coronavirus

zovall said:
eyephone said:
zovall said:
The LA Times has some useful metrics for Orange County:https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/orange-county/

I did not see the numbers broken out by political party but there is a chart showing demographics by race (attached).

This has nothing to do with covid.

It is showing which demographics are vaccine hesitant in Orange County. We need to educate and enable those who are hesitant.

I take it back it has to do with covid. If I remember correctly, the top thing that was on people?s mind when they voted was the handling of covid.
The grace period is over. The term is more like resistant. They can do that and they should pay more for health insurance and life insurance.

eyephone said:
Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:
zovall said:
The LA Times has some useful metrics for Orange County:https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/orange-county/

I did not see the numbers broken out by political party but there is a chart showing demographics by race (attached).

This has nothing to do with covid. But if you want to know the mindset of OC voters. If you want to see actual voter results by political party. You can look at the California governor recall. Last time I checked 52% in OC voted no on the recent California governor recall in a way has to do the handling of covid versus other states.

Um........... you know that a lot of republicans have left the state right? Democrats too of course but a lot of conservatives have gotten fed up with the political climate here. To make up for those people you get takers..... give me freebies. They vote dem.

The majority of OC is republicans, but they still voted no.

There are more registered dems in OC than republicans now. So how is it the majority is republican if there are more democrats registered to vote?
https://www.ocvote.com/datacentral/

10% more dems than republicans. That is pretty significant.

zovall said:
akkord said:
zovall said:

Based on that chart - hang out with Asians as they are most likely to be vaxxed.  ;D

I admit, that does influence which grocery stores I frequent.

Looking at the case chart for the last year and half, the parallel between those two summer curves seems plenty foreboding. 

Hopefully Christmas isn?t no gifts or hospital beds available for you.

zovall said:
eyephone said:
zovall said:

This has nothing to do with covid.

It is showing which demographics are vaccine hesitant in Orange County. We need to educate and enable those who are hesitant.

You can lead a horse to water but you can?t make it drink. At this point I don?t think more education is  going to make much difference. Most people who are receptive to being educated have had ample opportunity to get the shot. Oh well, Darwinism in action?

misme said:
You can lead a horse to water but you can?t make it drink. At this point I don?t think more education is  going to make much difference. Most people who are receptive to being educated have had ample opportunity to get the shot. Oh well, Darwinism in action?

At this point, it's just political. An ex-coworker of mine quit his job due to vaccine mandate at our company. And this is a guy with a PhD in EE. His reason? He hates Biden.

CalBears96 said:
misme said:

At this point, it's just political. An ex-coworker of mine quit his job due to vaccine mandate at our company. And this is a guy with a PhD in EE. His reason? He hates Biden.

We'll be seeing more and more of that, especially in the current job market which is on fire.

eyephone said:
But he stop bragging about Florida. Its not the people in Florida. According to the polls Floridians are not happy with Desan-toes. It is the governor of Florida that is the problem that does not understand and/or know how to deal with covid. Let the doctors and health experts handle heath crisis. I dont go to restaurants and tell them how to cook.

Covid 4 ever? (Due to the fake and weak freedom argument)

As I said..they will be just fine...So will DeSantis...

DeSantis's critics fall silent as Florida's COVID-19 cases drop

New infections per 100,000 residents dropped to 12 over the past week, according to the New York Times coronavirus tracker. Over the past 14 days, cases dropped by 48%.

Other states with far more expansive pandemic restrictions are seeing COVID-19 continue to spread at faster rates than Florida.

In New York, for example, the rate of new cases is more than double that of Florida?s at 25 per 100,000 residents over the past week.

In Washington state, the rate of new infections per 100,000 residents was at 31 during the past week.

Critics have vilified Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for a pandemic response that deviated early from what other states did to limit transmission. He allowed businesses to resume operations with some limits in early May 2020, just two months after the virus shuttered virtually the entire country, and by September of last year had lifted all restrictions and began efforts to limit new ones that local governments could impose.

Florida?s apparent emergence from that wave and return to a transmission rate lower than its neighbors and much of the country has warranted little reevaluation of the narrative surrounding DeSantis? stewardship of the state.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/desantis-critics-fall-silent-as-floridas-covid-19-cases-drop

CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:
I don't trust anyone's numbers...thats my point. ;D ;D >:D

Nah, you trust numbers from untrustworthy sources...that's why you keep posting articles from them.

