Cox Woodbury calls cops on FCB kids

You'll be happy know know California's minimum wage is now $10.50.

And I don't blame them for having a fit with Cox. If you don't watch your bill carefully, they're always sneaking a few dollars here and there. Plus their internet service is crappy, not working well half of the time.

Burn That Belly said:
As I came out of my massage, I noticed that IPD showed up in front of Cox and an employee was holding the door open and quickly flagged him to come inside. Within a few minutes, the cop takes an incredibly young azn couple outside. The azn girl was holding what appears to be her bill. The azn boy at this point is flailing his arms towards the ground getting distressed. The cop goes back inside and comes back out a number of times. Another azn couple also shows up (probably their friends) a short time later. The cop finally tells them what they need to hear (civil dispute, don't go back inside or I'll have you arrested for trespassing..blah blah). They both do not return inside while they start to make some phone calls outside. As I observe a bit more, I can hear them clearly speaking their FCB language among each other.

I reckon that these folks threw a massive fit and COX's $10/hr employee was having none of it.

Surprised to see FCB kids losing their composure in Amurica. I mean, come on, what's another $100 to your cable bill?  ;D

HhuWEKn.jpg

communications companies are always shady with their bills.  This is an industry that needs big change.

Another spin to the story. Maybe the IPD should hire more Asian speaking officers.

I?m not suprised that this happened. OR Maybe Cox should have a Chinese speaking rep if most of the customers speak Chinese. (Just saying)

I really don?t care, because I don?t have cable or satellite.
#cutthecord

I would speculate that the person signed up for introductory officer, which only lasts for set period before the price get bumped up.  You could always call the cable company and ask them to lower your rate.  Be polite but firm and persistent, hang up and try again later if necessary.

ACME Company:  "Hello this is Jon reading from a script, how may I provide you with generic service today?"

You:  "Hello, I would like to request a lower rate for my cable/insurance/alarm/etc monthly bill.  Roadrunner Company is offering the same package for $$ per month and I wanted to see if there's anything you can do for me"

ACME Company:  "Hello I'm very sorry but the monthly rates are fixed because..."

You:  "I've been with your company for x months/years and would like to continue being your customer, but your rates are just too high.  Is there anything you can do for me?  What if I choose a different plan or bundle?"

ACME Company:  "We do have a hardship reduction.  Just say you got laid off"

You:  "Oh, um, I'm on unemployment and need to save money..."

ACME Company:  "I can reduce your bill by 50% for next 12 months"

You:  "Deal!"

ACME Company:  "Your new rate will be reflected in the next bill.  Just call back again in 12 months.  Have a nice day!"

If you really need to watch tv and want to SAVE cash money. Then you should consider Sling $20 a month which includes ESPN. It streams off your internet like Netflix.
(I don?t know how they make money, but that?s not my problem)

eyephone said:
Another spin to the story. Maybe the IPD should hire more Asian speaking officers.

I?m not suprised that this happened. OR Maybe Cox should have a Chinese speaking rep if most of the customers speak Chinese. (Just saying)

#cutthecord

Given that Woodbury is the closest (operating) shopping center to the Great Park, and the Great Park houses have sold so well to foreign Chinese buyers, it would indeed make sense for all the stores over there to have at least 1 Mandarin speaking staff.

On the other hand, I wonder what kind of effort the citizens of Irvine can do to welcome and help integrate new immigrants. Maybe some kind of organized lunch, block party, etc for people to get to know their neighbors. Unfamiliarity and loneliness are breeding grounds for suspicion and misunderstanding. I know it's fun to make fun of ignorant mainlanders but probably not very useful for the future of Irvine.

HMart said:
eyephone said:

#cutthecord

Given that Woodbury is the closest (operating) shopping center to the Great Park, and the Great Park houses have sold so well to foreign Chinese buyers, it would indeed make sense for all the stores over there to have at least 1 Mandarin speaking staff.

