Elderberry should I a buy?

Mety said:
paydawg said:
Don't buy any homes from either KB or Richmond American.  Their quality is crap.

Who do you recommend?
Irvine Pacific? Brookfield? Lennar?

Honestly...they're all equally bad/good.  They all pretty much hire the same subs.  The real difference is the aftercare...which most builders do anyways because they don't want to get sued.

heverlee said:
akkord said:
If you're from the midwest, be ready for a incredibly small lot at Elderberry for the home.  There's an unknown developer with view lots hopefully in the near future with bigger lots for those with the view in the same area, probably priced higher, may be worth looking into if you like that area.  IMHO Elderberry lots are too small to be comfortable, no privacy.

fully agree on that, my midwest home is 3600sqft single level inside. I feel embarrassed to tell friends the new home in Irvine sits on a lot of that size. ;-<

Given the huge price difference btw states, I have to give up the lot size while getting a home not significantly smaller inside. will try to use the community park as much as possible. For privacy, guess will try to plant more trees.

Yes but unlike the Mid-West...you can actually go outside rather than being hunkered down in your house 9 months out of the year.

Irvinecommuter said:
heverlee said:
akkord said:
If you're from the midwest, be ready for a incredibly small lot at Elderberry for the home.  There's an unknown developer with view lots hopefully in the near future with bigger lots for those with the view in the same area, probably priced higher, may be worth looking into if you like that area.  IMHO Elderberry lots are too small to be comfortable, no privacy.

fully agree on that, my midwest home is 3600sqft single level inside. I feel embarrassed to tell friends the new home in Irvine sits on a lot of that size. ;-<

Given the huge price difference btw states, I have to give up the lot size while getting a home not significantly smaller inside. will try to use the community park as much as possible. For privacy, guess will try to plant more trees.

Yes but unlike the Mid-West...you can actually go outside rather than being hunkered down in your house 9 months out of the year.

this is true, that is why we decide to move here

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
paydawg said:
Don't buy any homes from either KB or Richmond American.  Their quality is crap.

Who do you recommend?
Irvine Pacific? Brookfield? Lennar?

Honestly...they're all equally bad/good.  They all pretty much hire the same subs.  The real difference is the aftercare...which most builders do anyways because they don't want to get sued.

True, they all pretty much use the same subcontractors. All the builders are rushing to finish homes as soon as they can and there are a lot of fit/finish repair items that all builders are having to do before and after closing whether it be Toll, Shea, IrvinePac, KB, Brookfield, TriPoint, Lennar, etc.

CAL said:
How would you rank which builder make the best homes?

From what I heard from my new home buyers, it all depends on the specific people that you deal with from the builder.  Some of my buyers had good experiences and bad experiences with the same builders.  I HIGHLY recommend that all new home buyers get a home inspection prior to closing on their home and request that the builder address/fix the issues in that inspection report as soon as possible.

CAL said:
How would you rank which builder make the best homes?

I don't really think there is a ranking...it really depends on the people who is working on the project.  If it is any consolation for the higher costs, buying later phases is better in that bad subs get kicked out.  Our cabinet sub was terrible and they got replaced about 2 phases later because of all the complaints.

All these awards seem like for the appearance only.
What about build quality and what's going on inside?

Mety said:
All these awards seem like for the appearance only.
What about build quality and what's going on inside?

All of my buyers recently Toll Brothers purchases had numerous fit/finish items that needed to be taken care of before and after closing, just like the other builders.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Was considering a true SFR to move up from the condo in Eastwood. It all depends on the price pt.

I'm sensing a EW condo would be a better value for ROI. But life is not all about ROI, right?

Checked out elderberry this weekend. Nice location in terms of the openness and view points.  Liked residence three's layout.

Debating if I should upgrade from EW condo to Elderberry. EW location has lots of pros but I like the floor plan of Elderberry.

Back