Dodgers!

Bad and good news day for the Dodgers yesterday.
The bad news Corey Seager and Max Scherzer left the Dodgers. The good news  is the Dodgers saved a ton of money.
1. I am sorry Corey is not worth $325 for 10 years in my humble opinion. Look at his injury history with the dodgers according to foxsports.https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/corey-seager-player-injuries

2. Max signed for $130 for 3 years. I honestly thought he wants to be on a team that will compete in the playoffs. The Mets?

It's sucks that Corey left, but I agree that it's not worth paying that much money for him given his injury history. Good for him making $325M though.

Scherzer already won a championship with the Nationals, so I agree with Cares, I'll take $130M over a chance to compete.

eyephone said:
I would not pay Max that type of money due to his arm situation in the playoffs and his age.

He was clearly fatigued in the playoffs. And you can see the drop off a couple of games before the playoffs already. It was a smart move by the Dodgers not to give him a contract.

And the Dodgers should have enough pitchers next year with May and Gonsolin coming back from injuries. Only problem is that these two young pitchers are very inconsistent. And Kershaw is showing his age as well. So the Dodgers only got two reliable pitchers in Buehler and Urias. The Dodgers really need to stop using Urias as a multi weapon and just have him start. It affected his performance in late playoffs run having pitched too many innings.

Another thing to consider. Shohei will become a free agent next year!  ;)
If he is going to stay in LA. He might as well play for the Dodgers. A team that has a winning atmosphere!

Cares said:
Let's pay Shohei the combined contracts of Scherzer and Bellinger!

$455m over 13 years!

Believe it or not. He only made $3 mil last year according to sportrac.

Cares said:
Let's pay Shohei the combined contracts of Scherzer and Bellinger!

$455m over 13 years!

It would be worth it, but there's no DH in the NL, so Shohei wouldn't be able to bat every game.

Set franchise win record for regular season only to lose to their divisional baby brother, that they beat 14 out of 19 times in regular season, in the playoffs. :mad:

The Dodger season was a complete failure, the number of regular season wins don't mean much if the team can't close the deal in the post season.

at least Dodgers had a dominant regular season. The Lakers on the other hand is not going to be competitive and the Pelican has the pick swap with them..imagine the Lakers won the lottery only to see Pelican get their piclk.

A shame Kershaw's last game will probably be the very end of his career. Just not having him pitch in the post season would be an improvement imo.

Another complete failure of a season. I think the week off hurt the top teams (Baltimore lost, Dodgers lost, and Atlanta is on the verge of getting bounced).

Going into this year's playoffs, we knew pitching would not be strong. The offense had to carry the team. When Mookie and Freddie go 1 for 21 in the series...you're toast. As for Kershaw, pretty sure he has a severe shoulder injury - maybe a torn labrum. This might be it for him.

Back