tmare said:
followed by some comment by the retreat assumes that the retreat is in Floral Park.
I'm not trying to be a douche, nor am I trying to mince words, but the retreat isn't Floral Park. West Floral Park isn't Floral Park either. Neither is anything North of the creek (which this is). You can drive around the neighborhood at 30 mph and see the difference.
Had you wrote "Speaking of developments next to Floral Park............." or "Speaking of Floral Park, how's that immitation neigborhood The Retreat..........."
I can't speak for the prices over there. I can say they are in WTF range because they haven't sold any in the last 120 days last time I checked. It's the same money to buy here as in Irvine. If you want a new home, just go to Irvine and buy a similar property in a much nicer city with better schools, more jobs, shorter commutes, and much better city services.
I really want to move to FP but it'll probablly never happen.