Dick Cheney

[quote author="trrenter" date=1244939964]Again I am not apologizing for Bush and his administration. The premise to me is simple.

You have two ?mainstream opposing? parties in the USA, the Republicans and the Democrats. This is one of the checks and balances we have in our country in regards to safeguarding our rights as Americans.

If the party that is not in power disagrees with what the party in power is doing it is part of their responsibility to loudly oppose the injustices they believe are occurring. They have several ways to do this.

I do not disagree with the thought that an inarticulate person can be deemed as stupid even if that isn?t true.

<blockquote>Bush is inarticulate and his inability to effectively communicate was detrimental to his presidency.</blockquote>

I will even agree with the above statement.

Now though I go back to my orginal argument which isn?t to argue the merits of Bush as a president. My argument is why didn?t the Democrats like Pelosi, Dodd, Frank et al do more to stop and oppose Bush. They certainly had the power base to do it.

My problem is that it appears to me that there were many Democrats that should be labeled incompetent, especially if the let Bush and Cheney fool them or bully them. They are even more culpable given the fact that bush couldn?t even effectively communicate his thoughts as you pointed out.

Instead the Democrats are pointing at Bush and trying to absolve themselves of all responsibility for the 8 years Bush was in office.</blockquote>

I don't disagree that the Democrats have culpability. Our two party structure has serious flaws, which is why you don't see me celebrating what Pelosi and Reid did in their respective leadership positions. Each party spends more time engaging in political posturing than they spend passing meaningful legislation. Each party has its respective far left and far right nutters, but there are many moderates.

What bothers me most is how many Americans align themselves with one party or the other, and support anything and everything that their party represents, without spending any time researching the issues on their own, determining what their positions are on the issues, or finding a candidate that best represents their interests. Our two party structure is group think at its worst.

<blockquote>I don't disagree that the Democrats have culpability.</blockquote>

That is all I have been trying to say.

<blockquote>What bothers me most is how many Americans align themselves with one party or the other, and support anything and everything that their party represents, without spending any time researching the issues on their own, determining what their positions are on the issues, or finding a candidate that best represents their interests.</blockquote>

I agree 100% with what you are saying. What is really starting to concern me though is that the public lets the media think for them.

Look at how many times here that I am not defending Bush but I get labled a Bush apologist when in reality all I am saying is lets spread the blame here. There are plenty of people Bush INCLUDED that helped us get to where we are. Lets not let anyone that is responsible get off the hook.

Bush is gone he is history lets now focus our time and energy on making everyone else that took part in this get voted out.

You can even vote along your party line just don't vote for the incumbent that bears some responsibility. Vote a different Dem or Rep. into that position.

In other words lets fire the people that deserve to be fired.

Back