Diamond District (??) off Jamboree and Alton

[quote author="reason" date=1250072985]Last Friday I drove into the H market and another driver plowed through the stop sign and almost broadsided me. Then as I continue on looking for a parking space, another idiot backed out of his space and nearly hit my car.</blockquote>

there's a "secret" entrance on mcgaw, the next street off jamboree south of alton. make a right on mcgaw, right into the driveway to what looks like the parking lots for the office bldgs there, but drive through the lot toward diamond jamboree. you can either just enter the parkign structure or end up in that alley between the hmart and ajisen.

avoids the pedestrian/vehicle death trap that is tryign to get past hmart when the plaza is crowded.

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1250075913][quote author="roundcorners" date=1250070537]Just checked out <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/crepes-de-paris-irvine#hrid:4BL8Oi2RAQbWuJHKDbVRVA">Crepes de Paris </a>at the Diamond Jamboree plaza? up until now, the only place the wife and I know to get great crepes was <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-creperie-cafe-long-beach#hrid:QFdyhU5XZAZ5IfdoLC66Fw/src:search/query:Le Crepre Cafe">La Crepre Ca</a>f? 2nd street in Long Beach? Now we don?t have to drive that far, cause, this place is as good, and a little less! The menu and atmosphere is similar and simple; just tried the savory crepes, can?t wait to try the sweet stuff? see you there!</blockquote>
Did you happen to notice if the revolving sushi place is open yet? I think it's called Hana. I need me some conveyor belt sushi!!</blockquote>

I am looking forward to that place as well...I think it is still under construction.

[quote author="acpme" date=1250115085][quote author="reason" date=1250072985]Last Friday I drove into the H market and another driver plowed through the stop sign and almost broadsided me. Then as I continue on looking for a parking space, another idiot backed out of his space and nearly hit my car.</blockquote>

there's a "secret" entrance on mcgaw, the next street off jamboree south of alton. make a right on mcgaw, right into the driveway to what looks like the parking lots for the office bldgs there, but drive through the lot toward diamond jamboree. you can either just enter the parkign structure or end up in that alley between the hmart and ajisen.

avoids the pedestrian/vehicle death trap that is tryign to get past hmart when the plaza is crowded.</blockquote>

<span style="font-size: 11px;"><em>Note to self: acpme = verboten from "secret" fishing spots.</em></span>

[quote author="acpme" date=1250115085][quote author="reason" date=1250072985]Last Friday I drove into the H market and another driver plowed through the stop sign and almost broadsided me. Then as I continue on looking for a parking space, another idiot backed out of his space and nearly hit my car.</blockquote>

avoids the pedestrian/vehicle death trap that is tryign to get past hmart when the plaza is crowded.</blockquote>

You're kidding?!! Thanks, I'll try that next time. (Pondering if I should disclose this other secret)....hummmm....ok, the parking structure. Why does no one uses it? After risking my life in the parking lot, I decided to try the parking structure. I was shock to find that only one level was full and the 2nd and 3rd level(s) were empty. Once I parked on the 2nd level, I just walked right onto the 2nd floor of the shopping center. And looking down, I just shook my head at all the cars in the main park lot driving around fighting for parking. Seriously, there were crazy amount of cars looking for parking spaces. Yet, the parking structure had plenty. And from the structure, it was even closer to walk to the various shops.

you forget... the 1st gen Koreans and Chinese love to show off their Benzs and Bimmers... they love driving around and around... to find that perfect front row spot...

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1250117625]you forget... the 1st gen Koreans and Chinese love to show off their Benzs and Bimmers... they love driving around and around... to find that perfect front row spot...</blockquote>

Haha, I had to laugh at that. How simple I must be. I never thought about that. But you are so right!

The trick is to avoid the open lot. After you make that left turn off Alton into Diamond Plaza's main entrance, just head straight towards the factory and then make a left and head for the parking garage. You avoid all the hassles of bad drivers who don't understand what to do at a 3 way stop.

When i was dating my wife, one of our favorite places to hang out was Guppy House in Hacienda Heights. I was soooo happy to see that a new Guppy House location opened up in the Diamond District.

Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

It was a woman driver of course, asian of course and probably 50 yrs or older. It was quite a site.

[quote author="reason" date=1250118022][quote author="roundcorners" date=1250117625]you forget... the 1st gen Koreans and Chinese love to show off their Benzs and Bimmers... they love driving around and around... to find that perfect front row spot...</blockquote>

Haha, I had to laugh at that. How simple I must be. I never thought about that. But you are so right!</blockquote>

Really? I thought people only did that on Rodeo Drive. I swear I once saw this black dude on his 7 series BMW and went in circles around the same road atleast 5X.

