Costco's Kirkland Beer and other surprise beers I find...

Sounds good, looks like available at the Bevmo on irvine center drive... not a fan of heavy stouts.. but seems like this one is more crisp and light like a lager?  can't wait to try

Hey NQ....not sure if anyone did so.. but welcome to TI... always welcome a new member that contributes... hope those garage racks are working out.. and of course.. anyone who posts in my beer thread gets a thank you....

I didn't know delirium tremens was highly regarded.. I actually looked at it at Costco a couple weeks ago.. too bad it's gone now  :'(

I did get this..

Not bad... I do like bitters/hoppy beers more now... anyways.. welcome again to TI..

Actually just got back from the spectrum costco.  Picked up some diapers and 91/9 lean ground beef!

HH at Slaters sounds tempting!

Great light beer for hot weather/greasy food/fried stuff/asian food... been getting this from the local Trader Joe's for awhile... if you want a beer you can gulp.. look no more..

Costco at the District has Ballast Point variety pack at around $30 for a 24 pack case... saw two IPAs in the mix.. should be good...

No Quarter said:
The Asahi black is VERY hard to come by. It's a euro style dark lager like the Heinekin Dark. However, it's only distributed to specialty retailers like bevMo, TotalWine or Asian food stores.
It's excellent if you like roasted coffee-like flavors from the roasted malt.

Asahi Black is regularly stocked at Mitsuwa in Irvine. Just picked some up this week. Good stuff.

2gtylx3.jpg

ps9 said:
Costco at the District has Ballast Point variety pack at around $30 for a 24 pack case... saw two IPAs in the mix.. should be good...
Ballast point makes some world class beer, but you gotta be careful with the date.  Ballast Point Sculpin is freakin delicious from a fresh tap, not so much from old bottles.  Costco's 750ml selection is getting better, but Total Wine has the best selection in Irvine.  I've noticed Trader Joe's getting better 750s also.  Glad to see The Bruery and Alesmith there. 

jayl23 said:
I do like the Asahi Black, but the Kostritzer Schwarzbier (ya ya German ya ya) will always have a special place in my heart, because it is THE beer that turned me onto beers in general.  I was never a beer person before this, then I had this in Germany while on a business trip, and I was forever changed.  Must have been a combination of the jet lag and great food, but I still remember that beer tasted like dark chocolate and malt, unlike any other beers I've tasted before.  Lucky for us, it's readily available pretty much everywhere:
http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=4573

and a little review:http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/648/1774

Glass_of_K%C3%B6stritzer_Schwarzbier.jpg

Brewery was founded in 1543, so yea, they know what they're doing.

I picked up a 6pack at BevMo this weekend. I expected it to have a bitter taste given its dark complexion. But no, this thing tastes silky smooth and no bitterness. I was pleasantly surprised and plan to enjoy the rest of the pack. Thanks for the great recommendation!

Ballast Point variety pack at Costco again, picked up 24 btls for $31, Big Eye IPA, Sculpin IPA, pale ale, etc.  Stock up now, saw plenty of beer dudes piling the cases into their carts.  Just for a price comparison, a six pack of Sculpin goes for around $15 at my local grocer. 

Back