Delano vs Petaluma

Borg5000 said:
If you set aside resale, the attached is easier to maintain, costs less up front, and you never have to worry about exterior.  How much would rent would you get?

But your HOA will be higher than the detached.

Borg5000 said:
If you set aside resale, the attached is easier to maintain, costs less up front, and you never have to worry about exterior.  How much would rent would you get?

Maintaining a not so big backyard is hard to maintain?

Roof and paint are big ticket items.  If you plan to hold 10 years, you will eventually need to do some repairs and upkeep.  And your insurance is cheaper due to walls-in only coverage. 

Borg5000 said:
Roof and paint are big ticket items.  If you plan to hold 10 years, you will eventually need to do some repairs and upkeep.  And your insurance is cheaper due to walls-in only coverage.

You should read my previous posts regarding attached units. Basically your neighbors problems possibly becomes your problem. (leaks,loud noise, music)

Something like an additional room off the back wall of the great room, adjacent to the expanded dining room? That would be cool.

I think it will be hard to get the plans pass the HOA. On top of that the city.

Due to the fact, I think many people would have extended the house and add more sq ft to the downstairs and upstairs already. (I'm not sure if that has happened or else we would have seen many MacMansions every where)

YellowFever said:
acf said:
Something like an additional room off the back wall of the great room, adjacent to the expanded dining room? That would be cool.

Exactly!!! I heard the average price to do so is $200/sqft for an after-market expansion. This is very reasonable considering when you sell you'll get $480:sqft back, doubling your investment :)

I think a single floor expansion is doable. A two level floor could be complicated as your neighbor could argue that you are encroaching his "visible" airspace view. As long as your neighbors are not losing any view that they otherwise would have, you should be fine.

I think a yard is overrated anyways. Just go to the park or pools, I mean that's what your hoa is paying for. You are free to shit, piss, and dump anything in the park/pool provided you do it discretely of course.

If the real estate appraisals just care about interior square footage x price per sq ft, then fuck it I would maximize the entire space and push it as far out to the lot lines as permissible by building code.  You could have an oversized downstairs second master bedroom complete with a built-in kitchenette like Trellis court.

I don't know what the appraisal rate is for a yard but it cannot be anywhere near $480/sqft like interior space.

I am glad I am not part of your trashy neighbor mentality. The hood mentality will be with you, wether you own a Mcmansion or a condo. Thinking like you will be environmental hazard to all around you even if you have a clean zones.

YellowFever said:
Compressed-Village said:
I am glad I am not part of your trashy neighbor mentality. The hood mentality will be with you, wether you own a Mcmansion or a condo. Thinking like you will be environmental hazard to all around you even if you have a clean zones.

I was being facetious. But clearly, I'm almost positive, the Chinese who go to these pools will bring their kids who let loose in the pool, I'm certain about that. There's just no way to shake that thought. Hey, urine isn't too hazardous. As long as you don't store it for a long, long time and try to be around it. I think there are also science and studies behind drinking urine brings health benefits. So what about that?  ;)

BTW, 1 in 5 adults admit to peeing in the pool. Google it.

Why I be damn I did not know that. But if you bring your cup, I'll happy to give you some good health and fill it up for you.  :)

Back