Coronavirus Recession

My bank sent an email that there are thousands of application ahead of me. I don't have any hopes of getting a PPP loan with them even if new stimulus is passed.Any fintech company?

The stimulus 2.2T is really meant to push money to the rich get richer. Small business and little guys those few lucky will get some, the other are not getting any, or promises , there are more coming, but by then those small guys are bk and gone so those funds will not disbursed in time.

Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I applied for the PPP through my Bank of America business bank account on Monday, April 6th and submitted my documents on Thursday, April 9th through Intralinks. Then got an email to verify my business bank account information online this Wednesday, April 15th which I did same day. No funds yet here....

once you have sba authorization, i believe they have 10 days to fund.  assuming you had authorization by the 10th, you should expect to see funds no later than the 20th.

wells fargo took forever to open up my application, so ended up going with a smaller bank we do business with and received sba authorization on the 14th.  hopefully have funds by this friday.

How do you know if you got SNA authorization?  Did you get an email from your bank?  Here's the email that I got from Bank of America on the 15th...

We need additional information to process your Paycheck Protection Program Application

Thank you for submitting your application for the Paycheck Protection Program. We have not received all the information that we need to process your application as of this email. We'll need you to confirm your business information through Small Business Online Banking.

Once you've updated the required information, we can then continue to process your application and submit it to the Small Business Administration for approval. Without this information we can't proceed with your application. What you need to do

? Log into our Small Business Online Banking using your business login from only your desktop or laptop. You can't enter this information through Mobile Banking.
? After logging in you'll be prompted to update your business information.
? Select "I'm ready".
? Update your information, review, confirm and submit.

What happens next

? We'll review this information and contact you if further clarification or documentation is necessary.
? We'll process your loan application with the Small Business Administration as quickly as possible.
? An email will be sent to you with the status once we receive a decision from the Small Business Administration.
? If you have submitted multiple applications (for multiple entities) you will receive correspondence from Bank of America and Intralinks for each application throughout the loan process.
? Please do NOT deliver or send documents to our Financial Centers or banking teams.
? Information about your application status will NOT be available through our Financial Centers or Contact Centers.

Does this mean that I got SBA loan approval for my PPP loan?

bank of america can't submit your application for sba authorization until they have a complete package from you, which includes all of the additional items they requested.  depending on when you logged in again online to provide the additional information they requested, they may not have gotten to your application again to submit to the sba. 

i did receive an email from the bank i'm working with that says they "provided my request to the sba and funds have been allocated to my loan" and when i log on to the application web portal it does show my sba authorization number.  i can't comment on how bank of america notifies their customers, but i would hope they would do the same.  do they have a status section on their website where you log in to input all of the files and info they requested?

I've tried calling them and I think the issue is that that my personal and business accounts are linked with the same online ID as I am not getting the "I'm ready" pop up when I log in.  I mean the loan would only be $20,833 for me as they cap out us self employed/independent contractor realtors to $100k annual amount so not the end of the world if I don't get it. 

Variety via Yahoo Article: Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti Announces Furlough Plan for City Workers

During a press conference on Sunday evening, Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti said thousands of city workers will need to be furloughed to lessen the economic impact on the city during the coronavirus crisis.

Garcettit said he?s planning to balance the city?s budget by furloughing the city?s civilian workforce for 26 days. Police officers, firefighters and workers at the Department of Water and Power will not be affected, among other professions, he said. The furloughs would amount to a 10% reduction in pay.

?Until now, it was the biggest economic blow of our lifetime, and it hurt. But there?s no way to sugarcoat this. This is bigger, it will hurt more,? he said during the press conference.

