Doors

whome

Can anybody recommend a contractor who builds (?)/installs doors?

Irvine Pacific doesn't provide a door between the master bedroom and bathroom as a standard and since we were not early enough to choose that option we need to do that after COE.

Also, in one of the model homes, I noticed the children's bedroom door was split in half so the top could be opened while the lower part was closed. I thought that was a cool idea (I have an infant and a toddler).

Does anybody know a good contractor for the above?

whome said:
I noticed the children's bedroom door was split in half so the top could be opened while the lower part was closed. I thought that was a cool idea

We call that a "Dutch door".

I was also looking for a contractor to add that privacy doors in the master bathroom and another door at the mudroom/launch area but I end up getting those doors done through the builder. 

However, I had this company in my note but don't remember who recommends them.  You might want to check them out.
http://www.eisenbartandsons.com/
&
Their yelp review.

Thanks Inc!

I wanted to go with the builder for the privacy door too - but unfortunately we were past that stage of options by the time we signed. Thanks for the rec.

Just bumping this thread to find out if anybody has used Eisenbart and sons for doors. I was going to contact them for the privacy door between the master bedroom and bathroom. Or are there any other vendors that I should consider? Thanks in advance!

I am also looking to add the master bedroom/bathroom privacy door.
Can someone with experience share how much this job may cost?

Thanks!

SoCal said:
whome said:
I noticed the children's bedroom door was split in half so the top could be opened while the lower part was closed. I thought that was a cool idea

We call that a "Dutch door".

Some would rightfully call it a 'Bangkok door'.

Do most people like a privacy door between master BR and bath? We have had it open in our previous home and here and given shower is tucked away and toilet in the separate section with a door I didn't think a door was needed, felt more open. Many of the higher end model homes I've seen had an open concept MBedrm/bath combo

gimble said:

Thanks!

One of my friends recently got it done and it cost him $350 -- for a hollow core door.

Paris said:
Do most people like a privacy door between master BR and bath? We have had it open in our previous home and here and given shower is tucked away and toilet in the separate section with a door I didn't think a door was needed, felt more open. Many of the higher end model homes I've seen had an open concept MBedrm/bath combo

I think it depends on the work schedules of the couple and whether they may conflict. If both people work pretty typical daytime hours I think its not an issue.

Also depends on where the opening is relative to the bed.

sky949 said:
gimble said:

Thanks!

One of my friends recently got it done and it cost him $350 -- for a hollow core door.

Hi sky949,

$350 sounds reasonable. Would you please ask your friend for the vendor/contractor information?

Thanks

Paris said:

I've seen it in a model home with a sliding sliding barn door style that was nicely done and very minimal.

Something like this:http://yourhomeonlybetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ref-gd181.jpg

incognito said:
Paris said:

I've seen it in a model home with a sliding sliding barn door style that was nicely done and very minimal.

Something like this:http://yourhomeonlybetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ref-gd181.jpg

yes the sliding barn door in totally in right now, all over HGTV but I feel like it's a trend that may phase out in the future. The barn door definitely does not fit my decor though.

I remember a lot of the Hidden Canyon models had an open entry into the master spa baths

Paris said:
yes the sliding barn door in totally in right now, all over HGTV but I feel like it's a trend that may phase out in the future. The barn door definitely does not fit my decor though.

I remember a lot of the Hidden Canyon models had an open entry into the master spa baths

Possibly. But the wife has been complaining about not having a full length mirror, so thinking of getting a distressed wood sliding one with a large full length mirror insert. Serves all 3 functions: 1) decorative piece in the master bedroom, 2) full length mirror, and 3) bathroom/shower door later when the kid gets older

It's a win-win-win situation  ;)

Paris said:
incognito said:
Paris said:

This is exactly what I am looking for instead of regular door!

Roger said:
Thanks aqua and iho!  I'll be visiting there this weekend.

I've been in contact with them the last few days. Their options seems alittle limited; however, still worth a look. I'm in the process of getting an estimate quote from them over email.

Option 1: frameless....choice of clear or frosted glass only
Option 2: frame/panels....choice of clear/frosted/mirror

Option 2 is a ~2" frame...but I'm checking to see if they can do something like 6" to give it a more substantial/decorative look

Back