Delano vs Petaluma

Irvinehomeseeker

What do TI members think about Delano Plan 3 vs Petaluma Plan 3?

The comparison isn't exact apples to apples, but for a buyer in the market for 4 bed new construction in Eastwood in the 800-850K range, which one would would better investment from appreciation/future resale perspective?

With pre-built upgrades included in Delano, the plan 3 would roughly be 820K I think while Petaluma plan 3 will be 900K. So from a price point, Delano would be about 350-400$ less per month.

YellowFever said:
Can you not keep creating so many threads of the same thing?

Delano Plan 1 vs. Petaluma Plan 1 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 1 ?
Delano Plan 3 vs. Petaluma Plan 1 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 2 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 3 ?
Delano Plan 3 vs. Petaluma Plan 2 ?
Delano Plan 3 vs. Petaluma Plan 3 ?

For christ sakes, just make one single fawkin' Delano vs. Petaluma and we'll have a general discussion about it with multiple pages.  JEEZES christ.

I heard you!! Topic modified

Visited Delano today. Plan 3 and Plan 2 look great.  If downstairs bedroom is not a requirement, then Plan 2 has much better layout than plan 3 in my opinion.

Got pre-approval for Petaluma Plan 1...comparing the detached Petaluma home instead of the tempting Delano Plan 3 with extra bedroom. 

I think I am going to choose Petaluma plan 1.
Is there any benefit in going for the expanded dining room instead of California room?  It is adding some sq feet to the living space but am I compromising the cool California room?  How big a deal is this?

Please share your thoughts.

ochomebuy2017 said:
Got pre-approval for Petaluma Plan 1...comparing the detached Petaluma home instead of the tempting Delano Plan 3 with extra bedroom. 

Is there any benefit in going for the expanded dining room instead of California room?  It is adding some sq feet to the living space but am I compromising the cool California room?  How big a deal is this?

I am going through the same decision  process for attached delano vs detached petaluma. The downstairs bedroom in delano plan 3 is indeed tempting...it opens up opportunities to use it as an office  or use by guests.
For petaluma I would choose the expanded dining. The downstairs useful living space is constrained in Petaluma, so an expaned dining would give you that additional space. Plus, a better appraisal value in future.

What was the base price of Petaluma plan 1 after initial/introductory offering--let's say phase 4?

eyephone said:
Adding sq ft is a better option.

When you sell your house. You would thank me.
;) :) :D

Thanks, I agree with your comments.  I am just concerned about losing the California room which seems to be a cool feature and current trend. 
When I ultimately sell, not sure if the buyers will prefer outdoor living space or extra sq feet in the house. Grrrr.....wish they did not offer me this option and confuse me  :-\

Irvinehomeseeker said:
ochomebuy2017 said:

I am going through the same decision  process for attached delano vs detached petaluma. The downstairs bedroom in delano plan 3 is indeed tempting...it opens up opportunities to use it as an office  or use by guests.
For petaluma I would choose the expanded dining. The downstairs useful living space is constrained in Petaluma, so an expaned dining would give you that additional space. Plus, a better appraisal value in future.

You are right.  I think Delano plan 3 offers privacy when used by guests.  But I still think Petaluma plan 1 is better which I think gives me the privacy all year  :)
The only question is future buyers looking for nicer outdoor living space (California room) versus bigger indoor space (extra dining room).  As I said, I would have been happier if the builder did not offer me this option.

Why am I thinking this ?  Am I buying the home for me (or) the person who will buy from me?  :eek:

YellowFever said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Visited Delano today. Plan 3 and Plan 2 look great.  If downstairs bedroom is not a requirement, then Plan 2 has much better layout than plan 3 in my opinion.

;D Told ya plan 2 was pretty good... for the money..today. The "feel" is good.  The Indians and the Vietnamese with big families will like it here.

Visited Delano plan 2 and 3 today.  Just noticed that the laundry is downstairs in residence 2...does not make sense to me. 

the laundry downstairs is not so desirable for us especially if all bedrooms are upstairs. One more trip up and down the stairs for laundry. 

YellowFever said:
Can you not keep creating so many threads of the same thing?

Delano Plan 1 vs. Petaluma Plan 1 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 1 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 2 ?
Delano Plan 2 vs. Petaluma Plan 3 ?
Delano Plan 3 vs. Petaluma Plan 2 ?
Delano Plan 3 vs. Petaluma Plan 3 ?

For christ sakes, just make one single fawkin' Delano vs. Petaluma and we'll have a general discussion about it with multiple pages.  JEEZES christ.

There should be an active moderator that cracks down on this. There are many threads that talk about the same topic. (For example backyards, window treatments)

ochomebuy2017 said:
eyephone said:
Adding sq ft is a better option.

When you sell your house. You would thank me.
;) :) :D

Thanks, I agree with your comments.  I am just concerned about losing the California room which seems to be a cool feature and current trend. 
When I ultimately sell, not sure if the buyers will prefer outdoor living space or extra sq feet in the house. Grrrr.....wish they did not offer me this option and confuse me  :-\

Again sq footage to your house is the best option. For the reason it is nearly impossible to do that after you get the keys to the house.

If you set aside resale, the attached is easier to maintain, costs less up front, and you never have to worry about exterior.  How much would rent would you get? 

Back