Denny's freebie hits a Grand Slam

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Is anyone doing any sort of research to see if this strategy works or is it just a big right off for the company? I know Macy's lost a lawsuit but they were hoping that the recent giveaway that resulted in similar lines was going to translate into some actual sales. Who knows, but I have a feeling that those who show up for these freebies probably won't become paying customers.
 
tmare said:
Is anyone doing any sort of research to see if this strategy works or is it just a big right off for the company? I know Macy's lost a lawsuit but they were hoping that the recent giveaway that resulted in similar lines was going to translate into some actual sales. Who knows, but I have a feeling that those who show up for these freebies probably won't become paying customers.
The Dennys that I drove by in Irvine (off Sand Canyon and the 5 freeway) had a line of 50 people outside the door at around 1pm. It was mostly elder people and young teenagers.
 
usctrojanman29 said:
tmare said:
Is anyone doing any sort of research to see if this strategy works or is it just a big right off for the company? I know Macy's lost a lawsuit but they were hoping that the recent giveaway that resulted in similar lines was going to translate into some actual sales. Who knows, but I have a feeling that those who show up for these freebies probably won't become paying customers.
The Dennys that I drove by in Irvine (off Sand Canyon and the 5 freeway) had a line of 50 people outside the door at around 1pm. It was mostly elder people and young teenagers.

So, I guess that's a no to creating new customers and finding more paying customers.
 
no_vaseline said:
The only way I'm going to eat at Denny's is if somebody pays me.

Seriously? I think it's one of the best places ever. They serve breakfast all day. What more can you ask.
 
15 years from now, this will be the only breakfast you can get in Irvine:

6d26769a885ced26_m.jpg
 
SoCal78 said:
no_vaseline said:
The only way I'm going to eat at Denny's is if somebody pays me.

Seriously? I think it's one of the best places ever. They serve breakfast all day. What more can you ask.

And you know what? So does Jack in the Box, with the added plus that the food, service, and pricing is better than Denny's.
 
The USA today had an article this morning, Denny's made money on the promotion.

Apparently the coffee and drink sales were more than enough to cover the expense of the entire meal and staff...

not to mention the literal $50 million worth of free TV coverage.
 
Back
Top