play such hard ball in this situations. I get it - contract provides for flexibility in production delays - at the same time, i always think the bad will isn't worth the effort to get the deposit and whatever headaches come with it. 

Back