coronavirus

Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
morekaos said:
Market bottomed March of 2009. Recession officially declared over that same month. Stock market rose the whole time.  barely noticed all the death and zombies. Lots of tp, water and hand sanitizer available.

Exactly why this time it is worse for the financial strapped masses. Market topped, 11 years bull runs, and debt level at an all time high. When you at the bottom the only way to go is up back in 2009. When you at the top of the top and overleverage like alot of companies been doing, not only it go down, it will go down hard and fast. It will go down more, ready to buy some on the discount and selective buying?

Scenario 1: If mass layoffs, maybe it%u2019s time to buy another house.

Buy house whenever you can. Responsibly!!!

Naw nah. I need a discount.

nosuchreality said:
Let's get practical.  Are you ready for your K-12 aged kids to spend the remainder of the school year telecommuting from home.

TUSD emailed their questionaire today.  The UC system is going virtual.
Not what I want, but behaviors/routines need to change if we are to stem the trajectory of new infections.  If there's one person likely to catch this thing first in our household, it's the one in preschool.  I requested a laptop last week and can work from home, though honestly a toddler needs too much attention to get much work done.  My wife, too, can do some work from home.  We'll get through this, sick or not.  The reality is that if preschool sends my daughter home, it'll probably be because someone tested positive after days or weeks of exposing the entire place to the bug.

One upside is I get to redo the home office, which was set up several years ago.  Upgrading the 22" monitors with 32" widescreens!

When I got H1N1in 2009 I was playing with a toddler who I did not know was sick. Caught it immediately then unknowingly gave it to my six year old daughter. We self quarantined but my wife and son never got it.

We are behind the curve while the government tries to play it down and the White House wants to cut the CDC's budget.

In countries like China/Korea, "the key to success has been widescale testing for the virus? RNA in people and then isolation?either by choice or mandate?of the infected and their contacts."
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/were-behind-curve-us-hospitals-confront-challenges-large-scale-coronavirus-testing
Over here, Hospitals could do testing and have results in 1-2 days but first need up to a week to validate the FDA protocol. Meanwhile, a reagent shortage is possible. And at the commercial labs, results could take 3-4 days for now.

So based on the CV timeline, once we knew more about the virus and how contagious it is, was the travel ban too slow or quicker than other countries? Seems pretty fast to me.

mads said:
We are behind the curve while the government tries to play it down and the White House wants to cut the CDC's budget.

In countries like China/Korea, "the key to success has been widescale testing for the virus? RNA in people and then isolation?either by choice or mandate?of the infected and their contacts."
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/were-behind-curve-us-hospitals-confront-challenges-large-scale-coronavirus-testing
Over here, Hospitals could do testing and have results in 1-2 days but first need up to a week to validate the FDA protocol. Meanwhile, a reagent shortage is possible. And at the commercial labs, results could take 3-4 days for now.

What can I say? One tv network is promoting that the coronavirus is a scam. Lol

Testing kits should have been ramped up in the mid of FEB.  I know some people with symptoms and they are not being tested.  I think everyone who wants to be tested should be tested.  Why not ask S. Korea or another country for tests?  They seem to have a lot of kits.

Disneyland is closing due to the virus.  I seriously applaud them for making a very tough call at this point in time.  It's exactly things like this that have to happen if we are to slow the spread.  Things like this, and cancelling major gatherings, are exactly what needs to be done.

Unfortunately I had made plans with my daughters' friends' family for us all to go to Legoland this weekend, and I expect they will be closed too.  But for the greater good...

I thought newsom already said no gatherings of more than 250...so that would include disney, lego, seaworld. etc.

Now is the time to head to beach, mountain ,,,when the rain stop and take solace. We sometimes take for granted the natural beauty that we have here in SoCal. Nature! Hopefully it won?t be packed with people.

Unfortunately due to lack of testing, yes, we are at this point. 

With no real plan on testing going forward so were now stuck basically awaiting the End of new case diagnosis with no idea how many are currently out there.

For those with kids knowing Disney and other major attractions are closed, there is always going to Big Bear, Idlewild, or Arrowhead. Locally if the rain lets up there's Prentiss Park Zoo in Santa Ana, The Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach or a camp out in O'Neil Park or Casper's Wilderness Park. Other suggestions?

Going glamping near Barstow next weekend.  Assuming no one in the group is infected, it'll be a nice way to get away from it all.  Desert toys and sand, campfires and smores.  5 days without a cell signal.

Planning to take my kids to Fall Canyon Fall Trabuco Creek Rd
Trabuco, CA 92679. Right in our own backyard. Luck has it that it going to rain like mad for the next few days. The falls will be spectacular with water.

Back