coronavirus

Science, more science. In plain English, the mRNA vaccine may weaken your immune system against cancer and other diseases. So much science let's see what the ignorant fool IHO can say

Innate Immune Suppression by SARS-CoV-2 mRNA : The role of G-quadruplexes, exosomes and microRNAs

These disturbances are shown to have a potentially direct causal link to neurodegenerative disease, myocarditis, immune thrombocytopenia, Bell?s palsy, liver disease, impaired adaptive immunity, increased tumorigenesis, and DNA damage
https://www.researchgate.net/public...role_of_G-quadruplexes_exosomes_and_microRNAs

akula1488 said:
Science, more science. In plain English, the mRNA vaccine may weaken your immune system against cancer and other diseases. So much science let's see what the ignorant fool IHO can say
Always remember akula gonna be akula

Wow I wish everyone knew this undeniable fact. Don't know exactly how many nonvaccinated individuals have died from Covid (has to be pretty small - hopefully you can post a link) but I bet all are so grateful they didn't risk a vaccine injury instead. Too bad we can't ask them, but your heart knows the answer. You are showing your true selflessness and are an inspiration to all of your followers. Even though no TIer asked or wants you to, you continually post information to help us all out. No wonder you are so beloved in this forum! How's that ivermectin working out?

Doesn't that ignorant fool IHO, aka the akula1488 clock-cleaner, realize that you have a Ph.D (piled high and deeper) in SM (Science Misunderstanding)? You consistently post reliable, 100% vetted and guaranteed to support your narrative links. He's so ignorant he can't recognize that your personal requests are a cry for a bromance. Hope he doesn't break your heart by ignoring you. Good thing it wouldn't hurt your self-esteem though, I mean, what's lower than zero? You're so fortunate.

I heard that reading about Kim and Kanye MAY cause serious mental issues including anxiety and depression. I figured you would want to warn everybody about that because it's probably affects more people than a vaccine.

In plain English - In 2020, an estimated 156,300 preventable injury-related deaths occurred in homes and communities, or about 78% of all preventable injury-related deaths that year. The number of deaths was up 18.9% from the 2019 total of 131,400. An additional 46,800,000 people suffered nonfatal medically consulted injuries. You need to jump on that and warn people to not live in homes - too fricking dangerous! You like how I added these facts? I learned from my hero - YOU!
https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/home-an...ffered nonfatal medically consulted injuries.

You inspire me to hum this song when I read your posts. Like you have a personal relationship with it - possibly even wrote it.

"I started a joke
Which started the whole world crying
But I didn't see
That the joke was on me, oh no

I started to cry
Which started the whole world laughing
Oh, if I'd only seen
That the joke was on me"

More from the Ivory Towers at Johns Hopkins...

?A Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Lockdowns on COVID-19 Mortality? found lockdowns during the pandemic?s early phase in 2020 only reduced COVID-19 mortality by about 0.2%.

?We find no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality,? the researchers wrote.

However, the lockdowns in the U.S. and Europe did have ?devastating effects? on the economy and society at large, the paper claimed.

?They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence and undermining liberal democracy,? the researchers said.

?Overall, we conclude that lockdowns are not an effective way of reducing mortality rates during a pandemic, at least not during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic,? the paper concluded.

This major study rebukes the official talking point from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Economic Forum (WEF), that lockdowns were an essential tool to combat the China Virus pandemic.

?Large scale social distancing measures and movement restrictions, often referred to as ?lockdowns?, can slow COVID-19 transmission by limiting contact between people,? the WHO website states.
https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/f...ffects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

morekaos said:

Do you even bother to check these tabloid posts you regurgitate?

All 3 authors are economists, one from John Hopkins... so this isn't a medical science based "study". That's why it's called a literature review and an analysis. Basically an OpEd with a skewed conclusion.

