Construction Opinion / Error

My wife and I have purchased a home in Portola Springs 5 and we opted for a few construction based options.  I went today to look at how the framing was progressing and noticed that the ?walk in shower? option was framed incorrectly along with the rough in for faucets and drains were in the incorrect locations.

I notified my sales rep., who had been excellent, and she assured us that it would be rectified, and I?m certain that it will.

I?m irritated at the fact that the work order on the home was ignored and now we will have holes in studs and flooring that should not be there once fixed.

I would love to know your thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Clearly there is no correct answer or response and it?s purely subjective.

Thanks in advance.

There?s not much you can do, it will be fixed and re-inspected so hopefully inspector will do his job.  Every house you?ve lived in probably has construction re-do?s and missteps, I wouldn?t worry about it much. 

My only advice would be to stay on top of it and don't assume that the builder knows exactly all your options.

We bought in the same area and had multiple issues like this at different stages of the construction, from framing all the way to counter tops installation.

If you are able to get the contact details of the superintendent it may be better to go through him directly and keep your sales contact in the loop.

Back