coronavirus

Try this link instead from the CDC directly, not a Business Insider sourced article. It shows fractional differences in mortality rates by percentage by age between current Covid-19 and standard flu during 2018-2019 season.

Two considerations:

1) The CDC's numbers even almost a year later are "estimated"

2) There were vaccines for the standard flu, limiting it's lethality. Imagine if the standard flu did not have preventative measures like our present day Covid-19 does. Lethality may be worse with standard flu.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

irvinehomeowner said:
I don%u2019t think we should shut things down but Covid is NOT the common flu.

Even the Prez has started to wear a mask.

Covid is out of control. It is free to social distance and almost free to wear masks. We do not even need a vaccine. But people act like this is nothing. Normal as usual? ;)

Soylent Green Is People said:
Try this link instead from the CDC directly, not a Business Insider sourced article. It shows fractional differences in mortality rates by percentage by age between current Covid-19 and standard flu during 2018-2019 season.

Two considerations:

1) The CDC's numbers even almost a year later are "estimated"

2) There were vaccines for the standard flu, limiting it's lethality. Imagine if the standard flu did not have preventative measures like our present day Covid-19 does. Lethality may be worse with standard flu.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

The numbers are estimated because the system is designed to estimate the numbers.  The vast majority of people never get a flu test when they have a flu-like illness.

I guess SGIP wants an invite to the Covid party. :)

Where does it say that the 30yr old had pre-existing conditions? I was looking for that.

The other difference is flu symptoms are apparent and has a short incubation period, so it's easier to prevent spread.

His "pre-existing conditions" were chronic asshattery and above allowable levels of stooopidity.

If this story is even true - as sources are "he said, she said"- the person intentionally went looking for trouble. Just with all of the fake nooses, fake racist letters, and other attempts to gain attention are made, very little of the story can be backed up by facts. That's why I'd rather rely on numbers and not hearsay. The numbers show far lower morbidity than what the headlines proclaim.

Real pre-existing conditions - diabetes, morbid obesity, age etc are often primary causes of death made worse by COVID-19.

My .02c

The numbers show far lower morbidity than what the headlines proclaim.

135k+ and counting in the US and over half a million worldwide is not low morbidity to me.

No one wants another lockdown... but how do you stay open when a portion of the population won't follow safety guidelines?

Why do otherwise reasonable people still play the " COVID is much like the flu & morbidity is low" angle ?

Florida surpassed all of Europe in new daily #Covid_19 cases by 136% today.

And we don't have a vaccine. Likely won't for months.  Follow safety guidelines is a small price to pay.

The country is going to burn yet the new woke crowd still wants to argue whether or not fire is dangerous.

It's mind boggling to me.

Kenkoko said:
Why do otherwise reasonable people still play the " COVID is much like the flu & morbidity is low" angle ?

And we don't have a vaccine. Likely won't for months.  Follow safety guidelines is a small price to pay.

The country is going to burn yet the new woke crowd still wants to argue whether or not fire is dangerous.

As I said and others before. That it will take big numbers of covid diagnoses, covid hospitalizations, covid deaths in order for people to take this seriously. (it is unfortunate)

Kenkoko said:

Because they?re scared and it?s their psychological protection against something they?re otherwise defenseless against.

It also ignores all outcomes short of death.  Our real problem may not be those dying from covid, it may be those surviving the covid hospital stay with lingering  brain, heart and lung impacts. 

and...at the home stretch before schools open, deaths and hospitalizations are going up.
It looks like distance learning will be mandatory with our trajectory.

Antibody Fade is a very scary thing. This would mean there isn't a long term silver bullet, but annual/semi-annual vaccine shots similar to the regular flu.  Not bueno

Also, I've never said COVID-19 is not dangerous. Reasonable cautions are needed - if not required. Just saying there's plenty to consider here - for example....