Try reading this, which discusses the fallacies in your "study":
https://www.truthorfiction.com/lock...ality-but-had-devastating-effects-on-society/

Has Anyone Else Looked at Whether ?Lockdowns? Reduced Mortality From COVID-19?
Science and medicine fact-checking site Health Feedback addressed the topic in May 2021, thanks to a misleading New York Post item making the same claims as the paper?s authors.

They reviewed the claims, concluding:

Scientific evidence shows that lockdowns reduce the spread of COVID-19 and save lives, so the claim made by the New York Post that lockdowns ?don?t appear to have saved lives? is false.

Lockdowns can have varying consequences on the economy, depending on how strictly they are applied and how a country manages its reopening. Although lockdowns have also contributed to economic recession and high unemployment rates, they can pay off in the long run, as [an International Monetary Fund (IMF)] analysis suggests. If lockdowns are strictly applied and the spread of the virus is brought under control, this would likewise limit the cases of illness and death in a population. These have an overall net positive effect on the economy, enabling a more rapid return to economic activity, thereby speeding up economic recovery.

That analysis noted that a false binary of either choosing ?mitigation? or ?the economy? was often presented, noting that unchecked spread of the virus had detrimental economic effects, too:

However, not locking down and letting the virus spread without restrictions would also harm the economy, the IMF found. Even when no lockdown is imposed, people may choose to practice physical distancing to avoid being infected, which also harms the economy.

In a section titled ?Scientists? Feedback,? Health Feedback obtained comment from a none-too-pleased author of the New York Post?s source material. Unsurprisingly, it had been misrepresented, likely to gin up agenda-driven pageviews:

Vivian Ho, Professor, Rice University, Baylor College of Medicine:

I am disappointed that the results of my study have been misinterpreted. You?ll see from the title of the press release for this report that the conclusions are the opposite of the New York Post[?s] claims:
http://news.rice.edu/2020/12/17/ear...-covid-19-spread-baker-institute-paper-finds/

The report finds that the benefits of lockdowns in reducing deaths don?t occur immediately. Instead, they occur several months down the road. To quote directly from the report: ??the increasingly strong relationship between high levels of openness and high DDPM [daily deaths per million] suggests that lockdowns have been effective in both reducing DDPM in highly infected states and in preventing new spikes in deaths. Additionally, this trend implies that states that are more open are susceptible to higher COVID-19 death rates.?

Finally, a note was added to the review:

NOTE (12 May 2021):
After our review was published, the New York Post corrected their article by removing the inaccurate claim that lockdowns did not save lives (see archive of corrected article).

Summary

The Daily Wire continued acting as a disinformation superspreader with its February 1 2022 item, ?Johns Hopkins Study: Lockdowns Had ?Little To No Effect On COVID-19 Mortality? But Had ?Devastating? Effects On Society.? The referenced ?study? was demoted to a ?working paper? in the piece?s text, and its content was further cherry-picked to appeal to confirmation bias (successfully, as we first found it on Trendolizer.com). Health Feedback, a science and medicine focused fact checking site, debunked previous claims that ?lockdowns? did not reduce mortality. As for the paper, its authors primarily dealt in the field of economics ? not medicine nor public health. It would be remiss not to note that one of the paper?s authors regularly criticized shelter-in-place directives on social media, repeatedly describing requirements for vaccines in public places as ?fascist.?

Disinformation is gonna disinformation.

Sad.

OK...how about Lancet throwing in the towel?...

COVID-19 will continue but the end of the pandemic is near

For example, the death toll from omicron seems to be similar in most countries to the level of a bad influenza season in northern hemisphere countries. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated the worse influenza season during the past decade in 2017?18 caused about 52?000 influenza deaths with a likely peak of more than 1500 deaths per day.
The era of extraordinary measures by government and societies to control SARS-CoV-2 transmission will be over. After the omicron wave, COVID-19 will return but the pandemic will not.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00100-3/fulltext

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Do you even bother to check these tabloid posts you regurgitate?

