Cypress Village Homes

iacrenter said:
test said:
You should tell that to the poor folks paying $4m to live right next to the 110.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angeles/900-W-Olympic-Blvd-90015/unit-44G/home/49799717

Apples to oranges comparison. I'm sure CV is a great place to live and has many good qualities but being adjacent to the 5 is not one of them. It is still enjoyable to see you defend that position.

You said:

iacrenter said:
I don't see how you will make CV's adjacent air/noise polluting I-5 freeway any less distant.

Does that mean:

1) The condo in LA is an apple, it is mobile and can move further away from the freeway over time unlike the oranges in CV that are stationary?

or

2) The 110 freeway is an orange and doesn't have any air/noise pollution like the apple 5 freeway?

People in LA move to prime areas for convenient purposes and that's like many big cities.  That's why there is no comparison. For irvine suburbia, its different. Although not sure if you'll get much view or noise level from the 5 from cv.

test said:
iacrenter said:
test said:
You should tell that to the poor folks paying $4m to live right next to the 110.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angeles/900-W-Olympic-Blvd-90015/unit-44G/home/49799717

Apples to oranges comparison. I'm sure CV is a great place to live and has many good qualities but being adjacent to the 5 is not one of them. It is still enjoyable to see you defend that position.

You said:

iacrenter said:
I don't see how you will make CV's adjacent air/noise polluting I-5 freeway any less distant.

Does that mean:

1) The condo in LA is an apple, it is mobile and can move further away from the freeway over time unlike the oranges in CV that are stationary?

or

2) The 110 freeway is an orange and doesn't have any air/noise pollution like the apple 5 freeway?

Just for fun let us look at differences between LA at Staples Center/LA Live versus Cypress Village:

LA
--High density community, many high rise condo projects in area
--Walking distance access to LA Live complex including bars, restaurants, clubs, sporting venues etc...
--Close proximity to major downtown office towers

CV
--Lower density stucco beige boxes with little to no yards
--Walking distance to a generic strip mall

People buy $4M condos at LA Live NOT because of the proximity to the 110 freeway but all the other area amenities. So unless you will be turning CV into LA in the next few years, many potential buyers in IRVINE will consider freeway proximity in their purchase. Use the search button and you will see several threads regarding home purchasing and road noise/pollution.

I live about 25 minutes from the closest freeway and while it is nice to be more secluded from the hustle and bustle, it has become very inconvenient and a pain driving back and forth just to get to the freeway. In my recent home purchase, I was looking to be closer to a major freeway and am happy having such easy access. Again it is all perspective but there are plenty of people out there that want to live closer to the freeway as opposed to further.

convenience to the freeway is good as long as you cant hear it. i am 1.5 miles from the 55, 2 miles from the 5, the 405 is a bit further at 3.7 miles.

iacrenter said:
test said:
iacrenter said:
test said:

You said:

iacrenter said:

Does that mean:

or

Just for fun let us look at differences between LA at Staples Center/LA Live versus Cypress Village:

LA
--High density community, many high rise condo projects in area
--Walking distance access to LA Live complex including bars, restaurants, clubs, sporting venues etc...
--Close proximity to major downtown office towers

CV
--Lower density stucco beige boxes with little to no yards
--Walking distance to a generic strip mall

People buy $4M condos at LA Live NOT because of the proximity to the 110 freeway but all the other area amenities. So unless you will be turning CV into LA in the next few years, many potential buyers in IRVINE will consider freeway proximity in their purchase. Use the search button and you will see several threads regarding home purchasing and road noise/pollution.

I'm considering Cypress Village and proximity to the freeway IS important to me, so I agree.

OpenSky said:
It's 29% Latino, which includes Mexicans (along with other Latinos - Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Brazilians, etc).

You did a classic racist move and stereotyped an entire race as "Mexican," where the data doesn't reflect that subgroup - it reflects the superset, not the subset.

You are confusing test. You need to use easier words when conversing with test. He doesnt know the meaning of superset nor subset.....hence no reply back.

One reason I dislike Rancho PV is that it takes 30-40 minutes with a million traffic lights to get to the freeway.

zubs said:
One reason I dislike Rancho PV is that it takes 30-40 minutes with a million traffic lights to get to the freeway.

That's the same reason I didn't choose Lake Forest.  It takes 15 minutes on all green or 30 minutes with some red lights just to get myself to a freeway.  Of course it's 10 minutes to a toll road but I'd rather not pay toll.

The homes in Lake Forest are large spacious with the 10,000 sq. feet lot sizes.  But it all comes down to the commute for the family.  Hence I chose CV.

being relatively close to the FWY is important.  I like CV's general location. 

You have people on here disecting the most trivial things. Splitting hairs on things that are probably first world problems. Anyways, all the villages are great in their own ways. :)

I just saw phase 11 sheets for CV. They are offering electrical and structural options in order to move product.

OpenSky said:
Chairman said:
I just saw phase 11 sheets for CV. They are offering electrical and structural options in order to move product.

Phase 11 of which community?

And are you sure those aren't cancellations that already have preinstalled options?

Back