Most businesses across Los Angeles have been closed for weeks at this point, including restaurants, bars, movie theaters, museums, libraries and cultural centers. New federal guidelines were announced last week that indicate when some of those locations may start to open back up. The plan states that once cases of coronavirus start to have a downward trajectory and hospitals can treat patients without crisis care, then states can begin to reopen certain areas. However, strict social distancing rules will still be in place until the coronavirus threat significantly decreases.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/los-angeles-mayor-eric-garcetti-013523376.html

USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I applied for the PPP through my Bank of America business bank account on Monday, April 6th and submitted my documents on Thursday, April 9th through Intralinks. Then got an email to verify my business bank account information online this Wednesday, April 15th which I did same day. No funds yet here....

once you have sba authorization, i believe they have 10 days to fund.  assuming you had authorization by the 10th, you should expect to see funds no later than the 20th.

wells fargo took forever to open up my application, so ended up going with a smaller bank we do business with and received sba authorization on the 14th.  hopefully have funds by this friday.

How do you know if you got SNA authorization?  Did you get an email from your bank?  Here's the email that I got from Bank of America on the 15th...

We need additional information to process your Paycheck Protection Program Application

Thank you for submitting your application for the Paycheck Protection Program. We have not received all the information that we need to process your application as of this email. We'll need you to confirm your business information through Small Business Online Banking.

Once you've updated the required information, we can then continue to process your application and submit it to the Small Business Administration for approval. Without this information we can't proceed with your application. What you need to do

? Log into our Small Business Online Banking using your business login from only your desktop or laptop. You can't enter this information through Mobile Banking.
? After logging in you'll be prompted to update your business information.
? Select "I'm ready".
? Update your information, review, confirm and submit.

What happens next

? We'll review this information and contact you if further clarification or documentation is necessary.
? We'll process your loan application with the Small Business Administration as quickly as possible.
? An email will be sent to you with the status once we receive a decision from the Small Business Administration.
? If you have submitted multiple applications (for multiple entities) you will receive correspondence from Bank of America and Intralinks for each application throughout the loan process.
? Please do NOT deliver or send documents to our Financial Centers or banking teams.
? Information about your application status will NOT be available through our Financial Centers or Contact Centers.

Does this mean that I got SBA loan approval for my PPP loan?

bank of america can't submit your application for sba authorization until they have a complete package from you, which includes all of the additional items they requested.  depending on when you logged in again online to provide the additional information they requested, they may not have gotten to your application again to submit to the sba. 

i did receive an email from the bank i'm working with that says they "provided my request to the sba and funds have been allocated to my loan" and when i log on to the application web portal it does show my sba authorization number.  i can't comment on how bank of america notifies their customers, but i would hope they would do the same.  do they have a status section on their website where you log in to input all of the files and info they requested?

I've tried calling them and I think the issue is that that my personal and business accounts are linked with the same online ID as I am not getting the "I'm ready" pop up when I log in.  I mean the loan would only be $20,833 for me as they cap out us self employed/independent contractor realtors to $100k annual amount so not the end of the world if I don't get it.

the whole thing is very much a logistical disaster.  bofa may have removed the link temporarily as funding has been exhausted, but hopefully this week congress will pass the additional funding and you'll see the link again.  otherwise, you might try to see if any of the prior emails they sent had a direct link that could get you back to your application/ppp page.

Business insider article: Oil plunges 321% into negative territory for the first time ever as demand evaporates

Oil prices plunged to a record low and into negative territory on Monday as uncertainty mounted about storage for excess supply.

WTI crude oil futures expiring in May plunged 321%, to -$40.32 a barrel, while Brent crude slid 9.5%, to $25.41 at intrasession lows.

The coronavirus pandemic has torpedoed demand for the commodity, with fuel use in cars and planes slumping.
https://markets.businessinsider.com...crude-oil-wti-falls-to-21-year-low-1029106364

not in the least surprised by this

Wells Fargo, Chase sued over handling of Paycheck Protection Program loans
The banks were accused of prioritizing borrowers seeking larger loan amounts

A series of lawsuits filed on behalf of small business owners filed on Sunday accuses some of the nation?s biggest banks, including JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo, of unfairly allocating government-backed loans to certain small businesses.

In four nearly identical suits, a California-based company accused Chase Bank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America and U.S. Bank of prioritizing small business borrowers who were seeking larger loan amounts under the federal government?s Paycheck Protection Program in order to generate bigger loan origination fees for the bank, rather than processing the applications on a first-come, first-serve basis.