In the Syracuse area some dingbat mommy took her child to day care suffering from an elevated temperature thinking "oh, it's just allergies" - but of course it wasn't.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-center-leaving-16-children-parents-ill.html

Now a wide spread cluster of cases has broken out and yeah, no one wants to get sick, but of those who have there are no deaths nor serious complications - and I add "as of yet"... since this is relatively new news. Even with precautions (temperature taking, etc) there still is an almost zero way to prevent stoopid from breaking out. When it does, do we shut everything down? Will that stop stoopid from overcoming the mask/social distancing piece? Not really. So where is the middle ground here?

As for the mortality rate statistics - a 2nd hand story from a 40 year long family friend. This person works in the "health and beauty" trade in Huntington Beach. On June 23rd, an older client came in for services. No symptoms were present. On June 26th, the clients Sister called our family friend letting her know that this customer was now under medical distress. They didn't know what it was, but they thought it only right to let her know about possible contact with an infected person. By June 28th this customer had died.

As the body was being removed, the cause of death was listed as COVID-19. No test was administered. Before cremation, the family asked for their physician to test postmortem, but was refused. Every person within the family - as well as recent contacts - were urged to get tested. Our family friend went in on July 2nd for a test ("Brain Scraping" was her description of the nasal swab....) which came back negative. She still was required to self isolate 14 days from possible first contact, emerging after July 10th for a regular work week to start. This was a harrowing experience for her and her family as well as her work staff.

No diagnosis, no testing, zip, zero, nada - but per the death certificate, died from COVID-19.  This can't be the only time this kind of "rush to declare" has been done. There have been similar anecdotes reported elsewhere, but none as close to me as this persons experience.

I hope you can excuse me for not being 100% on board with what's being reported, given recent experience. "Question Everything" is my preferred screening process starting point for news these days.

@some point, we will have to pick a source to believe.  I think google is good.  If you have a better source, then please paste it here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+corona+virus+deaths&oq=us+corona+virus+deaths&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i65l3j69i60l2.3089j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here we go with the misinformation campaign. Believe what you want to believe. But if your wrong. You might be dead or hooked up to a machine for months. (or spread it to your friends and family)

I find it interesting and funny. That the administration points to other countries regarding school re opening. But they do not want to point to other countries to point out what they did to win against covid. Also, it is kind of flawed because US has more cases of asthma, diabetes, etc. than other countries reopening schools.

Double standard?
#hallmonitor
#truencypolice
#crackdownonschoolsbutnotmasks ;)

Update: come to think of it, underlying condition or not there are people that still die or get hospitalized with covid

Antibody Fade is a very scary thing. This would mean there isn't a long term silver bullet, but annual/semi-annual vaccine shots similar to the regular flu.  Not bueno

Also, I've never said COVID-19 is not dangerous. Reasonable cautions are needed - if not required. Just saying there's plenty to consider here - for example....
<snip>
No diagnosis, no testing, zip, zero, nada - but per the death certificate, died from COVID-19.  This can't be the only time this kind of "rush to declare" has been done. There have been similar anecdotes reported elsewhere, but none as close to me as this persons experience.

I hope you can excuse me for not being 100% on board with what's being reported, given recent experience. "Question Everything" is my preferred screening process starting point for news these days.

I have a relative going done this line too.  So same question to you.  Google lists USA deaths at 136,621 yesterday.

What is the number of dead by something else but declared covid of the 136,621 deaths reported?

eyephone said:
Here we go with the misinformation campaign. Believe what you want to believe. But if your wrong. You might be dead or hooked up to a machine for months. (or spread it to your friends and family)

I find it interesting and funny. That the administration points to other countries regarding school re opening. But they do not want to point to other countries to point out what they did to win against covid. Also, it is kind of flawed because US has more cases of asthma, diabetes, etc. than other countries reopening schools.

Double standard?
#hallmonitor
#truencypolice
#crackdownonschoolsbutnotmasks ;)

Update: come to think of it, underlying condition or not there are people that still die or get hospitalized with covid

No one wants to respond. Because the facts and data does not fit their agenda.

If he can do it, everyone can!

Donald-Trump-mask-1.png

Back