Cypress Village Homes

Tyler Durden said:
especially because test doesn't understand the difference between nationality and race.

Do you understand the difference between what's personal property and what's not?  ROFLMAO

bones said:
Chairman said:
Clearly proximity to freeway access is important to many people. 8)

Sure but I don't think you necessarily need to live on top of it to be in close proximity. To me, places like WB/SG are close enough. In fact, what's the difference if you live along trabuco in Woodbury versus living along trabuco in cypress village.  Isn't the location practically the same but WB is probably the superior village.

Well it might not seem so bad now, but with all the new homes they keep building and all the people that will be moving in. I foresee in the future, it will take longer to go down that small stretch on Sand Canyon.

bones said:
OpenSky said:
I can't bring myself to get excited about CV because of parking. With so many motorcourt tracts, I'm envisioning cars stacked up on streets (which aren't that wide, btw). That will make it seem transient -- and ripe for transformation to a rental village.

Am I alone / wrong in this concern?

Nope. Not alone. I share the same concern (and others) about cypress village. That's why we never considered it as a potential.  In fact, we only recently checked out mulberry after being on the house hunt for 6+ months.

I wonder if people trying to find parking over at the motorcourt homes start parking in Mulberry.

It's tough to predict how congested the parking will be, due to many variables. Some households own 1 car, some have 3 cars. Street parking sports are also freed up by some people in the Marigold back units parking behind their garage, the Magnolia and Mulberry homes have driveways for their cars to park on instead of the street. And of course there's parking near Floral Park :)

I used to live in a community where parking was horrible (sometimes overnight guest had to park half a mile away and i'd pick them up). Based on how CV is laid out, I don't forsee the same parking problems but that's just based on my observation.

Try driving around other similar OC/Irvine Communities that have been built out after work to see how congested their street parking is after build out. I believe Stonegate, Portola Springs, and Woodburry should have some similar products to CV to give you a better idea.

OpenSky said:
I can't bring myself to get excited about CV because of parking. With so many motorcourt tracts, I'm envisioning cars stacked up on streets (which aren't that wide, btw). That will make it seem transient -- and ripe for transformation to a rental village.

Am I alone / wrong in this concern?

Parking doesn't depend on court design but density and parking spaces provided.  Marigold and Magnolia are less dense than Mulberry and Marigold has more than the required number of parking spaces.  So whatever density you consider Mulberry the overall situation is better than that.

OpenSky said:
So we're through the preapproval process, on the priority list, etc... And got the call this week from Marigold sales office, they have our preferred floor plan and preferred location and ok price... But I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
CV has an extraordinarily high ratio of apartments to homes (with more on the way....) and there is a good chance the rental-ness will make for lower performing schools, that many of the homes will flip to rentals (based on parking hassles and density fatigue) and that will have a downward spiral effect on home value.

So, we're passing. I think.

I don't see how people who rent will lead to lower performing schools? Sounds like you are just stereotyping people who rent. Those apartments aren't exactly cheap either. If anything it brings more diversity to the area. Also, the apartments have plenty of parking that I don't see them parking in the other communities where it will be an issue.

OpenSky said:
So we're through the preapproval process, on the priority list, etc... And got the call this week from Marigold sales office, they have our preferred floor plan and preferred location and ok price... But I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
CV has an extraordinarily high ratio of apartments to homes (with more on the way....) and there is a good chance the rental-ness will make for lower performing schools, that many of the homes will flip to rentals (based on parking hassles and density fatigue) and that will have a downward spiral effect on home value.

I am curious when you got on the priority list and how quickly you got the call?

OpenSky said:

I too am concerned about all the new apartments they are adding.  More apartments means more people and more cars and more crowd.  I do wish they would build more single family homes instead of apartments to make it less dense.

I was just talking with Mr. Zerolot the other day as to why Irvine is suddenly adding so many apartments to that area recently.  It already has tons, why add more?  I don't get it.  Are there THAT many people that still need rentals? 

It is true that more apartments do bring down home values but I don't think it will effect the school performances much.  Those are NOT cheap apartments.  Unless they make it affordable housing type apartments.  Then that would make me very irritated.

Once irvine company sells all it's land thats it. If they build apartments the cash flow is there for as long as the apartments are there. All of there cash flow generating real estate will always keep TIC alive, if all it did was sell its irvine land it would die off - that's my guess.

OpenSky said:
Chairman said:
OpenSky said:

I don't see how people who rent will lead to lower performing schools? Sounds like you are just stereotyping people who rent. Those apartments aren't exactly cheap either. If anything it brings more diversity to the area. Also, the apartments have plenty of parking that I don't see them parking in the other communities where it will be an issue.

I don't know the socioeconomic makeup of the apartment dwellers. But as a potential homeowner, I don't like the idea of being surrounded by so many transient households. Kids tend to come and go mid school year, there's typically more noise at night, and it lends to an atmosphere that feels unsettled.

Kindof like being in the city but without the benefits...

We lived in the north end of Woodbury for a time and CV feels very much like that -- without the balance of the different sections Woodbury provides.

believe me, I want to like CV but I also don't want to regret my decision.

Are there villages that have no apartments communities in Irvine?

Back