All 3 authors are economists, one from John Hopkins... so this isn't a medical science based "study". That's why it's called a literature review and an analysis. Basically an OpEd with a skewed conclusion.

Try reading this, which discusses the fallacies in your "study":
https://www.truthorfiction.com/lock...ality-but-had-devastating-effects-on-society/

Has Anyone Else Looked at Whether ?Lockdowns? Reduced Mortality From COVID-19?
Science and medicine fact-checking site Health Feedback addressed the topic in May 2021, thanks to a misleading New York Post item making the same claims as the paper?s authors.

They reviewed the claims, concluding:

Scientific evidence shows that lockdowns reduce the spread of COVID-19 and save lives, so the claim made by the New York Post that lockdowns ?don?t appear to have saved lives? is false.

Lockdowns can have varying consequences on the economy, depending on how strictly they are applied and how a country manages its reopening. Although lockdowns have also contributed to economic recession and high unemployment rates, they can pay off in the long run, as [an International Monetary Fund (IMF)] analysis suggests. If lockdowns are strictly applied and the spread of the virus is brought under control, this would likewise limit the cases of illness and death in a population. These have an overall net positive effect on the economy, enabling a more rapid return to economic activity, thereby speeding up economic recovery.

That analysis noted that a false binary of either choosing ?mitigation? or ?the economy? was often presented, noting that unchecked spread of the virus had detrimental economic effects, too:

However, not locking down and letting the virus spread without restrictions would also harm the economy, the IMF found. Even when no lockdown is imposed, people may choose to practice physical distancing to avoid being infected, which also harms the economy.

In a section titled ?Scientists? Feedback,? Health Feedback obtained comment from a none-too-pleased author of the New York Post?s source material. Unsurprisingly, it had been misrepresented, likely to gin up agenda-driven pageviews:

Vivian Ho, Professor, Rice University, Baylor College of Medicine:

I am disappointed that the results of my study have been misinterpreted. You?ll see from the title of the press release for this report that the conclusions are the opposite of the New York Post[?s] claims:
http://news.rice.edu/2020/12/17/ear...-covid-19-spread-baker-institute-paper-finds/

The report finds that the benefits of lockdowns in reducing deaths don?t occur immediately. Instead, they occur several months down the road. To quote directly from the report: ??the increasingly strong relationship between high levels of openness and high DDPM [daily deaths per million] suggests that lockdowns have been effective in both reducing DDPM in highly infected states and in preventing new spikes in deaths. Additionally, this trend implies that states that are more open are susceptible to higher COVID-19 death rates.?

Finally, a note was added to the review:

NOTE (12 May 2021):
After our review was published, the New York Post corrected their article by removing the inaccurate claim that lockdowns did not save lives (see archive of corrected article).

Summary

The Daily Wire continued acting as a disinformation superspreader with its February 1 2022 item, ?Johns Hopkins Study: Lockdowns Had ?Little To No Effect On COVID-19 Mortality? But Had ?Devastating? Effects On Society.? The referenced ?study? was demoted to a ?working paper? in the piece?s text, and its content was further cherry-picked to appeal to confirmation bias (successfully, as we first found it on Trendolizer.com). Health Feedback, a science and medicine focused fact checking site, debunked previous claims that ?lockdowns? did not reduce mortality. As for the paper, its authors primarily dealt in the field of economics ? not medicine nor public health. It would be remiss not to note that one of the paper?s authors regularly criticized shelter-in-place directives on social media, repeatedly describing requirements for vaccines in public places as ?fascist.?

Disinformation is gonna disinformation.

Sad.

You are citing an article written in 2020?...The science has "changed"...right?

Early lockdowns were key in reducing ultimate COVID-19 spread, Baker Institute paper finds
JEFF FALK ? DECEMBER 17, 2020
POSTED IN: NEWS RELEASES

You are using this as a "Fact Checker"?...talk about "opinion"...

