Colony Park by Brookfield Homes?

Well, here's another question. I was wondering if the location these town homes are located in are in a reasonable area? I know, I ask too much! The price is right, and I'm just worried again that the price is cheap because it's in a horrible area.

I was there a few months ago. It's in a bad location. To the north of this new community is some type of manufacturing plant. To the west is a railroad track. But what is going to be horrendous for morning commute is the elementary school right accross the street to the south. The school is literally outside the community gate. Hence, in the morning when parents drop off their kids, it will hinder the residents of this community from exiting.

I asked the saleswoman about the safety factor and she re-assured me that, "As part of your HOAs, you'll have 24 hours securiy patrol." That kind of says it. If it's safe why the need for a 24 hr patrol.

FWIW, I asked a former Anaheim cop if he would live in the Anaheim Colony or Floral Park, even if FP commanded a $200K premium. He said even with the premium, he would take FP over the AC.

Although, I am not familiar with that part of Anaheim. It looks like the new community is smack in the middle of a really down and out neighborhood.

reason,

I haven't actually visited it yet, but from the Brookfield site, the prices are:

Harmony:http://bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com/bkf/newhomes/intro.asp?CommunityID=olc

1 - $342,900

2 - $365,900 to $390,000

3 - $372,900 to $392,900

4 - $380,900 to $409,000

5 - $381,900 to $422,900

6A - $417,900 to $448,900

6B - $429,900 to $445,900

7 - $435,900 to $480,900

8 - $432,900 to $472,900

Legacy:http://bkf.brookfieldsouthland.com/bkf/newhomes/intro.asp?CommunityID=old

1 - $421,400

2 - $438,400

3 - $456,900

4 - $463,900

<p>Homebuyer,</p>

<p>Thanks! Oh, those prices have definitely dropped. I don't have their brochures anymore. But I could have sworn the prices started at high $400k to mid $500k, six mos. ago.</p>

<p> </p>

I was there several months ago and a thief had just removed the entire set of comforter from the master bedroom. To view the model homes you have to leave your driver license for the keyless card to access each home. Several people from my group were locked out because they did not follow me closely.

There is a reason why it is called Anacrime. Last time I went to Paloma, a Brookfield community, they were taking best offers as well. But, even if you offer the $150k these are worth, they would still laugh at you.

This will be just like the Platinum Triangle. They won't be able to give this pieces away. Nobody who works in the neighborhood can afford to live there, and nobody who can afford to buy one wants to live there.

Once a BK wipes the books clean, you'll be able to buy one of these for about a hundred ten a foot. If you want to live there. I'd rather live in the The Colony. At least those home have freeway access and some historical significance.

<a href="http://www.anaheimcolony.com/tour.htm">http://www.anaheimcolony.com/tour.htm</a>

[quote author="tmare" date=1214087020]Speaking of Floral Park, anyone know what the current prices are at "The Retreat".</blockquote>

Bite your tounge. The Retreat isn't in Floral Park.

It's next to Floral Park.

I'd live in Floral Park, but if I wanted a home like they built in the Retreat, I'd move to Irvine. The money is the same, the city services are much better. I won't be bumping up against the soundwall.

Didn't say it was Floral Park, just wondering what the status of that development is, it is after all, NEAR Floral Park.

[quote author="tmare" date=1214087020]Speaking of Floral Park</blockquote>

followed by some comment by the retreat assumes that the retreat is in Floral Park.

I'm not trying to be a douche, nor am I trying to mince words, but the retreat isn't Floral Park. West Floral Park isn't Floral Park either. Neither is anything North of the creek (which this is). You can drive around the neighborhood at 30 mph and see the difference.

Had you wrote "Speaking of developments next to Floral Park............." or "Speaking of Floral Park, how's that immitation neigborhood The Retreat..........."

I can't speak for the prices over there. I can say they are in WTF range because they haven't sold any in the last 120 days last time I checked. It's the same money to buy here as in Irvine. If you want a new home, just go to Irvine and buy a similar property in a much nicer city with better schools, more jobs, shorter commutes, and much better city services.

I really want to move to FP but it'll probablly never happen.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1214188033][quote author="tmare" date=1214087020]Speaking of Floral Park</blockquote>

followed by some comment by the retreat assumes that the retreat is in Floral Park.

I'm not trying to be a douche, nor am I trying to mince words, but the retreat isn't Floral Park. West Floral Park isn't Floral Park either. Neither is anything North of the creek (which this is). You can drive around the neighborhood at 30 mph and see the difference.

Had you wrote "Speaking of developments next to Floral Park............." or "Speaking of Floral Park, how's that immitation neigborhood The Retreat..........."

I can't speak for the prices over there. I can say they are in WTF range because they haven't sold any in the last 120 days last time I checked. It's the same money to buy here as in Irvine. If you want a new home, just go to Irvine and buy a similar property in a much nicer city with better schools, more jobs, shorter commutes, and much better city services.

I really want to move to FP but it'll probablly never happen.</blockquote>

Vaseline,

You have a deep understanding of the neighborhood boundaries and the changing characters neighborhoods. The design of Floral Park took much more care in the parkway, street widths, tree palettes, composition of 2 story mixed in with single story for street characters and elevational variety and interest, varying structure setbacks, mixture of architectural styles and mixture of street width and street pattern so no two streets are alike. As builders began to standardize street width, plant palette, setback, architectural styles, height, and garages. Character and ambiance sufferred like you have mentioned several times in your other posts. West Floral was standardized to a degree so character is not as charming as Floral Park.

The Reserve is Standardized to the maximum: same sidewalks, width, culdesac, 3 story repetition, same 5 gallon tree, same stucco boxes, and all pressed against the sound wall. Neighbors like Reserve disgraced the historic context of the communities.

They are in the 1.3 mil range.

Starter Home:

Why will it probably never happen? I live close, in a neighborhood some say is actually better. The prices aren't bad, what's the problem?

Back