Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:
2.6m for plan 1 (32ft setback yard)

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

Wow, $450k higher than phase 6 and around $600/sf now.

Just out of curiosity, since the contract is so one sided favoring the builder, can the builder increase the price once you sign since there is such a huge price difference in such a short amount of time?

trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

Just out of curiosity, since the contract is so one sided favoring the builder, can the builder increase the price once you sign since there is such a huge price difference in such a short amount of time?
I wouldn't recommend asking this question and trusting people online about this. You need to ask your realtor to go over the contract with you to verify or ask the builder and get it in writing.

trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

I'm not a lawyer but I've never experienced this with any of my buyers, including my Phase 6 and 7 buyers. I doubt that they'll increase the pricing once the contract is signed.

USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

Expect Phase 10 with larger lots to be $2.7-$2.8m+.

Will be stretched unless I sell Mulberry... to sell or not to sell????!!  #theymostlikelywon'tcallmeanyway

scubasteve said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

Will be stretched unless I sell Mulberry... to sell or not to sell????!!  #theymostlikelywon'tcallmeanyway

I wonder how much you can get for your Mulberry?

A Mulberry plan 3 just pop up (74 Peppermint) asking $1.66M. 

lnc said:
scubasteve said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
scubasteve said:

2.45m for plan2

2.41m for plan 3

I wonder how much you can get for your Mulberry?

A Mulberry plan 3 just pop up (74 Peppermint) asking $1.66M. 

Probably as much as your Mulberry =D

lovingit said:
Do you think these view lots can sell like the La Vita Plan 4?  Those view lots were going for $900/sq ft.

I'm not familiar with la vita but the Cetara view lots were really small lots

lovingit said:
Do you think these view lots can sell like the La Vita Plan 4?  Those view lots were going for $900/sq ft.

Those La Vita view lots are much larger, especially the Plan 4s, so no they won't hit go that high.

USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:

Those La Vita view lots are much larger, especially the Plan 4s, so no they won't hit go that high.

La Vita has the lowest elevation and they look over apartments.  Cetara has higher elevation and a much nicer view.  Does that account for anything?

irvineboy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:

La Vita has the lowest elevation and they look over apartments.  Cetara has higher elevation and a much nicer view.  Does that account for anything?

Cetara views are not that great.  It's a narrow lot overlooking Palermo rooftops.  La Vitas (3 of them) that sold for $900+/sqft. had unobstructed view at the highest point of La Vita elevation with 10,000 to 14,000 sqft wide lot.  So much better view on these homes with a ample space for a good size pool and a lawn to run around.  Other LV lots are not so great with apartment rooftops like you said. 

btw, non-view Plan 4 is now selling for $950+/sqft in today's crazy market -https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/73-Sunset-Cv-92602/home/58551663
So those La Vita Plan 4 view lots at the higher elevation will be $1,000+ / sqft at today's market.

I think Cetara views homes will sell at $800+/sqft, which means still big profits $$$

Then again, the Cetara plan 2 is hot right now.  It?s their best selling floorplan and they still have hundreds of folks on the waiting list.  Buyers might opt for smaller lot with dramatic high ceilings and a huge functional loft, over piazza set up on a larger lot, overlooking apartments.  Cetara also has 5 bedrooms whereas La Vita only has 4 bedrooms.

La Vita is also a freaking motor court home....

The Cetera list is long. I inquired about my chances for that Lot 32 Plan 1 and they said most likely not =(

lovingit said:
Then again, the Cetara plan 2 is hot right now.  It?s their best selling floorplan and they still have hundreds of folks on the waiting list.  Buyers might opt for smaller lot with dramatic high ceilings and a huge functional loft, over piazza set up on a larger lot, overlooking apartments.  Cetara also has 5 bedrooms whereas La Vita only has 4 bedrooms.

I don?t think anyone would pick a Cetara plan 2 over a La Vita plan 4.

The only thing memorable about the Cetara 2 model was the chandelier in the living room.

La Vita 4 had the chandelier, plus the dual masters, the ladder in the walk-in closet, a huge lot with a pool, AND the view.

$3.8m motor court, no thanks.  I don't care how large the lot is.  Only 4 bedrooms in 4k square feet?  You don't pay that much to have your neighbors share a driveway.  Pass

I actually heard that a few buyers got called for Cetara view lots in phase 1 but passed up for whatever reason.  Wonder if they regret it now?

Back