Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

daaaaang

I agree USC on the price for 37... maybe its just bc the angles make it a bit of an awkward lot,  it narrows the gap between the far corner of the CA room to the wall about 7 feet.

For 33, that back wall will be about 38 feet away. Extended driveway and no neighbor behind too.

So lot 33 has a $900k lot premium, given that interior plan 2 are around $2.45m?  That?s more than a view premium.  Perhaps this one will sit.

lovingit said:
So lot 33 has a $900k lot premium, given that interior plan 2 are around $2.45m?  That?s more than a view premium.  Perhaps this one will sit.

2.45 was phase 9 pricing. Like the past couple phases, base prices have jumped tremendously.

The other plan 2 in phase 10 priced at 2.8, the lot is only about 5 ft longer than a typical lot.

mythicquest said:
I guess we'll find out this weekend if these houses will sell or sit. Calls are going out this Saturday for phase 10...

Probably sell due to FOMO.  Everyone who gets a call will be too worried about later regretting not pulling the trigger.

CalBears96 said:
lovingit said:
4K is definitely too small of a house.
I can't imagine calling the Cetara homes too small.  My current house is 3309 sq ft, and I think it's a bit too big.
i have no idea what i'd do with a 4k sqft house.  i'm moving up from 1000 sqft to 2300 sqft and already trying to figure out what to do with the space.  4k and my inlaws would never leave.

They will sell at listed prices.  Shea doesn?t decide the prices, TIC does and they know what will sell.

Even if it doesn?t sell immediately they will throw in a lot of builder upgrade credits to force it to sell at those prices .

TIC has absolute control over all these builders including pricing.

My non-Irvine Pacific builder couldn?t sign off on paperwork one time because the TIC employee who approved pricing was on vacation.

TIC approves every single detail (minor or small) on Orchard Hills, Eastwood, PS even for other builders.

scubasteve said:
I actually got called about lot 35 but passed at $3.1mm;  all others sold out.

Lot 35 was last lot left? When did you get on priority list? Interesting to see how far down it went.

Very curious about pricing going forward as next phase is all premium lots. The phases after that go back to smaller lots but many will have a slightly larger side yard. That extra side yard was only a $10k premium in Phase 1 but I'm guessing it'll be more now.

TestingIrvine said:
TIC has absolute control over all these builders including pricing.

My non-Irvine Pacific builder couldn?t sign off on paperwork one time because the TIC employee who approved pricing was on vacation.

TIC approves every single detail (minor or small) on Orchard Hills, Eastwood, PS even for other builders.
This is accurate as I talked to a shea homes agent before and they constantly mention how they get pressured by Irvine company to raise the prices to such extremes.

You can easily see it by looking at the teresina community price history on Zillow. Their price increases are not as extreme. Shea tends to be conservative on their base prices in general.

trematix said:
scubasteve said:
I actually got called about lot 35 but passed at $3.1mm;  all others sold out.

Lot 35 was last lot left? When did you get on priority list? Interesting to see how far down it went.

Jan ?21; I have a feeling a lot of people are getting priced out (myself included)

JadedOne said:
Very curious about pricing going forward as next phase is all premium lots. The phases after that go back to smaller lots but many will have a slightly larger side yard. That extra side yard was only a $10k premium in Phase 1 but I'm guessing it'll be more now.

I think side yard premium will be the least of anyones worries. If these premium lots are selling in the 3.1-3.4 range, you can only imagine what the base sized lots will be priced at going forward because there?s still one more phase before the base size lots. 

I wonder how many people were called but passed due to the price now. Based on scubasteve being a Jan lister and getting called for this, it would seem they've passed quite a few months pretty quickly...

mythicquest said:
I wonder how many people were called but passed due to the price now. Based on scubasteve being a Jan lister and getting called for this, it would seem they've passed quite a few months pretty quickly...

Over 3 def thins out the buyer pool. Next phase is also premium lots then back to base lots which I assume will go back in the 2's

What's the opinion on the floating stairs? ANY ROI on that? They are charging about $52,000 for the floating stairs and glass rails. They def make the great room seem bigger.

Back