coronavirus

What does your mom have to do with it? (Sympathy Card)
She did not tell you to spread fake news. You did it yourself.

Waiting in lines all day. To prepare for social distancing, have ended up doing the opposite of it  ???

freedomcm said:
Did the orange menace actually say the below?  Roche does not make vaccines, they make a diagnostic test.

Compressed-Village said:
The message today from President Trump along with business leaders is exactly what we need. Urgency and Emergency.

Speed up and bypass FDA red tapes for Roche to speed up the vaccine, buy and stockpile petro to curb the downward spiral and boost the oil industries, stockpile will save lots of those sector job. I think he did really well to curb and contain this outbreak.

Closures everywhere else. Almost apocalyptic like

No, he mentioned two different test providers and a third vaccine maker (i think) and talked clearing red tape for all of them.  He did talk about 500,000 tests  by monday and another 1,000,000 by end of week with 3 or 5 million in next month (that he said we won't need)

Take all with a grain of salt.  JIMHO, fairly stunning how hard he tried to stick to the script (apparently someone showed him the tape of the Fed injection rally just getting tanked as he talked before) and just couldn't help himself still going into me me me mode.

I only have two thoughts left on this:
1. when is the best time to brave the store to refresh the fresh milk supply
2. How bad is the public freak out when those 500,000 drive thru test for anybody start coming back positive and then numbers end of week or next and  go  4000, 8000, 16000?

nosuchreality said:
freedomcm said:
Did the orange menace actually say the below?  Roche does not make vaccines, they make a diagnostic test.

Compressed-Village said:
The message today from President Trump along with business leaders is exactly what we need. Urgency and Emergency.

Speed up and bypass FDA red tapes for Roche to speed up the vaccine, buy and stockpile petro to curb the downward spiral and boost the oil industries, stockpile will save lots of those sector job. I think he did really well to curb and contain this outbreak.

Closures everywhere else. Almost apocalyptic like

No, he mentioned two different test providers and a third vaccine maker (i think) and talked clearing red tape for all of them.  He did talk about 500,000 tests  by monday and another 1,000,000 by end of week with 3 or 5 million in next month (that he said we won't need)

Take all with a grain of salt.  JIMHO, fairly stunning how hard he tried to stick to the script (apparently someone showed him the tape of the Fed injection rally just getting tanked as he talked before) and just couldn't help himself still going into me me me mode.

I only have two thoughts left on this:
1. when is the best time to brave the store to refresh the fresh milk supply
2. How bad is the public freak out when those 500,000 drive thru test for anybody start coming back positive and then numbers end of week or next and  go  4000, 8000, 16000?

But you said it was just a flu at the beginning. Also, you never responded to my comments. This is getting too easy. No wonder why Belly punked you around. (This like part 2. But I am better)

eyephone said:

She doesn?t scare easily. She survived the Japanese occupation of Manila and the execution of her father...she wanted oggi?s...who am I to deprive her?

morekaos said:
eyephone said:

She doesn%u2019t scare easily. She survived the Japanese occupation of Manila and the execution of her father...she wanted oggi%u2019s...who am I to deprive her?

But no one asked about or referred to your mom. I was talking about you.

Again, what does your mom have to do with this?
Lol This is too funny.

Try a little bit harder and think it through. Ask yourself: does it make sense?

Don?t live in fear Eye. I don?t, my mom doesn?t either. Be happy and grateful. To live in fear will only make you miserable. Face life with joy.

I checked Taiko at 7:30p they still had a 15min wait but not sure if all the tables were occupied.  Hopefully we can all still support our Irvine restaurants by ordering takeout from them.

I have a feeling though next weekend will be even worse if the world goes on lockdown this week.

I think next step is to shut down all domestic flights then close all restaurants.  Then curfews, then quarantine at home, then Martial law.  Hopefully we don?t get there.

Also went to WalMart Foothill Ranch around 9pm, was busy but not too crazy.  They announced that they would close at 10pm, they are typically open until midnight.  People started getting frantic and a fight nearly broke out.

All the frozen food was gone and all the dairy was gone.  Got some soup, cup of noodles, dry pasta.  Was happy to even find those haha.

morekaos said:
Don?t live in fear Eye. I don?t, my mom doesn?t either. Be happy and grateful. To live in fear will only make you miserable. Face life with joy.

Bringing up your mom has nothing to do with this. Also, being happy and grateful, or miserable has nothing to do with this.

Pavilions by OH gets shipment Monday, spoke to the cart return guy when I tried to go last night around 10:30pm and they were already closed. For those of you hoarding Monday/Tuesday may be a good day to go. When I went this morning there was food depending on what you wanted, some produce, frozen stuff, canned fruits, beans, tons of snacks, etc. I picked up the most important thing though, beer! May make a totalwine trip later today too to get some more beer and scotch since I'm WFH indefinitely and wife is every other week for now. 

morekaos said:

Like the homeless person ranting in front of the store.  If you've tried once,  you just side step and ignore them.  No point in arguing with intentional misinterpetation and seeing the invisible.

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:

Like the homeless person ranting in front of the store.  If you've tried once,  you just side step and ignore them.  No point in arguing with intentional misinterpetation and seeing the invisible.

All I got to say. I am not the one telling people it is just a flu. But if Morekas wants to make the conversational emotional why not talk about puppies and kittens also.

Rep. Katie Porter gets CDC chief to agree to pay for coronavirus testing

Democratic Rep. Katie Porter successfully pressed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention chief during a congressional hearing on Thursday to agree that the agency will pay for testing for the novel coronavirus.

The exchange came after President Donald Trump, while addressing the nation on Wednesday night, incorrectly implied that coronavirus patients could access free treatment. Many insurers have said they will pick up the cost of coronavirus testing for some policyholders, but not the treatment -- and a test or treatment that is covered is not necessarily free.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics/katie-porter-cdc-coronavirus-testing-white-board/index.html

If the test was not free. It would cost around $1300

US has Travel restrictions on Europe  but why not China?
Countries like South Africa, India etc have excluded all nations having corona virus cases, this includes china. What gives with US not excluding China? Granted, China is containing it well now but still...

Irvinehomeseeker said:
US has Travel restrictions on Europe  but why not China?
Countries like South Africa, India etc have excluded all nations having corona virus cases, this includes china. What gives with US not excluding China? Granted, China is containing it well now but still...

I think the first travel restriction was China and is still in effect.

Back