By reshuffling applications to frontload businesses seeking higher loans, the big banks received nearly $6 billion in processing fees, according to the lawsuit. The suit compared Small Business Administration data between April 3 and April 13 versus loan data from April 13 and April 16, when the program ran out of cash.

As a result, the businesses seeking lower loans did not receive the aid they were entitled to, the lawsuit said.

?Comparing the April 13 data to the April 16 data shows that ? in the last three days of the PPP ? banks processed loan applications for $150,000 and under at twice the rate of larger loans,? the lawsuits read.

If the banks had approved loans on a first-come, first-serve basis, ?the percentage change of applications submitted in the last three days of the program would be consistent among all application types,? the lawsuits read.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/wells-fargo-chase-sued-over-handling-of-paycheck-protection-program-loans

eyephone said:
Business insider article: Oil plunges 321% into negative territory for the first time ever as demand evaporates

Oil prices plunged to a record low and into negative territory on Monday as uncertainty mounted about storage for excess supply.

WTI crude oil futures expiring in May plunged 321%, to -$40.32 a barrel, while Brent crude slid 9.5%, to $25.41 at intrasession lows.

The coronavirus pandemic has torpedoed demand for the commodity, with fuel use in cars and planes slumping.
https://markets.businessinsider.com...crude-oil-wti-falls-to-21-year-low-1029106364

A barrel of crude oil now cost -$40, but an intangible magic internet coin cost +$6,900

It sure feels like we?re living in a simulation and the alien who?s running the simulation has become an alcoholic.

Kenkoko said:
eyephone said:

A barrel of crude oil now cost -$40, but an intangible magic internet coin cost +$6,900

It sure feels like we%u2019re living in a simulation and the alien who%u2019s running the simulation has become an alcoholic.

Gas is really cheap. $2.84 average Irvine, $1.39 Dallas, Raleigh, NC $1.77, Atlanta $1.99

The totally awesome 80?s, man, so many good memories from that decade. In 20 years I will look back at 2020 being the worse time ever in our modern history, and it just started.

Some may say people will forget but I still remember Desert Shield/ Desert Storms, 9/11, like yesterday. This event isn?t going to be forgotten for this entire generation.

Marketwatch Article: Its going to be brutal, billionaire Mark Cuban says of economys recovery from coronavirus, and theres no way to sugarcoat it

The entrepreneur, who boasts a net worth of $4.3 billion, according to Forbes, says that challenges for businesses are manifold and include additional costs that will be incurred to sanitize and retrofit spaces as nearly shutdown economies attempt to reboot after a virus-imposed hibernation.

That said, Cuban believes that small businesses may require at least a third installment of funds to operate through the crisis and is looking to invest in companies that sit outside the criteria for obtaining government-back loans, he said.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...ery-from-coronavirus-2020-04-22?mod=home-page

The crude oil issue is going to be far reaching.

Heard on the radio there are 24 tankers just waiting in Long Beach as floating storage. Prior to the pandemic, there would only be 5 or 6 tankers out there at a time.

Can I just buy 30 acres in Palmdale then charge the oil companies $15 per barrel to store 80,000 barrels on my empty lot?  Whose with me!?

Gap warns it might not have enough cash for operations, as it stops paying rent

Gap said it must take further actions to find liquidity over the next 12 months, such as additional job cuts and new debt financing.
The company said it did not pay rent on its stores in April, which amounts to roughly $115 million in monthly expenses in North America.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/gap...h-for-operations-as-it-stops-paying-rent.html

Spend your gap gift cards ASAP?

The mind boggles at how thinly capitalized all these companies are - or are they BS'ing as Harvard was, trying to get some of that sweet, sweet government cash instead of using their own hoard of $$$?

A 30-60 day interruption of business and off to bankruptcy court they go? It's completely understandable for restaurants, Mom and Pop companies as well as a movie theater chain, but a global brand like The Gap to be in this position? Imagine the chaos when a 7.8 hits somewhere in California and wipes out a large number of cities. YOW!

My .02c

Back