Anyone been to the Plush Karaoke Lounge at DJ? I saw a sign for it while waiting in the New Capital dim sum line over the weekend. AFAIK, it is the first Karaoke establishment in Irvine.

<a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/plush-karaoke-lounge-irvine">Yelp review of Plush Karaoke lounge</a>

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1250070537]Just checked out <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/crepes-de-paris-irvine#hrid:4BL8Oi2RAQbWuJHKDbVRVA">Crepes de Paris </a>at the Diamond Jamboree plaza? up until now, the only place the wife and I know to get great crepes was <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-creperie-cafe-long-beach#hrid:QFdyhU5XZAZ5IfdoLC66Fw/src:search/query:Le Crepre Cafe">La Crepre Ca</a>f? 2nd street in Long Beach? Now we don?t have to drive that far, cause, this place is as good, and a little less! The menu and atmosphere is similar and simple; just tried the savory crepes, can?t wait to try the sweet stuff? see you there!</blockquote>

Crepes-de-Paris is just an additional waiting area for the New Capital dim sum line. I think CdP's business strategy is to snag the diners who can't take the 1 hour wait for shu mai and har gao.

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250120611]Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

It was a woman driver of course, asian of course and probably 50 yrs or older. It was quite a site.</blockquote>

The incidents that I narrowly avoided also involve this segment of drivers. I didn't want to state the facts for fear of being labeled as a .....=)

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1250122709]Anyone been to the Plush Karaoke Lounge at DJ? I saw a sign for it while waiting in the New Capital dim sum line over the weekend. AFAIK, it is the first Karaoke establishment in Irvine.

</blockquote>
Ack... there goes the neighborhood.

What's next? A "massage" parlor?

[quote author="reason" date=1250123439][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250120611]Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

It was a woman driver of course, asian of course and probably 50 yrs or older. It was quite a site.</blockquote>

The incidents that I narrowly avoided also involve this segment of drivers. I didn't want to state the facts for fear of being labeled as a .....=)</blockquote>

Hhahaha...honestly when I do park and have to cross the parking area I just walk slowly...I could care less if they hit me..and if they even touch me or craze me w/their car I will simply lie down and call 911.

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250124493][quote author="reason" date=1250123439][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250120611]Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

The incidents that I narrowly avoided also involve this segment of drivers. I didn't want to state the facts for fear of being labeled as a .....=)</blockquote>

Hhahaha...honestly when I do park and have to cross the parking area I just walk slowly...I could care less if they hit me..and if they even touch me or craze me w/their car I will simply lie down and call 911.</blockquote>

Man, you're totally opposite of me. I am serious. I walk at a very fast pace. Sometimes even sprint my way across the parking lot. I don't know how many times I left my poor wife behind. Hahaha!

Often, I would yell back to her, "Honey, hurry! They don't see us. Please hurry!!"

[quote author="reason" date=1250124662][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250124493][quote author="reason" date=1250123439][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250120611]Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

Hhahaha...honestly when I do park and have to cross the parking area I just walk slowly...I could care less if they hit me..and if they even touch me or craze me w/their car I will simply lie down and call 911.</blockquote>

Man, you're totally opposite of me. I am serious. I walk at a very fast pace. Sometimes even sprint my way across the parking lot. I don't know how many times I left my poor wife behind. Hahaha!

Often, I would yell back to her, "Honey, hurry! They don't see us. Please hurry!!"</blockquote>

Hahah...Irony...my gf says hurry lol..i'm like, F'em..i have the right of way.

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250124989][quote author="reason" date=1250124662][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250124493][quote author="reason" date=1250123439][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250120611]Also, did anyone see what happened about 6 months ago (maybe less)...a lady went forward instead of reverse or whatever it was and she barreled into the front of the optometry office near Tokyo Table. She destroyed the front and shattered all the glass ...I was surprised nobody was hurt.

Often, I would yell back to her, "Honey, hurry! They don't see us. Please hurry!!"</blockquote>

Hahah...Irony...my gf says hurry lol..i'm like, F'em..i have the right of way.</blockquote>

Oh, no. I know I have the right of way. But I also know that I have a low threshold for pain. Hahaha. Yes, when it comes to DP parking lot, I am a wimp. =)

Here is the trick. drive behind the neighboring industrial buildings via the delivery alley at the back and this no traffic path will take to to the entrance of the parking structure at the rear of the center. No sun, no crazy Asian drivers, plenty of parkings, and direct connection to the stores without ever having to stepping out to the parking lot and risk getting run over by Asian drivers.

Back