On the other hand, I wonder what kind of effort the citizens of Irvine can do to welcome and help integrate new immigrants. Maybe some kind of organized lunch, block party, etc for people to get to know their neighbors. Unfamiliarity and loneliness are breeding grounds for suspicion and misunderstanding. I know it's fun to make fun of ignorant mainlanders but probably not very useful for the future of Irvine.
Ignorance is not knowing how to behave.  Classlessness is knowing how to behave but choosing not to. Let's not confuse the two.

You think its out of ignorance that certain demographics like to sneak into neighborhood parks at night to dump their household trash? You think they don't know they're not supposed to do that?

You think its out of ignorance that certain demographics like to smoke in front of no smoking signs? You think they don't know they're not supposed to do that?

HMart said:
eyephone said:

#cutthecord

Exactly. It makes perfect sense. Perfect example DJ center.

Do we even know what exactly happened here ? We are just making assumptions aren?t we .  Wonder if there is any reporting on any of the local media outlets .

fortune11 said:
Do we even know what exactly happened here ? We are just making assumptions aren?t we .  Wonder if there is any reporting on any of the local media outlets .

It?s probably nothing.

Since this is cable topic. Sling is very good quality. I tried the 7 day trial to watch the super bowl and streamed flawless.

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:

It?s probably nothing.

Since this is cable topic. Sling is very good quality. I tried the 7 day trial to watch the super bowl and streamed flawless.

Interesting - will have to look into this . I am getting killed on my cox bill .

Do you have the ability to record multiple shows at the same time ?

HMart said:
eyephone said:

#cutthecord

The effort should primarily fall on those that don't speak the language of this country.  Learn the language.  Foreigners CHOSE to live in the US...then learn how to speak English.  Why are DMV written tests also administered in Korean, Chinese and Spanish?  If you can't read the road signs, then you don't deserve a license. 

My_Alter_Ego said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

#cutthecord

The effort should primarily fall on those that don't speak the language of this country.  Learn the language.  Foreigners CHOSE to live in the US...then learn how to speak English.  Why are DMV written tests also administered in Korean, Chinese and Spanish?  If you can't read the road signs, then you don't deserve a license.

Yes , it is perfectly normal for anyone arriving in this country from a different culture to speak fluent English from day one

I am sure the Italian and German ancestors of many whites also knew fluent English the day they got checked into Ellis island

How do you know that these immigrants are not trying ? And would it kill you to lend them a helping hand ?

I am sure many of them can actually read English better than our over privileged doofus-in-chief sitting in the Oval Office who can only read fast food menus and nothing else :)

I have no details of this particular cox cable story so I am not assuming anything . Maybe these indeed are bad actors . But see how easy it is to generalize ?

fortune11 said:
My_Alter_Ego said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

#cutthecord

Yes , it is perfectly normal for anyone arriving in this country from a different culture to speak fluent English from day one

I am sure the Italian and German ancestors of many whites also knew fluent English the day they got checked into Ellis island

How do you know that these immigrants are not trying ? And would it kill you to lend them a helping hand ?

I am sure many of them can actually read English better than our over privileged doofus-in-chief sitting in the Oval Office who can only read fast food menus and nothing else :)

I have no details of this particular cox cable story so I am not assuming anything . Maybe these indeed are bad actors . But see how easy it is to generalize ?

My mom could read, write and speak four languages all fluently when she stepped foot on U. S. soil....... Dutch, German, French and English.

But that was when we were a great country that people came to to work and assimilate, not for handouts.

Is there any other country that insists that they have multiple languages in every possible place? For pete's sake, go to Cancun and the main bus terminal is full of Americans, Canadians and whoever else buying tix to the airport or other longer range trips and not one sign is any language but Spanish, not even the sign with the fares.

We are enablers. No need to assimilate to get money here just show up and say I don't speak English but I need money.

And I wasn't born here either but I speak English, not French because this is AMERICA, once a country we could be proud of. Know what my European relatives think of us? They use to think America was great and mighty, a place to look up to, but that all changed in the last decade. They call us weak and lazy. And that is what we have become, not something I'm proud of.

Back