Guess you haven?t been around here very long?I don?t believe anyone?I think they all lie?your side and mine. ;D ;D ;D >:D

Go In-n-Out!!! I will eat there twice tomorrow. Good Burgers don?t need a commissar to ok consumption!!

San Francisco's only In-N-Out closed for not checking proof of vaccination

?As a Company, In-N-Out Burger strongly believes in the highest form of customer service and to us that means serving all Customers who visit us and making all Customers feel welcome. We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,? he continued.
[url]https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/San-Francisco-In-N-Out-temporarily-closed-16546332.php
[/url]

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
But he stop bragging about Florida. Its not the people in Florida. According to the polls Floridians are not happy with Desan-toes. It is the governor of Florida that is the problem that does not understand and/or know how to deal with covid. Let the doctors and health experts handle heath crisis. I dont go to restaurants and tell them how to cook.

Covid 4 ever? (Due to the fake and weak freedom argument)

As I said..they will be just fine...So will DeSantis...

DeSantis's critics fall silent as Florida's COVID-19 cases drop

New infections per 100,000 residents dropped to 12 over the past week, according to the New York Times coronavirus tracker. Over the past 14 days, cases dropped by 48%.

Other states with far more expansive pandemic restrictions are seeing COVID-19 continue to spread at faster rates than Florida.

In New York, for example, the rate of new cases is more than double that of Florida?s at 25 per 100,000 residents over the past week.

In Washington state, the rate of new infections per 100,000 residents was at 31 during the past week.

Critics have vilified Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for a pandemic response that deviated early from what other states did to limit transmission. He allowed businesses to resume operations with some limits in early May 2020, just two months after the virus shuttered virtually the entire country, and by September of last year had lifted all restrictions and began efforts to limit new ones that local governments could impose.

Florida?s apparent emergence from that wave and return to a transmission rate lower than its neighbors and much of the country has warranted little reevaluation of the narrative surrounding DeSantis? stewardship of the state.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/desantis-critics-fall-silent-as-floridas-covid-19-cases-drop

Yea, except their data is leaking out.

In their chart of Florida?s. 67 counties, where would our OC fall for infections since the disappearing data from June 5?    Easy, 68th.  Not by a little, but a lot.  We are at 11.05/cases in that 4 month period.  Florida?s lowest county is at  more than twice that.

Where?s the middle pack?  Places like Broward county, basically Orange County of metro Miami?  They?re more than 7x our cases over the period.  Top of chart?  Closing in on 20x.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...-death-toll-in-florida-counties-went-missing/

Looking at all this data can be overwhelming and confusing, so here's the breakdown from two epidemiologists closely following COVID trends in Florida and Tampa Bay:

Dr. Jill Roberts: "We got hit hard with delta really early. We were pretty much the example of how to do it wrong. Eventually, if you have enough cases, you?re going to see herd immunity effects so herd immunity is going to drop your overall number of cases in the population and that?s what we?re seeing."

Dr. Jason Salemi:  "When you look at the numbers in Florida, we?re in such a better place than we were a couple of weeks ago. It?s just unfortunate that so many people got infected, hospitalized, so many lost their lives to achieve this level of immunity."
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/h...lines/67-c3448be7-fc48-4e6f-ad72-dc7e0fe63f92

Of course, we?re are they at?  7 day average for October 18th, 3042 cases. Cali is at 5666.  Our OC is at 323.

Correcting for population, per 100K.  Florida is at 14.2, Cali as a whole is at 14.2.  OC is at 10.2

And of course, as Sally Struthers likes to extol, the children.

Nearly 3,000 children in that age range tested positive for COVID over a seven-day period from Oct. 8-14, according to the Florida Department of Health. That?s almost 90 percent lower than the peak weekly cases of 26,475 over the seven-day period reported Aug. 27.

Still, despite the recent fall in cases, the per capita caseload for Florida children 12 and under as of Oct. 2 remains higher than at any other point during the nearly 20-month pandemic, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And experts fear the coming flu season and holiday travel could could spark another COVID wave this winter.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...es-in-positivity-despite-drop-in-covid-cases/

Clearly, so much winning. 

Back