TruthOrFiction.com (also TruthOrFiction.org) is a "mythbusting" website[1][2][3][4] about urban legends, Internet rumors, and other questionable stories or photographs.

TruthOrFiction.com was founded by Rich Buhler, a journalist, speaker, and author who was also known as the "Father of Modern Christian Talk Radio" at KBRT.[5]

The topics are researched by TruthOrFiction's staff, and rated "Truth" (if true), or "Fiction" (if untrue). When the accuracy is not known with certainty, the stories are rated "Unproven," "Disputed," "Reported to be Truth" or "Reported to be Fiction." Partially true stories are rated "Truth & Fiction," "Truth But Inaccurate Details," or similar.[6][7]

3579 deaths today.

2669 7 day death average.

61,000 plus dead in January.  That?s a smoking bad flu year in one month.

morekaos said:

For example, the death toll from omicron seems to be similar in most countries to the level of a bad influenza season in northern hemisphere countries. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated the worse influenza season during the past decade in 2017?18 caused about 52?000 influenza deaths with a likely peak of more than 1500 deaths per day.
The era of extraordinary measures by government and societies to control SARS-CoV-2 transmission will be over. After the omicron wave, COVID-19 will return but the pandemic will not.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00100-3/fulltext

morekaos said:

Not sure about your point here.

Isn't this what the every government is trying to do, avoid previous levels of lockdowns? That's why we vaccinate and mask... so that "extraordinary measures" won't be needed.

And I don't see anyone mention this because it would be against their narrative but has anyone noticed that places are closing their inside dining areas... voluntarily... not from some city/state/fed mandate?

In Irvine, McDonald's, Panda Express, DaLuau and a few others no longer allow indoor dining. It's a combination of the Omicron surge and not enough staff (due to illness).

Businesses are also enforcing masks more now.

That's what would have happened voluntarily if there were no lockdowns... economy would have suffered anyways.

If virus is gonna virus... unchecked... more people would have got sick and died... despite morekaos' misunderstanding of flattening the curve... resulting in even a harder economic hit.

morekaos said:
You are citing an article written in 2020?...The science has "changed"...right?

Early lockdowns were key in reducing ultimate COVID-19 spread, Baker Institute paper finds
JEFF FALK ? DECEMBER 17, 2020
POSTED IN: NEWS RELEASES

Again, poor reading comprehension.

The link I provided was posted 2/1/22.

They were comparing your "John Hopkins study" to another article that made the same claim.

And while we are nitpicking, your "study" said:

"found lockdowns during the pandemic?s early phase in 2020"

So... uh... same timeline which makes the comparison even more accurate.

Just goes to show... you are full of disinformation, even trying to disinform about my rebuttal.

Really sad.

Edit: You modified your post... trying to poke holes in TruthOrFiction... so now you are vetting sources? So hilarious. You are a tabloid. I would suggest you read the content to understand, but that didn't work with flattening the curve so you are a lost cause.

Still cricket from the ignorant fool IHO.

News around the world:
Japan biotech company is looking at anti viral properties of IVM.

Science:
Rapid cancer progression due to vaccine.
Weakened immunity against cancer and other diseases due to mRNA vaccine

Data:
US has much higher COVID death to vaccination ratio than India, Africa.

akula1488 said:
Still cricket from the ignorant fool IHO.

News around the world:
Japan biotech company is looking at anti viral properties of IVM.

Science:
Rapid cancer progression due to vaccine.
Weakened immunity against cancer and other diseases due to mRNA vaccine

Data:
US has much higher COVID death to vaccination ratio than India, Africa.

Always remember akula gonna be akula - he's also a noted songwriter

I'm feeling your pain brother. IHO is not responding to your hopeless cries for relevancy and maybe ghosting you. I was beginning to worry that you were headed for an abusive relationship, but now maybe it's time to move on to a different chat board where you can receive the love you so richly deserve. Kind of surprising though, no one can figure out why IHO (or anyone else) rejected you and I mean NO ONE. Don't worry, I'll be here to provide the support you thrive on just in case no one else does. ;)

Love how you just throw out statements using the best principals of "truthiness"! You took it to a new high and climbed to the top of Orchard Hills (not too far from West Irvine) and yelled WHO NEEDS FRICKING FACTS!!! Well done.

Great news! Due to my loyal following to you I have received many PM from fellow TIers containing compliments and questions. Wow your glorious flock is accepting me - I feel so honored. The answer to the #1 question is yes akula1488 was vaccinated - can't tell you if by Pfizer or Moderna because that is confidential. But suppose (hypothetically of course) that someone who got vaccinated early on, later had a breakthrough infection, had an unpleasant time with recovery, and now suffers from long Covid (i.e. depression, worsening mental problems etc.) is anti-vaxx, a little disorientated and angry. Wouldn't that person deserve our symphony and understanding - is that too much to ask? I know someone might have too much sheepishness to ask, so I have to do it for them.

Found another song written by mentor:

Poor poor pitiful me
Poor poor pitiful me
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe, woe is me

Translation:
Ignore any information that goes against the narrative being fed to me and that I believe, regardless of sources (including John Hopkings, The Lancelot, various research websites, Reuters, public hearing hold by a sitting US senator...etc).

I am already trying to avoid using sources from right leaning places like Fox News and Daily mail, New York Post etc. Or even Twitter/Joe Rogan.
As I said I am moderate so I look at both ends but for what I share here I want to use neutral and reputable sources.

As I alluded before, sheeple gonna sheeple.

irvinehomeowner said:
I've decided to stop engaging in providing sustenance to poorly researched opinions.

akula1488 said:
Translation:
Ignore any information that goes against the narrative being fed to me and that I believe, regardless of sources (including John Hopkings,

As I said I am moderate so I look at both ends but for what I share here I want to use neutral and reputable sources.

As I alluded before, sheeple gonna sheeple.

Always remember akula gonna be akula - baa, baa, you blinked, black sheep

GREAT RESPONSE! So please tell us who is feeding you your narrative? I'm sure everyone wants to know so we can ALL EAT from the same source. Got to join you in your sheeple gonna sheeple party. You definitely want to show that your goal is to help all mankind and will let us all know.

You've consistently demonstrated that you have been looking at both ends forever, you sneaky moderate, but I just can't remember, so just a polite request to provide one link and commentary supporting the vaccine and one link/commentary not supporting the vaccine. I know how fair and balanced you are but sometimes you just have to educate those ignorant fools who just don't get it.

A couple more articles for you and "other" posters, including one from your beloved John Hopkins:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea... case of an,provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...at-we-thought-we-knew-about-natural-immunity/

akula1488 said:
Data point of the day.
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths

If you add Israel, it has the highest COVID deaths per capita TODAY. But it has the highest vaccination rate among its population and they are on 4th shot already.

India is way lower despite low vaccination rate.

Remember akula gonna be akula - such a humanitarian

Pretty sure this will be another one of those "Ignore any information that goes against the narrative being fed to me" moments. Your feeder will be disappointed in today's spread the word campaign which lacks your usual bravado. You're giving sheep a bad name today. I have to give props to whoever is supplying you with India information and telling you to post about it because NO one else in the world (including the website referenced above) admits they have this information.

I do appreciate you highlighting TODAY - very honest and noble of you. Israel was actually pretty good for the past two years, but many are now ignoring basic covid protection protocols and paying the price - their 4th shot rate is much much lower than before, just in time for Omicrom :(. The web site is showing the US death rate is currently rising so this definitely gives us an indication of where we are headed. Glad you are warning people if we continue our ways things are only going to get much worse. Appreciate your update and warning that we need to double down on proper protocols. Thank you

Back